Fertilizer and soil questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCRomero253

Reaction score
First ?. I bought two bottles of Alaska fertilizer fish fertilizer 5-1-1 and morbloom 0-10-10 I was wondering what I should use as a dosage and should I increase etc. putting clones I'm gonna buy directly into flowering. Other forums said to mix the two for flowering but didn't say how much of each per gallon

Second ?. I have a perlite to mix in with a soil to transplant the clones into. I'm wondering what soil should I use that would go good with that fertilizer something from lowes or wal mart

:bongin:

Also how often will feeding be necessary?(8in pot) how long before harvest should I stop using the fertilizer and just use water? And will flushing be needed? Sorry for so many questions just other forums don't get me the answers like MP does! :watchplant:

Why are you putting clones directly into flowering may I ask? If you really want to do that then the person who told you to mix them has a good idea, I guess..

Start with the best soil you can find, Fox farm Happy frog, or Fox farm ocean forest.

Also, an 8 inch pot is very small for a finished plant... I wouldn't worry about flushing at this point.

Personally from what you said you are looking at a tiny harvest. Plants need growth (vegging) to perform in flower... I don't understand your clone to flower deal. Green mojo though.

I'm in agreement with everything Rosebud has said.

As far as how much of the nutrients....what do the directions say?

Many people throw clones right into flower IMO look into strain you are growing find out if its a heavy feeder, Mild , or low feeder i would hit a drug store and get a syringe 20 ml reading and start with 2 ml per liter of both for 2 feedings then bump it up to 4 ml per both per liter and see how it goes
As for soil i would look for anytype add some other ingredients to it like peatmoss , cow manure , sea compost, even mushroom compost remember to also get a bag of perlite rinse perlite throughly before adding to soil
my guess is it will work ok with combined 5 - 11 -11 with some amendments might get it few points higher in all areas with also a weekly tea mix who knows lol

Thanks for the feedback. I've had a lot of experience in the seed-veg state of the plants from helping fellow patients but most got the hang of it before flowering started. I built a small grow box and just want to get some experience in flowering and it needs to fit... But also While I'm waiting to get the rest of my stuff for my grow tent so I can do an actual more full size grow ( which I'll be journaling on here of course ) I know it's not ideal RB & THG but it's just til then. Thanks for the tips DrFever

Latest posts

Back