Finally Indoors!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fellowsped

Reaction score
So Its been a long time coming but i'm finally getting setup to grow inside. It's an apartment grow so i need to be stealthy. I'm going to get a grow-tent a 1meter by 1m. by 2m. Decided on a digital 400 hps with an air cooled hood. Now what i'm not quite sure on is ventalation. I really need this thing to stay cool as i do not want to have this thing sitting open cause it's too hot. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should be looking for such as cfm and how many? Also the outlet needs to be carbon scrubbed. Was thinking of one of those can fans but not sure exactly on if you can hook those up to a hose for the outlet? Any suggestions on fans or anything else would be much appreciated. Going to be getting it in about a week so i would like to have a really good idea so i can get it right the first time and not waste my money. Thanks from a newb in need.

Hello and Glad to hear you are going to grow inside..its getting to cold outside..lol..Not sure in meters..but find the cubic square feet the tent is...Buy a Votex that will double in size...and buy a temp controller for it...but with the aircooled HPS it will help keep them low...I do recommend running a "TEST" for a week befor intrucing plants into the tent...and the scrubber is on the outside of tent conected to the vortex...run a 4 inch flex hose to ouside of Apartment and into the Bottom of tent..the vortex will pull fresh air in to tent...Hope this helps and I will look forward to seeing a Grow journal in the near future..Until then Take Care and Be Safe

Ok did a little looking at the vortex fans and I think i might get a 8in. 747cfm fan connect it to a Y pipe and use it as both the inlet for the tent and for the air cooled hood for my light. On the outlet for the tent i was thinking of putting a 4in. vortex with a carbon filter. As far as the outlet for the light do you think i'll need a puller fan on it or do you think the one 8in. fan used as both the inlet for the tent and the light will be sufficiant for the light?

I know i may not need it but i really don't want to have to deal with heat issues and it is also going to be used as the inlet for the tent. But i'll probably look into the 6in. fan maybe save some $$$

whats the cubic feet my friend...and I dont understand the "Y" for vent/intake.....I was thinking you was going to say vent/light exhaust....your intake is seperate from exhaust...intake is fresh air entering tent at bottom...and That is a large votex...I use a 435cfm and my veg room is 4x8x8...you dont want to suck those plants threw the votex..lol...Ill get back 2U..Im going to smoke a bong now

Alright i see what you're saying now. I was talking about using a single fan to serve as the fan for cooling the light and also for the inlet at the bottom of the tent. I figured if i used one big fan and then i put a Y pipe (i don't know how to explain it any other way other than that it just splits the outlet pipe in two) i could use one fan for both task the saving me money on those expensive vortex fans.

okay good...you dont want to take the air from the light and put it in the bottom...it will be hot air..and not fresh air....we want fresh air coming at bottom and best if it can come from outside of house/apartment...thats where we get our co2...hope you figure it out...KEEP M GREEN

Latest posts

Back