FireMan Bob's Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemanbob

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll. Figured I'd start a Journal instead of posting in the Bud's Only area. But hell, now I'm budding! YES!

So since my 4 plants have now dropped down to 2 Female and 2 Dead Males with their Balls cutoff, I want to clone cause I'm out of seeds. I've read many an article about "topping" from the different members here but I have yet to see a picture of what piece of the plant to "top" or "clone".

Below are a couple of pics...am I going in the right direction?!?

Thanks all...

Indoor Soil/Perlite Mix
2.5 weeks into Flowering 12/12
Some kinda Indi I think

web01.jpg

web02.jpg

web03.jpg

web04.jpg

web05.jpg

whats up firemanbob. your ladies are looking good. IMO its not good to take clones from a plant that late in flower. i think you would be better off just letting them grow.

chop below top growth behind fan leaf in altered photo.

ya will have some deformed leaf growth on clones in vegging but clones will grow outa this within 4 weeks.....

trim off any extra leaves except the two top leaves and fresh growth tip.

then cut as long a diagonal slice as possible on cut end of clone and clone powder/gel then into prefered medium ie peat pellet rockwool cube whatever.....

parkingjoe

Nice grow Joe, keep us posted and keep up the good work!

Thanks to the 3 of you for your words. Bro Grunt, I decided to let 'em chill and not take any cuttings. But, I do have 2 males in another part of the house growing like frickin' crazy and I'm going to take a brush and gather some pollen and spread on one branch/flower to get some seeds that way so I can grow some more!

If any of that process doesn't sound right please let me know. Below is a new pic from this week. Guess what?! WE GOT RESIN BABY!!!

So I count on one plant, 17 different flowers growing now. Is it safe to say that I will get 17 buds? My buddy I got the seeds from says that his 17 flowers turned into about 50 buds but I'm not sure how that will happen. I have yet to find a journal or picture set that shows the progression of a plant in the budding process thru to harvest. Maybe there is one out there that shows close up what they do?

Take it easy all!

smbud.jpg

firemanbob said:
I'm going to take a brush and gather some pollen and spread on one branch/flower to get some seeds that way so I can grow some more!
Before you distribute the pollen, tie some supports to the branch so the plant doesn't expend energy trying to support the pods.

Before you harvest, you'll notice the branches relaxing into the supports.

I'm going to take a brush and gather some pollen and spread on one branch/flower to get some seeds
no better time than the present. Seeds take a bare minimum of 4 weeks to mature, 6 is better. You want them mature at harvest time.

looking good firemanbob. cant wait to see the finished product. your doing a great job. keep it up.

Hey kiddies. Two shots today about 38 days into 12/12. Seems things are going slow. Had to transplant from small to larger pots...root system didn't seem too bad and I was gentle. Buds haven't increased in size much at all in the 6 days since the transplant. Some of the fans are really changing to yellow...top fans on 1 plant are still deep green while my other plants top fans are yellowing and curling pretty good. Getting ph tester today to check that all out.

Should I be trimming the leaves off this bud now? Or wait until harvest?...

Starting yesterday, I've taken them out of the closet and am teasing them in my sun roon with the great sunlight and 80 deg temps!....hope they like it.

yearn1.JPG

yearn2.JPG

yearn3.JPG

yearn4.JPG

I've read so many posts my head is spinning. After posting my pics today, I decided to perform a flush on both plants. Being this far into flowing (38 days 12/12) I thought these buds would look more promising. I remember seeing a post where one of you had a pic of your buds hanging from hangers in a closet. Looked like little furry ball buds on the ends of sticks. I have a feeling that is what I will end up with here....just little thimble sized balls of bud :(

Hey, what kind of light did you grow under?

The better the light the bigger the buds. Florous don't ever get those big fat huge buds unless you use one of those expensive bulbs. but then you might as well use an HPS. Those big buds garunteed where grown under a high pressure sodium lamp.

Also how big were your pots? rootbound can hinder the end of flower quick.

but those buds do look good though. wait just re-read the post. only 38 days? you should have more time for them to pack on some wieght. Give it some time. She should still have a growth spurt left. ;)

Thanks Mutt...I'm hoping they will just take off one night and surprise me. I wish I had an HPS but I'm relegated to 6 different CP Flo's in ranges of 25 - 125 Watt's. Soft and Warm Whites all around them. I started them out after germination in 1 Gal pots then about a week ago decided I would go to 3 Gal. In hindsight (and a little more reading) it wasn't a good idea to transp during flowering.

What about trimming the leaves off the buds that are there right now? Should I wait until harvest or do some trimming now to get them a little more light? I'm not talking about the fan leaves, but the skinny leaves growing out of the buds.

Hey, I wouldn't cut anything. The plant will use its energy to repair the wounds caused by cutting. Let her grow out with as little stress as possible. IMHO.

Fireman bob - give indicas a lil time to develope big buds...but with them CFL's they wont be dense they will be light and airy man... its still fun to grow them ur learning alot... next grow u can hopefully grow under a CFL... i had one plant under almost 300 watt of CFL and harvested and half once off of it... it was the best smoke ive had tho.. smoking ur own buds is the upmost best!

Ach! Yer girlies are just babies! They are just showing their bloomers! hee hee.

It is such a fantastic feeling to watch the resin flow, the flowers flourish and anything else poetic and grow-oriented I wish I could think of.

I can feel your enthusiasm and that is really cool dude!

I put a stool in my grow when the stretch is about done and the flowers are coming out. It's the 'old skool cool stool' and it is perfect bud level to check out the trichs under a scope or just commune with the plant people.

I would echo my friend above most heartily.. the best bud is your own bud.......

(do not mean to hijack your thread, but I always thought this stool was one of the coolest things I added to my setup)

PIC: The only clone I ever grew....

Kill Bud.jpg

Latest posts

Back