Ferts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedman2018

Reaction score
Im looking for some soil and there is no Hydro stores close to me.
What soil would you guys recommend?

Last edited:
My local hd has earth juice nutes

Last edited:
You can us that brand if you want. However, those nutes are formulated for general purpose gardening, which may leave you with an imbalance of needed nutes and other elements present that aren't needed by Cannabis. Cannabis is a very need specific plant, and if you want them to grow to their best potential, then you need nutes that are formulated specifically for Cannabis. I do like the others above and order all my stuff from Amazon. Trust me, no one is going to follow the stuff you order to your door to ask you why you are getting that. Logistically no agency can do that, due to the thousands of products that get shipped everyday. If you want to buy local stuff, then I recommend that you look into the organic soils/nutrients. Espoma makes all organic nutrients and they sell at home supply stores. Plus those come packed with the microbes that are critical to organic growing.

most organic soil growers mix their own soil with organic amendments, so the nutes are in the soil and all that's necessary is water and micro organisms. Products like Great White, or EM1 provide the micro organisms. Some organic growers do composted teas for the micro organisms

You are really limiting yourself by not buying what you need online. What exactly is the problem with buying things online?

Even with organic grows, I cannot find everything I need in a city of 250,000 and do a lot of my shopping online.

Thanks for the replies. Well i was very concerned about ordering and having things delivered but you guys dont seem to think there is need for concern so maybe i will look into some Nutes online. The reason i asked about the Alaska Nutes is i seen where someone had posted online that grew with them. They even have the Micronutrients. Anyway, i will look into this futher online or at Amazon.
Thanks

Weedman, I have used General Hydroponics, Cogo's, Sierra Natural Science and now Advanced Nutrients. All worked real good, with only slight differences in stages of growth. All were specific to cannabis.

i have almost everything it takes to grow delivered, bought online. i tried the, keep it local thing and it was a huge mess. used to have to travel 120 miles to get fox farm soil. switched to chipped coco and haven't looked back. i re use the coco, so i rarely have to buy more, i just add new to maintain the amount of coco i keep in a storage bin for repotting.
been using General Hydroponics for a year or two, i have seen some folks switch to a single part dry nute called MegaCrop. i may swap over later this year. its cheaper than GH. and seems to do just fine

general hydroponics 3 part nutes, I would never use anything owned by Monsanto. Might as well grow GMO Pot

So if i grow with MG,,ill grow a third eye,,,lol.. Cool,,long as it is in the back of my head. Just joking
Seems the GH 3part is well liked.
Im almost ready to say the hell with Nutes. Maybe i should go Organic. Make my own tea and mix my own soil. Sounding better everyday.

Outdoors Organic is a great way to grow. Love Compost Tea. Big Hit with All Plants. Alfalfa Tea is Another Favorite.

I love organic growing. You will probably still have to order some things online. Check out the organic section for some great soil and tea recipes.

I really think im going Organic. Much better in my opinion. I know how to make compost. Used it on my Roses a few times. Guess its time to do some reading here and on the net about Organics.

Homeboy depot sells some pretty decent veggie based bagged soil---as stated above you need to amend your soil as no bag soil is plug and play from seed to harvest---some like miracle grow---im not that guy--- teas are your friend---check out Kelp4less.com---they got all you need to stay organic and give those girls what they need when they need it to bust out an organic harvest to be proud of

Thanks Orange,,,i will look into the Kelp. Sounds very interesting.
Thanks for all the replies.

Kelp for Less is a web site that sells many different kinds of organic amendments, not just kelp. I have found their products and service to be excellent. I make up a super soil for my plants and supplement with teas through the season.

Latest posts

Back