Female Odds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry@OCG

Reaction score
Hi, I was curious if many growers who germinate by the wet towel method end up with more females then males? I read this somewhere but they didn't give a percentage. This year, I germinated 65 seeds, 20 didn't sprout, 45 are female and they are all growing in 1 gallon pots, except for 1 in a 3 gallon pot. I read a lot about odds of getting female/male and many opinions state a 50/50 ratio. I was just wondering if I had 45 horseshoes up somewhere or are certain methods of germinating better than others in producing females.

Happy Cracking!!!!!!!!!

I mostly hear exactly what you stated that it's basically a 50:50 ratio between males and females. Actually, I was pondering the same thought today on whether or not germinating using a wet towel may produce more females. I'm curious to what the other members will state.

If you had 100% females from the seeds that germinated, I would guess that these are seeds from a hermie. I don't think that there can be any other explanation.

Now, that's some serious information about producing females. Thanks Mutt via Hick. I guess all the Love I give my plants is finally paying off. I totally agree with the "Basic Growing Conditions." I did use 1 gallon pots just as an experiment and now all the plants have one big cola and two side ones. Send photo soon.

Happy Manicuring!!!

boydee said:
Now, that's some serious information about producing females. Thanks Mutt via Hick. I guess all the Love I give my plants is finally paying off. I totally agree with the "Basic Growing Conditions." I did use 1 gallon pots just as an experiment and now all the plants have one big cola and two side ones. Send photo soon.

Happy Manicuring!!!

I don't know how far you into flowering, but I would be checking my girls every single day for hermies...this is the only way you could have ended up with all females (sorry, but the love you give your plants only goes so far :)).

Looking forward to seeing pixs of your girls.

Latest posts

Back