Fekin Humidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganjier

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
So, I can read all day, watch videos, search forums, but most of it is blah. How much humidity can I get away with in veg and flower?
My last grow I only added a small dehumidifier, (which prob didn't do much) during flower only. My max humidity would get to 65 ish. No signs of bud rot or mold.
I am starting my 5th week in veg and I am getting humidity in the 60's already.

I am taking care to defoliate to let air move, 3- small fans, 6" infinity exhaust on level 4. ( I do not like to run much higher due to minor sound.) 6" passive intake, and a 4" a/c line dropped in from my central air in my 3x3 tent.

Using mars hydro FC 4800 led at 50%.

Wondering if I can get away with higher humidity that the "they" say.

Thanks.

humidity equals mold when I was growing in tents...tents are just not my cup of tea...
I agree. I just can't get to that yet.....our state blows.

Tents are not the best in a high humid or heat environment....lt is necessary to have the artificial's in order to be successful.
Sounds like I need to bump my intake and exhaust up a bit. Nervous about upcoming flower. Ill add dehumidifier soon. Maybe I need to upgrade that also.....It will have to be outside the tent though. Lil plumbing never hurt anyone.

As long as you have your carbon filters and proper intake and exhaust parameters, do you will not have a problem with mold. I tried a new product the other day, and I assure you if you have any powdery mildew or any kind of insects, you can spray the stuff on the plants while they’re in flour and have zero negative effects, and the only thing you have to keep in mind is common sense. you want your plants cool in the lights off of them when you spray lost coast plant wash, but I had infestation of white flies in it knocked him out on two applications. I’ve been growing for 23 years and I’ve never seen the product. It impresses me as this stuff does.

I will def keep this in mind. My setup should be more than sub par, but you never know. Thanks man.

What state you in? My humidity runs around 30% in the winter.
I have been misting my veg plants every evening at lights out.
They have reacted to it very favorably.

I can controll a lot of my humidity with my vent fan. I keep it on full blast during high humidity. It may help if you have an available tent vent that is now closed to open it up to get a bit more circulation. If you do this, make sure no light can get in your tent during dark hours especially during flower. You can shield the light with a dark scarf or dark thin washcloth. Good luck and Merry Christmas 🎄

Something doesn't seem right to me. With the vent fans you are using you should be able to quickly lower the humidity in a 3X3 to that of the air coming in from the intake. You need to lower the humidity of the air going into the intake line, not the air in the tent.

I have a dehumidifier in my basement that has a port, a pump and about a 25 ft hose(2 actually but only one has a hose). During the summer, when it is humid in the basement, I hook up the hose and route it to my sump pump. Keeps the dehumidifier running and I don’t need to worry about it shutting off when full. I agree with crash and weed. The air in the room the tent lives in needs to have the RH low since exhaust fan is drawing in air from the room much faster than a dehumidifier could reduce the humidity in the tent(though you did say the dehumidifier can’t live in the tent-real estate in my tent is always at a premium as well). During veg I don’t worry as much about humidity but try to keep it in the 60’s. During flower, I like to keep the RH under 50 to ward off PM. If you want to go down a rabbit hole, look up VPD(vapor pressure density). There are charts showing optimal growth based on the ‘ratio’(kinda) of the temperature to humidity. I think TDub has an Infinity fan hooked up to a controller that will vary exhaust fan speed to maintain VPD. Again, that is a rabbit hole. I’ve been down it but can’t justify the cost to myself of trying to control it much more than tinkering with my temp and humidity. Humidity spikes during lights out since the temp will drop so keep that in mind as well.

Latest posts

Back