Filter-Light-Fan questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCRomero253

Reaction score
I have a 32x32x63 room and I was wondering if it'll work efficiently on cooling by using a 4inch filter to a 6inch cool tube to a 190cfm 4inch inline fan. That's why I put filter light fan. I don't really want to get a separate can fan to just cool the light my tent also has a clip on oscillating fan to blow over the plants

View attachment image.jpg

Maybe, maybe not. It will most likely depend on what temps the incoming air is. The fan should move enough air, but whether the incoming air is cool enough is an individual thing. Where are you planning on exhausting the hot air? You will not want to exhaust in the same space you are pulling your air from unless the room is air conditioned to keep temps down.

Keep in mind also that a 6" opening is twice as big as a 4" opening. You are going to have to have flanges somewhere to get to the same size. Do you have enough space in the tent to add ducting?

My room is air conditioned but I was planning on exhausting the air into another room. And yes I do have enough room. The picture is skinnier than in real life. Could it help if I add another oscillating fan to aim at the cool tube

Start with the filter and bring it to the light and then up out the hole to the right of the light where my inline fan will be then exhaust air into another room. I'm going to put 6in to 4in reducers so I'm only using 4inch ducting

And when I said my room has ac I meant the room my tent is in

Latest posts

Back