female clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry@OCG

Reaction score
Hello All - My buddy gave me some clones in June and they had already started their preflowers. They were in 1 gallon pots, so I put a few in the ground in my greenhouse and the others are in 10 gallon pots. I live on the West Coast, British Columbia. My question is regarding the 'mass' accumulation of leaf material and the starting of buds at the base of the plant. Mold has started to arrive around the bottom of the plant and it's only August. Am I better off to strip/cut the lower bud formations and let the rest of the plant develop like a 'normal' plant? I read that stripping lower branches can be good for the plant where the energy is focusing on the main colas of the plant. Basically the plants look like they did when he gave them to me in June, including the new growth which is about 4ft of new branches and bud formations. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about, I can send you a picture if you want. Thank you, Dean

id strip whatever has mold and hope for the best. keep and eye on em if you can. its just going to get wet soon on the island
pics would help much better

Great! - thanks for the reply. The first picture is what I was talking about. If I cut off most of the bottom buds and did some "stripping" I was hoping not to delay any continuous growing or delaying of the flowering process. Thanks for the feedback from the 'mods'.

DSCN3428.JPG

DSCN3429.JPG

DSCN3430.JPG

DSCN3432.JPG

id clean up a few inches for sure & any leaves with mold. much more i dont know. someone should jump in and correct me if im wrong.
maybe open the plant up , by staking down some branches with rope. that might keep it dryer inside the bush. good luck

Personally, I tie bailing twine around the grow pot. Then tie string from a limb down to the twine. But befor you start jerking the limb down, use duct tape around limb to the main stock so not rip it off stock. This way you'll get more air flow to knock down mole's and PM also. Also gives more light to inside buds. Good luck and green blessings.

Latest posts

Back