Feds hit Washington state now as well

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sl4ck3rThcGrower said:
Just my 2 cents... I do paint and bodywork and restore classice cars in california and one of my clients owns a club and let me tell you im not cheap when i take a few months each on his list of cars he has to restore. Id believe that he makes alot of $$$ off the business. I even asked him about whats going on and hows he doing with the feds. Well his club is still up and running when almost all the clubs in sacramento closed. Said he didnt get a closure notice, and he's been paying 8% revenue to feds and 4% to local county for some time. I do know he has ties into city councel, and hes the one who talked me into growing for myself.

So if the Feds are taking in tax revenue from a federally illegal drug, then aren't they guilty as well...? Sorry :rolleyes:

:rofl:

:peace:,

7greeneyes:)

Whats sad 7 is no, they are not guilty. They have shut down and prosecuted AND incarcerated numerous folks that paid Federal taxes.

As far as the Federal Geverment is concerned, They expect anyone who makes any monies in the USA to pay Federal tax, be it legal or illegal.
The IRS does not send folks to jail for criminal activities, but send folks for not payinig taxes. The crack dealer on the street is expected to pay taxes on what he sells.

I know man, it sounds silly, but it is the truth.

So, long story short, even though MMJ is illegal federally, you must pay taxes on monies generated, according to the IRS.

NorCalHal said:
Whats sad 7 is no, they are not guilty. They have shut down and prosecuted AND incarcerated numerous folks that paid Federal taxes.

As far as the Federal Geverment is concerned, They expect anyone who makes any monies in the USA to pay Federal tax, be it legal or illegal.
The IRS does not send folks to jail for criminal activities, but send folks for not payinig taxes. The crack dealer on the street is expected to pay taxes on what he sells.

I know man, it sounds silly, but it is the truth.

So, long story short, even though MMJ is illegal federally, you must pay taxes on monies generated, according to the IRS.

that is the most innane stupidest aspect about our gov't, Norcal, it just frustrates me. We need to remove all the Supreme Court Justices, get some new blood in there and reevalute the drug scheduling. I've been below radar my whole (cannabis) growing life, tho I am severely handicapped and could easily pick one up form intractable pain, for this exact reason. :mad: I'm afraid if I did get my rec and I'd donate/pickup meds, my name will go on a list then that place will get popped, thusly me catching heat.

peace Norcal, I appreciate your grows and your knowledge that you bring here.

Keep your heads down folks, times of trouble are ahead I'm afraid to say...sigh.

Stoneage said:
Even if they did legalize it here, I think I would still stay underground.

I'm with you, deep underground,

hXXp://www.goskagit.com/news/article_c122cd82-1bbe-11e1-8748-001cc4c03286.html

I'd like to go to this meeting but I want to stay out of site. maybe wear a michael jackson disguese.

I will stay hiding under the ferns:)

Latest posts

Back