FF Big Bloom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontknowmuch

Reaction score
Ok so the feeding chart I found online says to feed 1tbl per gallon during flower. I just noticed that on the bottle itself it says 4tbl per gallon. Question is have I been starving my ladies with only 1 tbl?

Yes that's the chart I was talking about. See how it says 1tbl of big bloom during flower. On the bottle it says to use 4tbl

For heavy feedings... Mix 2tbl spn of tgrblm with 2tblspn of bgblm. I was doing5-7tbl spn of each

All growers must remember that feeding charts are just a guide. Your plants may take more or less depending on how much they need.

Pc beat me to it. No one should be a slave to a nutrient schedule--it is just a guide. Different plants have different nutrient needs. Does your plant look like it is starving?

Does your plant look like it is starving?

Good question, but might be hard to answer if one doesn't know what starving looks like!! If getting just enough food to keep her alive, the plant may not produce well even though she looks healthy.

well since the chart says 1tbl and the bottle says 4tbl I just gonna use 2tbl for now. The plants don't look starved, Just curious if they would benefit from a heavier dose. And kinda trippin out on the discrepancy between the two aforementioned doses that FF suggests.

I imagine the discrepancy is due to the fact that in the feeding chart they are also adding other nutes and additives, whereas the bottle is showing what would be needed if used alone.

I always push my nutes until the plants show a little bit of nute burn and then back off a bit. Virtually all of my plants will have a tiny bit of nute burn on some of the leaf tips.

PC that makes sense, Goddess I will push a little harder then

The Hemp Goddess said:
I always push my nutes until the plants show a little bit of nute burn and then back off a bit. Virtually all of my plants will have a tiny bit of nute burn on some of the leaf tips.

THANKS THG!

Someone didn't find my post above as helpful, sorry, but it's true. If you don't know what an UNDERFED plant looks like, you'll not know if it's starving. THG's post answers that perfectly and I think may have helped...as I had hoped!

The feeding schedule I started with recommended 3tbs/gallon bb with 2tsp/gallon tiger bloom through out flowering, with the exception of weeks 4 and 5 (IIRC) where they recommend some grow big along with the others. . .

To get the most out of the FF nutes, you might want to check out and try the trio, I used it for my first several grows and had great success!!

Roddy said:
Does your plant look like it is starving?

Good question, but might be hard to answer if one doesn't know what starving looks like!! If getting just enough food to keep her alive, the plant may not produce well even though she looks healthy.

And I know this is true from experience. My son was doing the nute mixture one day when I noticed he wasn't multiplying the amount times the number of gallons. Come to find out, this was what he had been doing for quite awhile, the gals were getting weak nute mixtures. None showed signs of starving, but when it came harvest for several gals, the weight difference was obvious. Mixed right and future harvest showed the difference as well.

I never knew these gals were starving, they looked healthy but had smaller buds than previous. Might have gone on for some time had I not been paying attention one day.

I think starving is the wrong word. If your plant is starving it would be noticeable. I think hungry is more like what your describing. Not being fed enough stunts the plants growth and won't allow you to get the maximum out of it. JMO :)

Latest posts

Back