fans on/off during dark period ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Sorry to be posting so many threads here but would like to know what you all do in the dark cycle when flowering your plants.. Leave the exhaust fan on? leave the air movment fan on during the dark, 12 hour period ? Thanks everyone, Hero

I always keep the extractor on. The fan i have works in the dark period each 15 minutes. It helps reducing the RH level.

yes I leave the circulating fan on in the dark period during flowering. I keep my RH 30%-40%.

Circulation reduces mold problems in late flower.

You're gonna hear how circulation at nite increases CO2 levels, thus enhances growth--but then you're gonna hear how others don't think plants grow in the dark. I, personally, don't know, nor do I give a big fat damn--I'm just fighting the Botryis wars here in Humidityland.

Thanks everyone... I take it the circulating fan is on then. no one mentioned the exaust fan much... ( except BHO expertz ) is that the general opinion here as well? Thanks Hero

I leave all fans on 24/7. Have not turned off in couple years.

nouvellechef said:

Agreed, i use to shut them off for a short time in the dark, then powdery mildew came to visit, now i never shut any fan off, exhast or circulating.

When I said "circulation" I should have said room air circulation--as in exhaust fans (sorry to be abstruse). Your oscilators aren't gonna do much at all at nite.

K good. now I know.. Appriciate it everyone.. Thanks Hero

nouvellechef said:

.........."ditto".........

Latest posts

Back