Fight Off Bugs And Disease With Aspirin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i did cursh it up first an mix it in small bottle of pretty warm water to dissolve it good first. an yes i noticed the same thing that it was hard to dissolve as well but i just kept shakin my bottle til my arm went numb lol. then i mixed it withtthe rest the water an shiook the hek out it again

bombbudpuffa said:
If a grower is using reverse osmosis water then they should seriously consider using Cal Mag Plus.
Would this apply to a hydro grow?
I’ve filled my tank with neat RO and was going to add the nutes, run it for a few hours, then just check the PH. I was under the impression the nutes contained everything needed, Calcium and magnesium included.
(Great thread by the way) :D

Heres a quote from a very good grower:

ro water is raw water which is a solvent. the reason water is hard is because it physically pulls minerals from rocks and stuff.
when you remove the minerals and other impurities, using an ro filter system, your left with raw water .
which will start to re-absorbed the minerals removed by the filter. it will pull the minerals and nutrients right out of your plants because its the natural thing for water to do.

plants need calcium and magnesium and the other goodies found in cal/mag.

there is calcium and other trace elements in tap water but it might not be the proper size for plants to absorb properly in a hydroponic solution,

if you do not use cal/mag in a hydroponic solution with ro water your plants will go yellow within weeks.

did you know that soon as you drink ro water it starts to pull the trace elements from your liver, if you drank nothing but ro water, after your liver is depleted of minerals it will pull them from your bones and anywhere else it can find minerals in your body. yse drinking a solvent will kill you eventually.

thats why coke and pepsi add minerals and vitamines to there bottled water after it run thru an ro filter.

ro water is fantastic for hydroponic solutions because it allows you to control exactly what your plants are drinking, your finest quality nutrients. theres no other nasty things in the water. but you must use ro water with nutrients, never ever as raw water.

anyone out ther use RO water and not add any cal or mag to the water?
if so wat was results , bad, good, any?

I used to use RO water without it and didn't like it. I went back to tap water. I tried the ro again with the MagiCal and i'm strictly using it now. I've been having some of my best grows with it:).

well im glad this came up when it did. i havent started usin ro on my flowering ladies but did on my new ones in veg wit the aspirin it it only once so far.
but i'll just continue wit distilled until i can get some the magical.
but if ro water takes everythin out it then wouldnt distilled be similar as well. nothin in it? or actually i thought distilled is even more free of anythin more than ro water...
idk but i been usin distilled this whole time witout cal mag. but only nutes.
maybe thats beeen one my probs as well wit my plants. i mean they arent lookin full potential. it always seems they lacking somethin vital, but yet they still keep goin an goin an aint havin any thc production probs either. plenty suga on my babaies right now.

I have been using RO water for about 6 months and the girls are healthy as ever.I use gh flora nutes with fox farm adds(open ses,beastie,cha ching) and they get the ph just right, But recently since it takes sooooo long to get a gallon of water and there is so much waste I have been letting some tap sit out with an air stone bubbling for about 3 days give or take, and mixing 1/2 and 1/2 and everything is still real good. Thats my 2 cents.

bombbudpuffa said:
I used to use RO water without it and didn't like it. I went back to tap water. I tried the ro again with the MagiCal and i'm strictly using it now. I've been having some of my best grows with it:).
How does the MagiCal effect the PH? Calcium has to be alkaline.:)

smoky anda bandit said:
I have been using RO water for about 6 months and the girls are healthy as ever.I use gh flora nutes with fox farm adds(open ses,beastie,cha ching) and they get the ph just right, But recently since it takes sooooo long to get a gallon of water and there is so much waste I have been letting some tap sit out with an air stone bubbling for about 3 days give or take, and mixing 1/2 and 1/2 and everything is still real good. Thats my 2 cents.
A lot of fish-keepers do just that! Drives the chlorine gas off too.
That's probably the best way to go Smoky :D
Though I'd think that a hard water area would need less than a 50% mix for the sake of keeping the PH on the acid side. Especially if you're growing hydro.
I haven't used my Canna nutes yet. But they claim they'll stabilise at the correct PH. We'll see.
In the meantime I'm off to hunt down some MagiCal, but I'll bet its a bu**er to find in the UK lol :D

zipflip said:
i did cursh it up first an mix it in small bottle of pretty warm water to dissolve it good first. an yes i noticed the same thing that it was hard to dissolve as well but i just kept shakin my bottle til my arm went numb lol. then i mixed it withtthe rest the water an shiook the hek out it again
Get dissolvable ones. It'll cure that! :rofl:

I couldn’t find MagiCal or Cal-Mag in the UK. It’s probably called something else over here. But I went at it from a different angle (fishy) and found this, which I hope may be of use to someone.

Kent RO Right
Specially formulated mixture of dissolvable solids (also called general hardness or GH) which includes major salts of sodium, magnesium, calcium, and potassium together with all necessary minor and trace minerals, together with a small amount of carbonate alkalinity (KH) to reproduce artificial river water.
Provides natural water chemistry for the conversion of reverse osmosis, distilled or deionized water for fresh water fish and plants.
Provides a balanced electrolyte system. Useful for all fresh water fish, including Discus.
This is the premium dry formula used the world over to raise discus and other freshwater species. Contains no phosphates, nitrates, silicates or organic chemicals to pollute the system! R/O RIGHT is unmatched for quality and value!

im understandin all this you all are sayin, but isnt distilled water even more less of the goods in normal water than RO water is. the reason y i ask id cuz i been usin distilled this whole time wit no probs. usin it strait or mixin wit nutes. plants dont seem to be lackin anythin cuz of the water. or at least from wat i can tell.
and wit that bein said an if distilled is more empty than RO water an i been usin it just fine so far then im assumin that RO would be fine usin the same as i have been usin distilled, right? i mean without havin to worry bout addin anythin to the water liek teh magical with teh RO..?

its just that te people at store where i got the RO from said that ro is one step up from distilled meanin that distilled was more refined an more emptied of its beneficial stuff than RO water was...? is this true or does the dude know wat he's talkin bout even. lol

PS im growin in soil.... not hydro

Distilled water. Distillation is a process by which water is boiled until vapor is produced. This vapor is collected and cooled until it returns to a liquid state. Because minerals are too heavy to be carried by the vapor, the resulting water is completely free of additives. A desalination plant is a perfect example of distillation- salt water is boiled, the vapor is cooled and collected, and the salt and minerals are left behind. However, distilled water is also very unpalatable in its natural state. Desalination plants must also add some minerals in order to make the water usable for general consumers.

Distilled water is perfect for applications where minerals and contaminants would cause problems. Distilled water can be used in irons for steam settings or as coolant for car engines. Because there are no minerals that can stain or build up, distilled water is mostly recommended for use in machinery and cleaning products. It is not particular good to drink distilled water, because it has a tendency to pull minerals out of the bloodstream and other areas. Distilled water is perhaps the cleanest version of bottled water available, but it is not good for human consumption.

Purified water. Purified water denotes a process by which contaminants and/or minerals have been removed from any water source. It could be tap water which has been forced through a charcoal filter or water treated with ultraviolet light at the grocery store. The designation 'purified' can be applied rather broadly, so a consumer should not be swayed by its use on a label alone. Distilled water is by definition purified, but it is not a good water for drinking. Spring and well waters may have been filtered or deionized or ozonated, which would make them pure by a looser definition.

To answer your questions. I'm not sure if distilled water has the same effects as RO because i've only used RO. You could probably get by with just RO, no supplements, if you've been doing it so far:). Keep us posted on your results.

almost sounds to me like distilled and RO water are one in the same in this whole magical ordeal. as far as bein stripped of everythin an drawing stuff outta body or plants when drank or watered. just as was stated of RO.
yeah i think im gonna try goin strait distilled water.
i been also adin a pinch of epsome salt to water when i give strait water(w/o nutes) as well maybe it helps retain the magnesium that way ... idk. but either way they both sound to have similar properties or watever ya call it anyway.

well definately on the postin results. my journal i just started . my second batch in veg cab right now. i been usin strait RO water on now so far.
link in my sig. (micro #2)

TY BBP... I'm hoping it will attract more female growers to our forum!!!.. add a lil beefcake to the forum.. ya' know ;)

:rofl:

zipflip said:
almost sounds to me like distilled and RO water are one in the same in this whole magical ordeal. as far as bein stripped of everythin an drawing stuff outta body or plants when drank or watered. just as was stated of RO.
I think the problem with RO seems to be the electrolytes need to be replaced.
But I’m not sure if it’s a ‘solvent’ as such, is it? I’ve been making my tea and coffee with it for years and my kidneys haven't shrivelled.
My wife loves it. No scale in the kettle and no hard water scum floating around :aok:

same here callawave.
i use it for coffee especialy. an i down like 2 pots a day an never had any health probs from it. but who knows tho.
i also been tryin to google around here n there on this subject matter and still cant really find anythin that pertains to wat we been discussin as far as the cal n mag bein sucked from the plant/grow media etc from usin ro water. but i wil continue to serch as this really has me wondering yet.
either way i took a chance and watered my current flowering ladies with strait RO water jsut tonite. so i guess we'll see if it s enough to do anythin really. im also lil over half way thru flowering as well so bad efeects if any prolly wont show in time, but who kows.

Latest posts

Back