Fans and seedlings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrOysterhead

Mr Oysterhead
Reaction score
I was wondering if the fan might be to close to the seedlings or what is the best set up for growth , do my seedling need more heat , is the fan
not nessecary right now or yes? looking for tips , first time grower :eek: :stoned:

fan fro seedling.jpg

fan from seedling 2.jpg

fan from seedling 3.jpg

what the fan blowing on the seedlings does is make them root down good and get a nice thick stalk, this way she wont tumble over when she is weighted down with sticky buds;)

doesnt have to be enough wind to make them fall over just to sway them back and forth a bit to simulate wind that would be blowing in their natural enviroment.

ideal temps at the plants should be around 70-80 degrees. do you have anything reading temps up there? i have a neat little one i got from lowes for $12 that has a little remote sensor on it that you can put anywhere. i have it at the very top of my plant so i know what my exact heat is at the tops of them.

you need to get one! this is the one i have. you want to keep a eye on your temps, with flouros like your using with the fan blowin you shouldnt have any problems cause they dont get that hot. but i would get one just to make sure, and when you get the HPS ( i think you said you were getting one in another post) you will want one for sure cause them babies put out some heat.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=21243-1308-00887GT&lpage=none

i like that little fan you got, since it winter nobody has their darn fans out in any of the store around here so its almost impossible to find one.

cyberquest said:
i like that little fan you got, since it winter nobody has their darn fans out in any of the store around here so its almost impossible to find one.

I had the same problem...check your local 'mom and pop' hardware store...they don't usually change stock with the seasons.

Another very nice benefit of wind is the natural insect repellant it provides. It make proliferation difficult for them. ;)

Places like True Vaolue and Ace Hardware kinda small shops put all that stuff in the back. If you go when there not busy they'll dig one out for ya. ;)

sweet thanks guys, i think it wont be long for lowes has them back out either, there garden center stuff has come back out and they got tons of stuff now as to where two weeks ago there was slim pickins.

yep no problem , I think ill probibly buy a couple more to , i just put 2 more seedlings in the grow closet

lol, i got 14 of them going right now, i think i went a little overboard though cause since i had to transplant them to bigger pots i have run out of room in my veg room. i had to put 4 of them under two 4ft flouros just sitting on the floor and one other under a 2ft one by itself and the cloest has 5 in large buckets and three that still need larger pots. i just have no room left for them.

my limit to veg in big pots is gonna have to be 6 for now until we expand a little.

yep i got a little over excited with germinating seeds.

floor.jpg

floor2.jpg

cleset.jpg

Latest posts

Back