Ferts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURKEYNECK

Old School
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good fert for flowering that doesnt have to be ordered?...No Fox Farms for me..the nearest dealer is 100 miles away and I dont want to order online. Lowes?...

How about Blue Moon, cheaper than FF, neighbor uses it all the time.

Call up the nearest grow shop, ask how much for what you want including tax & shipping. Cut them a postal money order for that amt. and mail it to them. In a few days it'll arrive US mail or UPS.

I believe Lowes handles an organic line called "Alaskan Brand". I had relatively good success with it. But make certain to check the ph of the mixed solution before feeding. I recall some issues wuth he ph, but it may have only occured useing that brand of fish emulsion.

i have recently noticed that a lot of garden centers are starting to carry nutes...off to the side on a couple of lower shelves...kinda tucked away so as not overly visible to the "normal" customer

look throughout the whole garden centre...you know the place i mean? where you would go buy your flowers for the front garden...shrubbery and stuff too ;)

The Knights who say "KNEEEE" want more shrubbery!

TN if there is a Lowes seems like there would be nurseries and other hydro garden shops They love money I bet they'd find something you could use.

i have been using alaskan fish emulsions for some time know and do fine with it except for the very bad smell . but here lately i have found a new company called neptunes harvestthey sell the fish fertilizer fish/seaweed fertilizer seaweed fertilizer kelp meal and crab shell.i will type to you what it says about it . and so far with the fish/seaweed fertizer is just as they say no odors ...... it says our fertilizer contains much more than just you npk. it has vitamins , minerals macro and micro nutrients amino acids, trace elements and growth hormones. we have a unique cold process that protects the above mentioned ,leaving them intact and readily available for your plants .unlike fish emulsions, we remove no oil or meal from the fish, we do not cook our fish,and there is no offensive odors . the organic nitrogen and nutrients are chelated so they are readily available for the plants consumption and will stay in the soil longer. it builds beneficial bacteria so soil is healthier and looser,. exsperts have reported usable compost in half the time. it is 100% organic , so it wont burn plants or roots , or pollute the enviroment . commercially proven to out perform chemicals. it builds sugars in plants,which makes plants healthier and less susceptible to fungus , disease and insect damage . vegatables ,fruits and herbs taste beter. flowers have more vivid colors and blooms are more plentiful (bigger buds) and longer lasting. it is also a great DEER REPELANT . university studys show proven to outperform 20/20/20chemical ferts.. this is a responce on mainly on the neptunes fish fertilizer. if anyone wants more info on the crab /shell // fish/seaweed kelp or just the seaweed neptunesharvest.com . ps you can find these products at most nursies or greenhouses now without having to order it off the internet.

..but..but ..but skunk, doesn't the "Alaskan Brand" state that it is de-odorized??

(I know, it still stinks BAD)

Thanks for the reply fellas..thats awesome Skunk..I have no idea where I would find it though, I need something fast.

easiest way is to go have a look in the garden centres-shops you have access to,as long as you have an idea of what you are wanting to do you should find something,most work well if used right

omg hick deoderized fish emulsions that is not stink that is just plain nastyness lol. exspecially if you did it my way put 5 capfuls in a 5 gallon bucket and put a fish pump in it and wait for a week to feed them god you talk about nasty stankin rotting fish smell. atleast there was 1 good side of it ,it did keep the weed smell gone . but im so glad i found neptunes hardly no stank at all . but is a little pricey 15 dollars a quart compared to alaskan fish emusions at 5.47cents a bottle. but you cannot find this at lowes or homedepot i only found it at 2 nurseries in my area . ps thanks turkey neck you may be able to go to the website ive given you and call there 1800-# and ask them what stores they ship in to in your area and location . but i think i got a deal at 15 a quart when the website says 18.50 .

I want it to be all natural you know?..thats the best thing about growing your own. IMO...with beer.

Find a good reputable garden center or nursery nearby and simply ask for "organic" ferts/nutrients. I'm sure someone in your area carrys an organic line.

'Mornin' Hick...Im going to several places Ive discovered today to see what I can dig up..wish me luck.

okay this is the best thing I could come up with. Its 5-1-1 which from my understanding you want the last 2 numbers to be higher for flower but I bought it anyway.. what do you think?

fert.gif

it will work well alone for both stages if you can handle the stink lol. good job and gl.

skunk said:
it will work well alone for both stages if you can handle the stink lol. good job and gl.

oh man...I hope it isnt too bad!! both stages really?..thats cool.

well you had time to open it and take a whiff bye now lol.

ps remember to shake very well exspecially if you bought it at lowes or somewhere like that . they seem to be a little on the thick side from long term shelf life.

Latest posts

Back