finally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

username812

Reaction score
i finally got 3 seeds to sprout! could putting a small amount of fish emulsions (5-1-1) have helped at all, i know your not suppose to add anything for 2 weeks but i wasnt having much luck so i decided to experiment and the next day the two i had put the fertilizer in had already broken the soil while the one that had sprouted a couple days before, with none, is growing slowly and looking very ill, could i have just gotten lucky or could the seed have been better?

Happy to hear you got em to break ground.
biggrinyoyoA.gif

Hey if the fish emulsions worked. use it.

well i was wondering if the fertilizer worked or if i just happen to get a couple good seeds

If your seeds are old then yeah its likely that you'll have a higher stillborn plants. but you siad it yourself the one with the emulsion are doing a lot better than the one without. so go with what works. IMHO.

A seed contains everything the seedling needs for the first 12--14 days of it's life.
Adding fish emulsion, or any nutrient, to seeds didn't help. Likely the seeds sprouted in spite of the fish emulsion rather than because of it.

Latest posts

Back