Feminized Seeds??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusible

Reaction score
I heard somewhere that the way to get feminized seeds is to have a hermie pollinate a female, is this true?

I'm lookin' for a little clarification here too.

Hermies procreate hermies, NOT feminised seeds. Feminisation is done by "reversing" the sex of a true(homozygous) female, via chemical alteration, not from hermie genetics.

That was the impression I had, even though the pollen comes from a hermie plant, it's still male pollen, despite what someone on another post is trying to tell me.

hey biff...I'm no genetics genius, in fact, much of the in depth information to do with multiple Alleles, chromosomes, co-dominance, incomplete dominance, pretty much escape me. But I think, that a true female, sexually reversed via silver thiosulphate(that term doesn't sound right), gibberllic acid, or some other chemical process, won't have a a male chromosone, "IF" it came from a true female, and NOT a hermie.

I believe that is the basis of feminised seeds. No male chromosone.

I hear ya there. Lots of angles involved, I just don't buy the hermie thing.

I personally think the concept of feminizing seeds is unnatural. Like the Gibberllic Acid. They say do not smoke the buds with that acid on it. but what about the seeds. I'm no biologist or Botanist. but that just doesn't sound like something I would want any where near my system. IMHO.

I'll save my money and take my chances for one female seed out of a ten pack.

I also don't buy into the Hermie idea either. To me if forced those traits will pass on. You may get a female or a male. but the fact that you spend a lot of time and energy then bam get hit with a hermie. Not for me.

Latest posts

Back