Feeding -- Walk Through & Clone ?'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does it make a mess? my pots sit in bowls to catch run off if thats what you mean.

also have you considered pulling the air in the room through the light and then outside? you could use passive intake in this scenerio.

Haha yeah, need to fix that hole.

Is putting the fan inside more accurate dman?

Hm I have seen these bowls, where can i find them at?
Also do you let the bowl just sit there after it caught the run off? Or do you empty it out right after

Forever[D]anked said:
Haha yeah, need to fix that hole.

Is putting the fan inside more accurate dman?

Hm I have seen these bowls, where can i find them at?
Also do you let the bowl just sit there after it caught the run off? Or do you empty it out right after

not neccessarily more accurate, but I would pull the rooms air through the light with the fan pulling, this will create a vaccum in your room and intake fans wont be needed.

I use big popcorn bowls from the dollar store but anything your pot fits in will do.

I water so there is a small amount of runoff, if the plant can suck it back up within an hour i leave it.

I use plastic bins or totes to place my pots in to catch the run off. And ya said ya need an intake..What is the cubic feet of this new room?..I see ya said 50sq ft..How tall is the room? the lumes in the new room is fine now..Im concerned of the added heat that you have proper ventilation..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

another thing I use are 5 gallon buckets I cut the bottoms at 6 inches tall..viola catch bin...use anything my friend..I started useing gallon milk jugs cut in half for run off..no need spend $$$$ on that issue

just my thaughts

I went to the dollar store and got some dish washing tubs.

woah. call the exterminator, my clones have spider mites :/
time to take some action

Alright so I tried the room last night with both lights on and the exhaust/intake on.

Within an hour that room hit 90s.
Then again my Intaket is horrible, i still need to find a proper fan that is ACTUALLY the size, let me post a pic of this ridiculous thing. It does blow in cool air but slowly.

I'm not sure what to do, When i buy a proper fan and it still hit's 90s. Should i Make more intake holes w/ Fans?

I've been thinking, Should i leave the door open ( as shown in pictures -- It's a bathroom by the way. ) And A huge fan blowing nice fresh air into the bathroom, Would i Be losing a crap load of Lumens? --- Hmm, this is my biggest problem, The Temperature.. Grr...

My Intake fan makes me laugh...

IMAG0172.jpg

Dude that thing belongs in your room moving air around...get a proper exhaust fan and use passive intake

the third pic is what im using to have the air moving around. Should i replace it?

And can you give a bit more detail in what you mean by passive intake?

ForeverDanked, it's good asking questions but sometimes you only get pieces of the puzzle that way.. if you buy a book like Jorge Cervantes Indoor/outdoor Medical Grow Bible you'll begin to see the whole picture. Everything in it is categorized; lights, co2, ventilation, nutrients, cloning, electricity, it's all covered. No offense meant... I'm offering it as a suggestion if maybe you want to super-charge your learning ;) BTW, I use plastic saucers from Home Depot or some grow stores for catching runoff. They're pretty pricey at $2.50 a piece but if you get the sturdy ones not the clear plastic ones its definitely worth it.

pasive air intake is a hole it the wall with a screen on it to keep out bugs. no fan. That tower fan work great in it's osculating(?) mode moving the air around in the grow room. I use one.

:rofl:

Someones Hooked on this Hobby...pretty soon this cat is going to move his bed into the Garage:giggle:

Most Def. I will be buying one of those bibles first thing. Have to learn someway :) thanks for all the responses

Comin together [D]!
Read all the stickies. Most these people wrote em, and either learned from personal experience or those books.. Just a heads up.

I had two ideas for the heat issue:
1)Advice.jpg

1) As pictured, This setup will constantly pull a fresh supply of air from outside(Top hole) thru the HPS in the foreground, thru the second HPS, then finally back outside(Bottom hole).
*You would still need a third hole and fan to exhaust the room's air.
*And if that makes it start to really smell outside, you could just hook an air scrubber on the inside part of the this third hole.

2)advice2.jpg

2) Same setup as above, but having an air scrubber connected to the HPS.
*May result in slightly higher temps than above but lowers the heat, scrubs the air, and creates a vacuum resulting in passive intake.

Passive air is when you place a hole( 3 inches or larger ) on the bottom of bathroom door...then you need and exhaust that is atleast the same CFM...you have 400CF of space..get an exhaust that is that or better..I use temp controllers and timmers..temp controller is very nice..but ya have to have to correct Exhaust..you can leave the door open but when you flower your bathroom needs to be Light leak free..best way to see if you have light leaks is close the door when light is on ..and turn off lights and look around the door edge...And you dont need go out and buy any books...we have everything you need to know right here in our house...Keep up the schooling and if need...PM me anything I can do to help Ill try..

take care and be safe:48:

Latest posts

Back