Finally, new grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RiskyPack said:
Do I understand this right... Is PK 13-14 only a booster, that you mix in together with fertilizer? Is it to boost the roots? I only use nutrients from GHE, and I have something I mix into the water in the beginning called Diamond Nectar, to maximize the roots ability to absorb NPK. Towards the end I have something called Ripen, that will speed up the ripen process when the plants go of the nutrients. The NPK nutrients is a 3 component system, that I have to change every week to get the right EC level. I follow a schedule provided on their webpage. So all in all I have 5 different solutions to mix into the water.

The pk 13/14 is only extra p and k. Cannabis use a lot of it when in bloom, so providing extra can be good. It's very common to use it, that's why i got it. Will start adding it in two weeks and continue untill flush.

Man, five dif liquids, i would mix em up and kill my plant, lol. Trying to keep it simple...

Good shot of canopy.

I think i will buy another 5-pack of femed ppp and do a PERFECT grow. I think i have learned the plant well (but, it looks like i am about to succeed with a clone for the first time, so i might not have to buy seeds!). I will have 4 plants i my closet, but trim away a few branches so she is left with 8 tops. Then i can make the canopy flat without the space being overcrowded. It's a little tight in the back where there are two plats, and a bi of space left in front. Well well, small problems i guess, but i am a bit worried about mold. But the two are directly by my intake, so they get fresh air all the time. And soon the humidity will be a bit lower, august is really damp around here.

Take care/
k

DSC00692.JPG

Looks really really good. Almost like a small sea of green. I think you'll get a massive yield per square meter. And this is from only 250 watt? I'm looking forward to see how dense the buds are going to get.

RiskyPack said:
Looks really really good. Almost like a small sea of green. I think you'll get a massive yield per square meter. And this is from only 250 watt? I'm looking forward to see how dense the buds are going to get.

Thanks!

Yeah, it's from 250w of hps. But i have to take back what i said earlier about coco and soil not being worlds apart. They are. Thing is, i'm still a bit sloppy when it comes to preparing the coco. You gotta rince it well, and i did, but also you should let it soak in a nutesolution so it can balance itself. This i did not do, so the growth was slow the first 3-4 weeks. They were also a bit pale. But when things got right, growth just exploded!

From experience i can say that the top 10-15cm ofthe plant will be very dense, the lower buds will be airy, but still ok to smoke. I took away shoots that wont amount to anything.

As for yield, my goal is 120grams, which i tjink i will have. But anything over 84 grams is ok, then i atleast improved from my last grow.

Take care/
k

About the coco.. Is it like a hydroponic system, where the coco functions as a replacement for the clay nuts, or is it like a soil system where you fill up a bucket with coco instead of soil? I didn't know coco would make such a huge difference. I heard that when you grow hydroponics some certain terpens will not develop and the flavor will also be different. Do you know if it is the same case for coco?

RiskyPack said:
About the coco.. Is it like a hydroponic system, where the coco functions as a replacement for the clay nuts, or is it like a soil system where you fill up a bucket with coco instead of soil? I didn't know coco would make such a huge difference. I heard that when you grow hydroponics some certain terpens will not develop and the flavor will also be different. Do you know if it is the same case for coco?

I use it instead of soil. Thing is, you got to water at least one time a day, with 15-20% runoff. And use nutes every time you water. Then again, you can't really overwater. And i tried! But it can be used instead of the clayballs in a hydrosystem from what i've heard. But i'm very scared of waterdamages, so i handwater, otherwise i would have some sort of drippersystem i think.

I don't know how it effects taste, have not grown enough yet to have a good oppinion. But, since it is more of a hydrogrow than soil, my guess is that taste is a bit less good then in a soilgrow. But it might make a difference if you grow organicaly, which i don't. Anyway, i highly recomend coco if you can manage the watering. I never had any trouble at all. Growing in soil, something is always a bit off, atleast for me. Defs, pH, over/underwatering...

Edit: Åh, du är ju en granne såg jag nu! Alltid trevligt med en skandinav.

Hehe en skandinavisk broder, hvor fantastisk.

Well I have tried now to look more into the PK 13-14, and I really still don't get it. Some sources suggested that it is only used one time in one watering. How are you planning to dose it? I'm looking forward to hearing about the results. I might order some myself and try it out.

How many weeks are you planning to flower? According to my seed supplier my plants should be ready after 8 weeks of flowering, but they recommend 9. I have something to speed up the ripening process in the end, but I'm not sure if it is a better idea to just let it go for a few more weeks, instead of using an unnatural way. What is your opinion?

RiskyPack said:
Hehe en skandinavisk broder, hvor fantastisk.

Well I have tried now to look more into the PK 13-14, and I really still don't get it. Some sources suggested that it is only used one time in one watering. How are you planning to dose it? I'm looking forward to hearing about the results. I might order some myself and try it out.

How many weeks are you planning to flower? According to my seed supplier my plants should be ready after 8 weeks of flowering, but they recommend 9. I have something to speed up the ripening process in the end, but I'm not sure if it is a better idea to just let it go for a few more weeks, instead of using an unnatural way. What is your opinion?

I'm not sure of the pk13/14 myself. The bottle say that i should use it from week 4 until flush, but i've also heard to use it in week 5 only. But since i'm growing in coco, i think i should use it more then one watering. But i will check carefully for burns as i go.

Last time i grew ppp it was finished after ten weeks of 12/12, si i guess it will be like that this time aswell. The sc hermied after 42 days, but was quite welldeveloped at that time, so maybe 9 weeks is a fair guestimation. Never grown bm, but i've checked grow journals here and elsewhere, and i think 9 weeks is what most people considered enough. But she was late in flower, only started yesterday at day 15 of 12/12.

Why quicken up the ripening? That should give the plant less time to make big buds, or is that process also speeded up? But i see the benefits if you grow haze or thai...

Take care/
k

I've spent last couple of evenings watching green house seeds youtube chanel. They sure know how to market themselfes. Good growing videos, informative and fun to watch. You should check them out if you haven't allready.

Took some pics today. Can't help but think it's a lot of fun. First two are of my ppp, last two of the sc. No bm today, but it looks an awfull lot like the ppp, a few less branches and the leafes are a bit more indica dominant. -Did i mention that she's taller then the ppp now? And i thought it was going to be a runt... I was wrong.

Very, very happy with how everything is looking. Healthy and perky. Uped my nutes the last couple of days, They all are on max recomended strength. Pretty sure they can take it.

When i look in my chrystal ball, i see ploblems with the sc though. Runoff was 5,5 todsy. And yes, i just calibrated my pH-meter. I don't know why it's swinging the way it does. Sure, when i have nutes in my water it's a bit low, 6,2-6,3, but that's just every third watering. I adjust it to 6,8 when i give her plain water. Strange and irritating. Will flush tomorrow if i see bad signs, hopefully she won't care...

Be well and stay safe/
k

Edit: the vaportec anti-smell thing was out at the onlinestrore where i bought my nutes and got ecellent service. So i got it from another online store. But, i paid to much due to some misunderstandings ( i did not read very carefully). I wasn't aware of this until today when i got the package. The guy had witten me a letter, telling me about this and he gave me some free atami bloombastic and som "springwater" for spraying the plants (supposed to be free of calcium, destilled or something). I paid abot 6 dollars to much and got stuff for 15. Man, now i have bought from 3 stores, and they have all been very, very good. I wanna support them all, but can't really since they have the same things, more or less.

Well well, any oppinions about the bloombastic? Looks like it's basically the same as the pk13/14, but with some other minerals aswell.

ppp.JPG

pppabove.JPG

scabove.JPG

scbuds.JPG

OMG what happened? When did they explode like that? I will definitely use coco for my next growth and see if I can achieve the same awesome results you are getting. Next time I'll also be using CFL for seedling stage only I think, seeing how well my Nemesis received the lights being 2 weeks younger than the other. Do you still have enough space in your closet? Those babes look huge.

I don't see the big problem with the PH. I've seen lots of growers keeping the PH under 6. I think the plants will be more sensitive to a high PH level than a low from what I have seen on different setups.

About the Green House Seeds, I'm also kind of addicted to their videos. Really serious growers, and their analysis of the different strains is amazing with all the info one could want.

I'm just sitting here and drooling over your last photo posted. Those buds looks like gold in my eyes. I think you'll have some really fat buds.

Edit: Is that some blue hues in the SC photo, or is it an optical illusion. I think I'll try something blue or purple next time, they always look so cool.

I really recomend coco, easy and good results. Just rince well and let it soak for a few days in a nutesolution. I really don't do anything advanced, hust plain nutes and then they do their thing.

It's a bit crowded in my closet, but not too much. They will be allright and stretch is just about over.

The pH just dropped again, so perhaps it will be a bit ill tomorrow. Are you sure the grows with pH uder 6 wasn't hydrogrows? Cause i've had serious problems with low pH in the past. But i guess it could be strainrelated since they all behave in different ways.

Thanks for the kind words, you would have gottrn som rep if they hadn't removed that function atm...

Take care/
k

edit: No, the blue in the pic is because of the flash. But according to the dutch passion homepage it's a purple strain.

"A very productive plant of high value as a medicinal herb. Bred for its euphoric, anti-anxiety high, this mostly sativa (approx. 75% Sativa 25% Indica) produces a comfortable and enjoyable, yet powerful, experience. The plants have long branches, making this beauty a great plant for "sea of green" gardens. It's a very consistent Purple variety. The quality is in the experience, not so much in the yield, which is average."

Another edit: took some pics of my closet with all of the plants in there to give you a picture of how crowded it is. This is what your coset will look like in a week or two.

BTW, the server is fast now that the plugin functions are removerd. Much, much faster!

DSC00714.JPG

DSC00717.JPG

I like the way you have managed to get a nice even grow, where all the tops are about the same height. I'm trying to decide how many colas I will let my plants have. I think I'll try to have just 2 on of the BB, and 3 on the other. The last I'll just try to let it grow and see what happens. The Nemesis will just have one massive single cola I think (hope) Thanks for the new pictures. I really have learned a lot of your journal.

I also think it was a smart move to take away some of the functions to make the page run faster.

RiskyPack said:
I like the way you have managed to get a nice even grow, where all the tops are about the same height. I'm trying to decide how many colas I will let my plants have. I think I'll try to have just 2 on of the BB, and 3 on the other. The last I'll just try to let it grow and see what happens. The Nemesis will just have one massive single cola I think (hope) Thanks for the new pictures. I really have learned a lot of your journal.

I also think it was a smart move to take away some of the functions to make the page run faster.

My cab is a bit bigger then yours, like 60x60cm and i think 4-6 tops/plant would have been perfect. So i guess 3-4 tops/plant would be good for you. They get bigger then you think, i'm stll a bit surpriced everytime the stretch start.

Things are good, but not perfect. My BM is stretching like crazy! It has outgrown the PPP. Perhaps i will pinch it and bend it over if it continues. Never done that, so i'm a bit nervous.

The SC is getting a bit more yelow in her lower regions then i would like. I knoe it is a normal thing in flower, but it's going fast now. But can't think of anything that is wrong, not underfed, pH is finaly ok, i don't under/overwater. Sooooo, i guess she is reallly fine and that i should stop worrying.

sc.JPG

scbud.JPG

pppbud.JPG

Ok, my BM is still strething like crazy, must have grown atleast 6 cm since yesterday, prabably more since it had grown past the reflector. So i tried to pinch the two tllest branches. A bit nervous, but it's supposed to be safe.

And FINALLY i managed to root something else than basil! A ppp clone had roots that was about 4 cm long, so i put it in soil. Will have a small humiditydome for one more day. I have 32w of cfl in the beginning, when i repot to a one liter pot i will change to a 70w hps. I know hps are not the best for vegging, but i can't fit that many cfl's in my speaker growbox (21w is the most powerfull cfl i can get a hold on, and it would take 6 of them to match my hps). Besides, i have not had any trouble with vegging under hps. Hopefully it was not a coincidence that got the clone to root. I think it's time to start growing smart a.k.a. perpetuall. Perfect for my own use!

tops.JPG

pppclone.JPG

kebnekajse said:
Gonna use this thread to post pics of my grow and just go bla bla bla... It will not be a well updated, thought out growjournal, but if a mod think it fits better in that forum, please move it.

pic one - pure power plant, nirvana femmed, coco
pic two - blue mystic, nirvana femmed, coco
pic three - strawberry cough, cloned female, soil

Looking ok I guess. The ppp's and bm's leafes are slightly folded at the edges. Think I might have my lamp a bit too close, it's about 25 cm from the tops. Might be too much for these small ones, A bit over two weeks since they popped i think.

The bm is smaller than the ppp. Are indicas slower than more sativa dominant strains? Never grown an indica before. I currently feed these two with canna coco at half recommended strength. This might be a bit high as well, but no burns yet, so i'll continue.

The sc was in a pretty lousy state when I got it, but she's getting better. Allready been topped! A bit pale after twoo weeks in new soil, 3,5l pot, so i gave her some nutes today. Might have been a mistake, will have to check closely, but so farso good.

I have set up some goals this time. Aiming for 40g/plant, which will result in 36g more weed than last time, a respectable improvement. I will be more carefull with flushing to get a better taste from my ppp. It was not the best last time around.

Well, you can talk here aswell, see you around/
k

Beautiful babies! I cant wait to get my seeds. Love the lush leaves and color. Good luck! I dont know about smell stuff because I dont use it.

kebnekajse said:
I've spent last couple of evenings watching green house seeds youtube chanel. They sure know how to market themselfes. Good growing videos, informative and fun to watch. You should check them out if you haven't allready.

Took some pics today. Can't help but think it's a lot of fun. First two are of my ppp, last two of the sc. No bm today, but it looks an awfull lot like the ppp, a few less branches and the leafes are a bit more indica dominant. -Did i mention that she's taller then the ppp now? And i thought it was going to be a runt... I was wrong.

Very, very happy with how everything is looking. Healthy and perky. Uped my nutes the last couple of days, They all are on max recomended strength. Pretty sure they can take it.

When i look in my chrystal ball, i see ploblems with the sc though. Runoff was 5,5 todsy. And yes, i just calibrated my pH-meter. I don't know why it's swinging the way it does. Sure, when i have nutes in my water it's a bit low, 6,2-6,3, but that's just every third watering. I adjust it to 6,8 when i give her plain water. Strange and irritating. Will flush tomorrow if i see bad signs, hopefully she won't care...

Be well and stay safe/
k

Edit: the vaportec anti-smell thing was out at the onlinestrore where i bought my nutes and got ecellent service. So i got it from another online store. But, i paid to much due to some misunderstandings ( i did not read very carefully). I wasn't aware of this until today when i got the package. The guy had witten me a letter, telling me about this and he gave me some free atami bloombastic and som "springwater" for spraying the plants (supposed to be free of calcium, destilled or something). I paid abot 6 dollars to much and got stuff for 15. Man, now i have bought from 3 stores, and they have all been very, very good. I wanna support them all, but can't really since they have the same things, more or less.

Well well, any oppinions about the bloombastic? Looks like it's basically the same as the pk13/14, but with some other minerals aswell.

I take pictures every week great way to monitor the growth and see and changes.

I have been thinking about making clones as well, but I have nowhere to put them. You should buy some cloning gel, it will greatly improve the number of cuttings surviving. Looking good.

RiskyPack said:
I have been thinking about making clones as well, but I have nowhere to put them. You should buy some cloning gel, it will greatly improve the number of cuttings surviving. Looking good.

Yeah, so they say. But the only clone i managed to root had none, i have tried a lot of them before. I'm seriously starting to think i'm cursed, since this clone is on the verge of dying after being put in soil...

Budpic of the SC:

sctop.JPG

I hope you invite me for a smoke when that crop finish.... Looks damn sweet. Here is a couple of pictures of the seeds I planted in my parents garden... How sweet does those babies look? About 2 m tall and full of buds. I'm going to try to make ice hash out of one of them.

Haven 1.JPG

Haven 2.JPG

Latest posts

Back