Firecracker with no bang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
I have not had the best luck with edibles. I guess I am a little cautious and, perhaps I make it too weak.

The firecracker seemed to be a fool-proof method. A zillion people have done it and it seems to work fine for about everyone. I read a dozen recipes online for firecrackers and they are all about the same.

.5 to 1.0 grams of weed per serving

ORGANIC peanut butter. Some of the stuff I read really really specified organic and a few went so far as to say it won't work at all with brands like Skippy and Jif. Perhaps it's the hydrogenated oil they use instead of the natural oil from the peanuts.

Almost all the recipes agreed on time and temp. 320F and 22 minutes. Some said very strongly, not a minute longer or less. 22 seems to be the magic number.

So, last night I took a couple crackers, spread some Jif (It's all I had last night) on both and put the .5 grams of fine pot in the center. Put the 2 crackers together and sealed the edges with more peanut butter.

Wrap in foil and bake at 320F for 22.

First, I ate half and 30 minutes later the other half.

Nothing ??????

So, I went out and got some organic PB today. Tonight, I used a gram of pot instead of a half a gram. And, baked as before at 320F for 22 minutes. I just ate half. Will eat the other half in 30 more minutes or so.

I don't know if I have an incredible tolerance to eating or what but this is my 3rd or 4th try at edibles and I have not been dizzy, paranoid, sick, shaking, sweating or any of the other good stuff that others get when they eat.

If this doesn't work, I am eating a pound cake..... I mean a REAL POUND cake. LOL

Hackerman , try 240 degrees f for 60 minutes. For low moisture weed.

That's the first variation in time/temp I have seen. Is that from your experience?

Thanks

No not from my experience.
I will post the article in the medical marijauna section in a few minutes.

That was more about decarbing than firecrackers but it makes me wonder if I should decarb the pot before I make the firecrackers.

This blows LMAO.

It's been over an hour and still nothing.

Why does it always take so much of everything for me to just get a little buzz? Why can I drink a fifth or liquor and still drop everyone else off at their house before driving myself home? Why did acid always come in "handfuls" for me, instead if "hits" like everyone else? Why does it take 5 sopers and 8 to 10 oxy's when everyone else takes 2?

I need to get a superhero costume that says, "SD" for Super Doper. LMAO

Getting kind of annoying.

I guess I'll just make another one, again, twice as strong. Some people were freaking out at 1 gram. I guess it figures that it will take me 5. LOL

I had this same experience with the glycerin I made. I vaped it a dozen times and never got a buzz but a buddy of mine did a few hits the other day and he said he was wasted. ?????

Yeah sounds like you just have a high tolerance.. tee hee...

anyways, I looked up what firecrackers are and they sound bomb. I might have to try this

Can ya give me the recipe ? Once you perfect it ? I too seem to have a high tolerance. When we vaiotioned in CO I was eating edibles constantly, with very little high. But what I noticed first was how relaxed my body was....it's definitely a different, more subtle buzz. If there is an easy way to make something DIY style, I would love to try it ! Thank you kindly...

Will do. I am going to give this another run and I'll post the results here.

First I am simply going to decarb the pot at 240F for 25 minutes.

Then, I am going to make some Firecrakers with that. First, I'll eat a gram with no more cooking. Then, I'll cook them for 15 minutes at a time and keep eating them until..... well, until something happens. LOL

Might do that tonight. I have gig tomorrow night. We're doing a benefit to raise money to buy musical instruments for disabled kids. Maybe, Saturday or Sunday.

I sure would love to get this buzz that everyone is talking about. ;)

Thanks . Are you a musician Hackerman ? Me too...

Why does it take 5 sopers and 8 to 10 oxy's when everyone else takes 2?

I need to get a superhero costume that says, "SD" for Super Doper. LMAO

you lost me on the "sopers" .....right over my head!

Pills are bad dude, stick to cannabis and start making etracts to get you to the other side when needed.
peace

I don't do pills at all any more. Haven't for a zillion years. I won't even take an aspirin. LOL Only pill I take is my "over 50" vitamin with my protein shake in the morning.

About the time I turned 50, I had a bunch of surgeries. Nothing major but stuff kept breaking.... knee surgery twice, hernia surgery 3 times, rotator... and so on. Because of all those surgeries, they had me on pain killers for a long time, mostly Percodan. I got to the point where I couldn't stand taking a pill. LOL Got to hate the buzz from pain killers. Could never **** right... LOL

Back in the day, I was a big pill eater. Loved acid and speed (like I need something to speed me up... not. LOL) Even then, I was taking 3 or 4 hits of acid when everyone else was splitting hits. LOL

Guess I was just the lucky one. LOL

Still looking for the BBB (Bigger, Better Buzz). I was hoping for eating. Glycerin would be great. I still like old fashion smoking a bud in a bong. Probably my favorite.

Canna Caps are on the list. LOL

I'll say one thing..... candy is dandy but liquor is quicker. LOL

hacker im the same way i make chocolates thst 20-30 grams of it will mess me up but i use 10 to 14 grams per 100 grams of chocolate sometimes i throw in hash for super potent chocolate Pm ill send u how i do it takes about a hr

I would love to see it. I just decarbed an ounce tonight. I made some Green Dragon with half and I need a good recipe for the other half.

And, I loooooove chocolate. :)

Thanks

Well, here we go again.... LOL

So, this week, I ate about 8 grams worth of firecrackers. I took 4 teaspoons of Ronrico 151 tincture made from a half ounce of pot. I took another 4 teaspoons of tincture that was made by a quarter ounce sitting for 6 months. I took 2 TABLESPOONS of glycerin tincture with my coffee. So, this week, I ate about an ounce of pot. LOL

I had a friend who ate one of the firecrackers and got so high he had to lay down for 1/2 hour. LMAO Sissy. LOL

Well, I am going to try this a couple more times. This week I made Canna Oil from coconut oil. I put almost a whole ounce of nicely chopped and decarbed buds into a little less than 1/2 cup of oil. I decarbed the pot in 2 batches. One at 240F for 30 minutes and another at 240F for 1 hour. I put the oil, pot and water into a crock pot and cooked it for 2 days at 200F. Washed it 3 or 4 times and I have a nice light green coconut oil for brownies, today.

I'll make a small pan (8x8) so I can eat the entire ounce if I have to. LOL I WILL find out what the edibles high is like, if I have to eat an entire pound. LOL

Wish me luck. ;)

Wow, sounds like quite a project man ! Sounds like your similar to me, I have been trying various edibles, with very light results. The buzz is hard to detect, but notice I start talking slower, and helped my back loosen up, but not really a buzz as we know from smoking. Please keep us posted as you try to perfect this stuff man ! Thanks

Latest posts

Back