Fimming Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldstoner

Reaction score
Good Morning, and Happy Holidays to All:
Trying to learn about the proper way to Fim. I've read plenty online, which makes sense to me -a know nothing- but when I read the comments left by experienced growers, more often than not, the consensus is the author is off base.....Has me confused.
Could someone please clarify the process ? Some pictures would be great. Thanks

FIM or Fu** I Missed isn't quite an exact science, as the name implies. The aim is to split a node, so instead of cutting above a node like you would for topping you want to cut right through it, hoping it splits the fibrous tissue into several new branches.

Topping can get the same results slower but easier.

i think topping as ksl says is easier and then do some low stress training which is kind of tying the plant down. i have seen where people have ties their plants into a spiral around the pot. tried that my first grow and it worked well. i had a lot of bud sites. not sure why i changed from low stress training. it was working well...

When a plant is young, the side branches are at the same height. Typically, it is at the 4th node where you trim. As the plant matures, the side branches become offset from each other and trimming them at this point doesn't accomplish much.

Latest posts

Back