Finally giving it a try

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshdnoonan

Reaction score
HELLO,
name is Josh and I'm finally going to give growing a try. Been wanting to for a long time. Got a place out in BFE so I feel good about it. I ordered some white widow autoflowers and soaking them now. I have a lot of questions as my brain is unable to completely process all the info on the web.

So I have the seeds soaking in tap water, hopefully that right. The lights were given to me by a friend and I'm not really sure about them. Also I went with 2 bags potting soil mixed with 1 bag organic seed starter and a bag of perlite for the median. The soil still feels a little bit clumpy. Also I see this little cart up with the lights and made some planters with a old storage box. Yes I drilled holes in the bottom. If the seeds sprout I'll transfer them into the planters.

So have at it. Let me know what I need to do different because I really am a rookie at all this.
Thanks
20200128_183601.jpg
20200128_183601.jpg
IMG_0157.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 12
Josh Welcome to MP !-- I would put those seed in a damp paper towel inside an unzipped baggie up high in a cabinet or any warm place !- I don't grow autos just photo period plants - From what I hear about autos they put them into the container U gonna finish them in and don't transplant but the once !-- Good luck on the grow !

I had a White Widow photo once !-- I'm a cloner - I rooted cuttings and ran that girl over and over for 4 and a half years !

Let the seeds soak in the water for a few hours (until tapping them with your finger causes them to sink) and then either into a wet towel or into your growing medium. I use the wet towel method until I see a tap root but then I am a glutton for punishment, you don't really need to. for your first time I would go into a 2 or 3 gallon container

One other thing, those lights will probably allow you to get to the finish but there is a reason they were free. Welcome to MP.

Welcome Josh, how tall is that thing...looks kinda short but hard to tell...if it’s too short, most pot plants will be taller than that thing...

Latest posts

Back