Finally, new grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good kebnekajse..glad to seee ya got another grow up and going..if ya have a conversion Ballast..I would run the MH b4 i would cfl for veg..more bang!!! for your buck..and of corse HPS in flower...MOJO for the grow:D

take care and be safe:ciao:

4u2sm0ke said:
Looking good kebnekajse..glad to seee ya got another grow up and going..if ya have a conversion Ballast..I would run the MH b4 i would cfl for veg..more bang!!! for your buck..and of corse HPS in flower...MOJO for the grow:D

take care and be safe:ciao:

Nice to see a familiar and friendly face. Welcome! I'm very happy aswell that i'm growing again. Lately i've been helping some friends getting their grows up and running. They saw what i was doing and wanted to do it for themselves. I feel like a real pro, having answers to all of their questions and i have been able to fix a few problems for them aswell. Nothing big though, just some overwatering and defs. Also been raising some seedlings for them, which resulted in me being out of seeds! Going to track down a good strain for single cola plants. Doing a 9 plant sog next i think. Mostly because it's fun and they look nice! Perhaps i will continue with my femed ppp from nirvana, it has been a good strain i would say, but on the other hand it's funto test new varieties. Chronic might be what i'm looking for, atleast when i read descroptions of it. Any tips are welcome!

The ballast is a GIB magnetic one. It says on it that it's for mh and hps, but i will not have time to get a m before i go into flower...

And how much diference would it make? I don't have a problem with stretch and grow femed seeds or clones from confirmed females. But then again, the bulb is not that expensive, woth bying and testing, right! will do a pretty big order when payday arrives, some odour controll devices, backup hps-bulb, nutes, mh-bulb, stuff to calibrate my pH-meter. And that's it i think.

ok my friend just subscribed..I wanna fallow along...oh..and IMO the diffrance between MH and cfl..you would have a tighter bush going into flower..try it next grow and see for self. well gotta grow now..take care and be safe:bong:

It's been 4 weks since they came out of the ground. On with the pics:

1 - SC, good lst on her. Cut of some small, lower brances. She will have lots and lots of tops.

2 - ppp. Cut some small branches on her aswell. Topped her here and there too. Think she will have about 8 or 9 tops at the same height without any tying down. Will cut the rest i think, 250w is too small to reach the lower budsites.

3 - BM. Cut two low branches from her, otherwise untrained, but i think it's gonna be allright. She is going to be very bushy anyway, atleast that's what i think.

Think it will be 7 days at the most untill i switch to 12/12, enough time to fill my closet and let the plants recover from the pruning.

sc.JPG

ppp.JPG

bm.JPG

Think i might have a problem in the future if i don't do something about it, or it could be me being paranoid.

My buckets are standing in another bucket that has been cut off. There is a upside down plate in there so the bucket is a bit elevated. This is to get rid of runoff, i empty every day. Thing is, there are LOTS of roots comming out ofthe bucket now. Is this a poteniall disaster or is it cool as long as there is fresh water in the reservoir so to speak? Should be a variety of the assproducer cocobucket, right?

There is virtualy no light in between the buckets, they fit together in a good way, so i'm not concerned about algea, but is there anything else that could go wrong?

I couldn't help it, i just had to tie my BM down last night. She has 8 tops at the same height, like 6-7 cm lower then the two others. I really think this is good yieldwise, but it also means that i still have not grown a plant the natural way. But then again, hoe natural could it be in a closet?

Take care/
k

Last night was long, 12 hours to be exact. I feel good, 10 weeks at the most until harvest!

Last pic shows what i think is some pH-issues. Oppinions are appreciated, my remedy is a good flush. It's not very bad though, these are the only signs i've seen, but i would not want it to get worse. The rest of the pics speak for themselves.

Take care/
k

all.JPG

all (2).JPG

under.JPG

pH.JPG

Wow really nice grow you have there... Do you see any substantial difference between soil and coco? Do you have an automatic watering system, or how often do you water the babies? I only give my plants fertilizer once every week, and that is the only time they get a big amount of water. Rest of the time, I only spray them once a day to increase the humidity.

They do grow a bit faster in coco, but it's not worlds apart. I handwater, usually once a day, never less. I guess the difference would be bigger if i had some sort of automatic watering system, coco is a hydro medium. The main reason i like coco is that nothing ever goes wrong with it. Never had any def's or pH problems when growing in it, except that they are a bit pale the first couple of weeks due to low ammounts of N. This can be fixed by rinsing the coco even more and let it soak in a nute solution for a while before putting seed/ clone in it. Or so i've heard. But i really like messing with soil, that is why i have my sc in good old dirt.

Oh, and welcome to my closet!

kebnekajse said:
They do grow a bit faster in coco, but it's not worlds apart. I handwater, usually once a day, never less. I guess the difference would be bigger if i had some sort of automatic watering system, coco is a hydro medium. The main reason i like coco is that nothing ever goes wrong with it. Never had any def's or pH problems when growing in it, except that they are a bit pale the first couple of weeks due to low ammounts of N. This can be fixed by rinsing the coco even more and let it soak in a nute solution for a while before putting seed/ clone in it. Or so i've heard. But i really like messing with soil, that is why i have my sc in good old dirt.

Oh, and welcome to my closet!

I like your grow journal, and am especially interested in the Strawberry Cough. I have heard some good things about it, but most people have WW - I am curious to know the difference in grow and high.

I heard that peat moss has disadvantage in that it is either too high or too low in PH or something. I am curious to try, but don't want to worry about PH maintainance. Like you say, good old dirt is good old dirt - and with worm-castings added it really it is pretty much fire-and-forget with daily water. I do the same as you. But I only have tried WW. I think Jack Herer would also be good to grow and get high. I wonder how that strain is like...

Strawberry Cough said:
I like your grow journal, and am especially interested in the Strawberry Cough. I have heard some good things about it, but most people have WW - I am curious to know the difference in grow and high.

I heard that peat moss has disadvantage in that it is either too high or too low in PH or something. I am curious to try, but don't want to worry about PH maintainance. Like you say, good old dirt is good old dirt - and with worm-castings added it really it is pretty much fire-and-forget with daily water. I do the same as you. But I only have tried WW. I think Jack Herer would also be good to grow and get high. I wonder how that strain is like...

I had a SC last grow, but had to cut it after 6 weeks. It hermied on me. Still, very strong indeed, but not a very pleasant high. A bit of paranoia in there, but i hear this is the case when you cut early. I'm fairly sure that it was due to her genes. This is a different seed though, so hopefully it will go all the way this time. It's from dutch passion. It might be a femed version, and dp has a bad rep when it comes to femed seeds, at least around were i live. Strange, cause their regular seeds are considered top notch. The best looking plant i have grown. Really beautiful! Very sativa dominant i would say. Last time the buds were very airy, but i think she would have yielded very good if finished. Check out my first closet grom for pics of her.

Don't know how it is in comparison to WW, never grown it and have not smoked it in many years. But i remember it being really strong, possibly the strongest i have smoked. A home alone smoke in my oppinion and i guess the SC will be too.

At the moment i have a problem i never had before, my pH is too high! Bought a different king of soil this time. It's about 7,3, but i lower it with each watering and it's not killing my plant so i think it will be allright.

Peat moss has a low pH, that is why people use dolomite lime in it.

Glad you like my grow, you are very welcome back with questions, tips or just to say hi!

Take care/
k

Edit: Since i am a weed smoker, with the paranoina that comes with it ;) , i checked you up. My SC happened to have just what you seem to have, namely four leafes at each node. But only on one branch. As i said, there are pics in my first closet grow journal.

I watered my SC today, with some veg nutes. Last time for that, flower nutes from now on. When i was lifted the pot to dispose the runoff, i found a WORM! I totally freaked out! But then i came to my sences and remembered someone, somewhere saying worms is a good thing. Pleeeeaaaase, let it be a good thing...

And yes, it was very much alive, didn't get what it was at first. When i tried to pick it up it started moving. A lot.

DSC00627.JPG

If it is a "earthworm", then it is good - we get worm castings from such worms.

RE: SC - I read on the DP web site that it is especially pleasant/social and not paranoia high.

Strawberry Cough said:
If it is a "earthworm", then it is good - we get worm castings from such worms.

RE: SC - I read on the DP web site that it is especially pleasant/social and not paranoia high.

Yupp, it's an eartworm.

Yeah, the paranoia came from being cut early i think.

I just might get another SC from a friend tonight. His cab broke down comletely, so it's in a mess. Timer busted, so it got 24/0 light after 5 weeks in flower. Fans broke down, so it was about 40c in there. She does not look good at all, hopefully i will change that. We'll see...

Well, i got some pics. Very bad though, sorry.

First one is of a leaf on my SC. Not so good. I have coe to the conclusion that it's ZN-def due to high pH. But, i have lowered it over a couple of waterings and it stoped spreading. Runoff is now 6,6. That's perfect! So even if i missdiagbosed, problem is gone. For now anyway. And high pH is always bad. Oh, if you have eagle-eye vision and think it looks droopy, you are right. Lack of water.Must water every second day now, not every third as i used to.

Next pic is of the whole plant.

Pic three is of the blue mystic. It was growing much slower then the other two during early veg, but it's been catching up and is now almost as big as the ppp.

And the ppp is in pic four.

Pic five is of the whole grow. I'm glad that i settled for three plants instead of four. They will fit perfectly in there when strech stops.

I have upped the nutes in the coco, giving them 30ml of a and b in 10l of water. And they really love it. Really, really love it!

Did i mention that they all are girls? Even though they are femed seeds and a clone from a known female, it's a relief to see some hairs. The sc was the first one showing sex, as last time. But she was from clone, so that's no surprice. Guess budding will start in 5 days or so, can't wait. I have given my closet a thorough search for lightleaks, found some and fixed them. Was going to order some anti-smell devices today, but they were out of them! Well well, later i guess. It will not start to smell for a while anyway, so there is no rush.

That's all i can think of atm, take care/
k

Zn-def.JPG

SC.JPG

BM.JPG

PPP.JPG

grow.JPG

Yesterdays pics were bad, here are new ones.

1-all ot them

2-bm

3-ppp

4-sc

all.JPG

bm.JPG

ppp.JPG

sc.JPG

I'm glad i did not scrog, there are about 7-10cm difference between the ppp (tallest) ang the sc (shortest). So i have some books uder the bm and sc, creating an even canopy. Individually the plantes are pretty even, but if things are the same as last time, the difference in height between branches will increase as strtch continues. But so far it's better than before and stretch will be over in a week or so.

Oh yeah, the sc is officially in flower! Gave her boomnutes for the first time today. The ppp ave lots of lone preflowers, but i would not say she's in flower yet. The bm is even more behind, but getting there aswell.

Take care/
k

DSC00659.JPG

Wow looks so dense and green.. Good job. What kind of fertilizer are you using, and how much do you provide them?

Edit: Ok you already posted it.. Your grow looks very good indeed.. I don't have anything to put my finger on. How will you cure the plants when they finish? Will you try to make hash or will you smoke the buds?

Bach's pretty damn good...

RiskyPack said:
Wow looks so dense and green.. Good job. What kind of fertilizer are you using, and how much do you provide them?

Edit: Ok you already posted it.. Your grow looks very good indeed.. I don't have anything to put my finger on. How will you cure the plants when they finish? Will you try to make hash or will you smoke the buds?

Thanks!

Curing, i don't know really. Let them hang for a few days, then put them in jars which are aired from time to time seems to be the proper way to do it. But now that you mention it, i remember hearing good things about watercuring... Will try it with a small amount. Maybe.

Ordered some new nutes last friday. On monday the guy from the store calls me and tells me they are out of canna coco a+b. Will i settle for Hesi? Sure, might try it i say. But the guy says Hesi is a bit cheaper, would i like something in between. Some pk 13-14 i said. Sure, he replied (the dif in price is about 3 dollars). And it arrived wednesday. Excellent service, i would say.

Any oppinions on hesi nutes? And how should i use my pk 13/14? I might follow the instruction on the bottle, but lower the doses.

Got some pics!

all.JPG

bm.JPG

ppp.JPG

sc.JPG

Do I understand this right... Is PK 13-14 only a booster, that you mix in together with fertilizer? Is it to boost the roots? I only use nutrients from GHE, and I have something I mix into the water in the beginning called Diamond Nectar, to maximize the roots ability to absorb NPK. Towards the end I have something called Ripen, that will speed up the ripen process when the plants go of the nutrients. The NPK nutrients is a 3 component system, that I have to change every week to get the right EC level. I follow a schedule provided on their webpage. So all in all I have 5 different solutions to mix into the water.

Latest posts

Back