FFS *** digital ballasts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teslaman

Reaction score
i recently bought a dimmable light system, i had it on 250w initially to allow small cuts to get used to intense light before i switched to 600w which i did a few weeks ago, i thought jesus christ these plants are slow growing so flicked the dimmer switch, ffs turns out it was not working, so past 3 weeks been on 250w , i contacted shop monday just gone.

hi recently purchased a Optilux - Digital Dimmable 600w Grow Light with adjust a wing enforcer reflector i have been using it for 5 weeks now on 250w and when i switched to 400-600 or 660w it does not brighten thus it's not working properly, i have also noticed the ballast is running a little hotter then my two 2 year old omegas which still work fine, both up and down the wattage range, i have my ballasts on rcd's so no safety issue just the wattage range, i will test it again to check if this is still not working, i checked another of my ballasts and it worked fine alas your ballast did not work on my other lights, so is defective.

their reply:

"Ever so sorry that's occurred, the budget ballasts can be temperamental.
I'll arrange to send you a replacement if you like."

You can keep hold of the ballast you currently own, perhaps if can be useful as repairs or a friend can make use of it.
Let me know at your earliest convenience what you'd like to do.

If you've got the time, we'd be greatly appreciative if you could leave us some feedback on our TrustPilot.
One Stop Grow Shop is rated "Excellent" with 4.5 / 5 on Trustpilot

my reply:

Hi , that's not good to hear, something electrical being temperamental, as for a replacement i do not want the same model ballast, i have used omega for over ten years and never had one issue with having used over 20 x of these ballasts, so a dodgy temperamental ballast is not for me as i like to sleep in the knowledge my electrical equipment is safe, so considering it passed CE certification too, that's even more shocking.
i would appreciate a replacement as i am one lamp down and really need it now.

i would not pass on something that is essentially defective, moreso being electrical, as i do have a conscious.

if you could send me a replacement asap that would be great customer service.

their reply:

Unfortunately we don't supply Omega ballasts and our most affordable range 'Optilux' is designed on a budget which can lead to some manufacturing faults in some units.
The price difference between our middle range ballasts such as the SolisTek ballast £139.95 and our Optilux range £55.95 is too steep to replace without the cost difference.

As you've mentioned, the product has passed CE certification so we don't see typical issues with them, compared to the rest of our range it can be a higher chance though.
If you'd like to upgrade to one of our ballasts I can offer to discount the cost of the Optilux ballast from its purchase.
Alternatively, I can send out the Optilux ballast replacement.

my reply:

I would prefer a refund, under the sale of goods act, this ballast is, "not fit for purpose" you have 'clearly' stated this in this and your previous email,
failing a refund if you could, i would accept two x Adjust A Wing Enforcer reflectors in the place of the ballast.
Thanks again.

if all else fails i leave this screenshot on trust pilot for them, i have shopped there for years and never had any issues, but dodgy electrical stuff, shocking, if you will pardon the pun.

teslaman

Definitely sounds like there trying to make it right.
You do get what you pay for.

Yes, i agree they are trying, but electrical equipment carries more of a risk when faulty, then a leaky tap, imho they clearly stated they can have issues, so why stock potentially life threatening equipment.
teslaman

So a reply from my last email:

Apologies if the wording I provided made it seem like our product is fault by design. I'd just like to state, it is not faulty by design.

My intention was to advise yourself that our budget range of products are more likely to show faults than our higher range.

When we sell our products we have no clear way of identifying faults, this is handled by our suppliers and usually solved by them too once 4 weeks have passed from receiving the goods.

As you've been a dedicated customer we've decided to handle this matter internally and provide both reflectors that you have requested.

Please bear in mind it is not often we would make an exchange like this, we hope it's to your satisfaction though.

If you'd still like to go through with the exchange, please let me know at your earliest convenience.

You cannot get better customer service than this, considering the reflectors are £69.95 each and the ballast is only £55 on it's own, i am a very happy bunny now.

teslaman

ffs they mailed me two small reflectors without the bulb holders and no use to me as they are for 150-250 hids only, so i contacted store they said a mix up, apologised and will get back to me tomorrow.

Im getting tired of editing your post Bro. You just don't stop do you? This shit is getting old.😠
Every time someone you dont agree with says something you pop off with some smart ass answer. Whats your deal?

Latest posts

Back