Fan leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craterlake

Reaction score
Hi folks! We had gorgeous weather here today! I am so happy to see the sun!!
I have a question I know someone out there can enlighten me on! I have been removing some of the fan leaves so the light can penetrate down to the lower branches. Is there a rule of thumb as to how many and how often?

tanks!

The rule is to NEVER remove fan leaves! I will never understand why people think removing leaves help. I dont mean to be a jerk but use common sense.

maineharvest said:
The rule is to NEVER remove fan leaves! I will never understand why people think removing leaves help. I dont mean to be a jerk but use common sense.

I don't think your a jerk! It's just what I've read in many different places. Just enough to let light penetrate better I've read. I still have plenty of leaves on the plants but they were so thick!

tanks!

Those big fan leaves are what feed your plant. You are basically taking food away from your plant and at the same time stressing it by cutting it. I would recommend not cutting any more leaves.

Photosynthesis takes place in the leaves, the more leaves, the better your plant can grow and produce buds. Love your babes and they'll return the love, good luck!!

maineharvest said:
Those big fan leaves are what feed your plant. You are basically taking food away from your plant and at the same time stressing it by cutting it. I would recommend not cutting any more leaves.

Thanks so much! I will stop right now.

maineharvest said:

man I am going to really get in trouble on this site!,, these senior members think they know it all and they just don't!!

The water/fan leaves can be thinned with no problems at all!! just don't take too much at a time. What people like this guy don't get is they are motors for the plant BUT ONLY for the stem or section they are on not the whole plant! OR plants would only have ONE Leaf.. So if you think about it a bit, when you remove one motor that has provided well for its section so another motor can get gas/light to provide for its section better.. All it takes is some thought in what motors to remove so others can do thier work better. You can get a much bigger healthier plant this way with some topping too. These guys grow small plants and think they are growing something lol funny.. I am in NOR CAL and we can get plants 15 feet high and get 3-5 lbs off it.... These guys get a zip off one plant and think they can Grow and are pros!

Crater is growing indoors under a 400hps, that is a long ways from 15 foot outdoor NorCal plants.

maineharvest said:
Crater is growing indoors under a 400hps, that is a long ways from 15 foot outdoor NorCal plants.

That's my point, and that is why your advise is wrong! I am sure he would rather get 3-5 zips than 1 per plant... I ve seen the untrimmed plants you guys grow and they are tiny little things with ONE little cola what a total of 24inches. They are a joke!! Plants should only be grown this way in a SEA OF GREEN set up! For a home grower with a 400w hps set up 4 topped and trimmed large plants with 4-6 colas each is MUCH Better and Much more product in the end. Wow you guys are a trip!

You never need to remove fan leaves. Just LOWER BRANCHES WANNABEGROWER.

You need to learn that lollipopping > pruning fans

:)

I know That post sounds mean and cold. But i am sorry I do not mean it that way. I cant think of another way to inform you of this. :rofl:

and wth is a zip ;) sounds like an immature way to discuss weight.

craterlake said:
That's why I'm here, to learn!

good luck!,, but remember everything you learn here is not always correct and it is opinion more than anything most of the time.

Your thinking was right in the first place, gut fellings are usually right and you were. Or you can just be a lazy grower and do nothing and get nothing it takes work every day to have nice big pretty plants that give much great bud. I hope that is what you get big nice pretty plants!

wannabegrower said:
good luck!,, but remember everything you learn here is not always correct and it is opinion more than anything most of the time.

Your thinking was right in the first place, gut fellings are usually right and you were. Or you can just be a lazy grower and do nothing and get nothing it takes work every day to have nice big pretty plants that give much great bud. I hope that is what you get big nice pretty plants!
Just as the consensus does not agree with your opinion. Your gut FEELING on this one was wrong. You are correct it does take work and time and effort for plants to grow. But cutting off the plants main carbohydrate producers...how does anyone expect fat buds with no big fat leaves.

and...

You're worried about the small tiny nugs at the bottom? The ones that produce the least amount of THC (YES I TEST THEM). Well us REAL growers, we cut those branches off before the flowering begins.

Happy growing guys :peace:

I just read another thread where Wanabee is just starting arguements. You wont last long on this forum if thats all you want to do. Go troll somewhere else.

maineharvest said:
He was argueing with Hamster yesterday and now has him confused with me.

Your right it was Hamster NOT YOU!! I am very Sorry to you for that!:holysheep:

It wont hurt anything at all i been cuttin my leaves for years..

Latest posts

Back