FireWeed's Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireWeed

Reaction score
I just started a couple plants. Im gonna veg them inside intill its warm enough outside and the woods grow there leaves. Right now my plants are only on there 4th day of growing. Im gonna plant a few more in a couple days. This is bagseed. Heres a few pics of my seedling grow box and each seedling so far.

grow box.jpg

Plant1.jpg

Plant2.jpg

Looks like you have a nice setup there, how big is your grow box? And how much lighting are you using?

I dont really have any measurements i know the containers are 5 1/2 inches tall and the lights you see are fluoros takin from beer signs but my friends hooking my up with another flouro for the box. Like i said im just trying to get them veged till im able to put them outside when i can have some natural sun light on them. Its big enough to fit like 4 more of those containers and if i take that space heater out i use as a fan it can fit more bec that takes up alot of the room. Also that third container isnt in there bec it never sprouted. Anybody think foil would be better than that white plastic as far as reflection goes.

White Plastic is way better than foil. Leave that part alone. you got a great reflection.

Also you might need to get air from outside of the box circulating into the grow box. Needs fresh air. Keepin it couped up in there will only bring troubles IMHO. but every thing else looks great.

If your planning on moving them out. pack em in. but you do need a fan.

Ok Mutt thanks i actully have a big hole drilled in the back of the box right behind that fan so when the fans on its pulling air from outside the box.

Heck if thats the case, go get a smaller fan at wally world for a few bucks and pack some seedlings in there. I like that grow box. Is that a crate of some sort?

I seen people make a good little box with a 70 watt HPS enough for 2 plants with tons of training go through full grow in a computer case!!!
Something to do in the winter time.

Ya its just like a plastic storage container its got two flaps on the side so that it can close it up but i got that fluoro with the hood sittin on top. Ill get some measurements for everybody tommorow I dont have a wally world that i know of although ive heard good things about it. But im sure i could find a little fan anywhere like at home depot. I have some stuff sittin under my plants to prop it up close to the light so as it grows i can just take suff out from under it.

Wally World: AKA Wal-Mart. Man, I thought those things were everywhere.

Alright mutt i definatly have wal marts all over the place just ive never heard them considerd wally world.

I have heard that nick name for years. I have no idea where it came from because the founder was Sam Walton. :confused:
Wal-mart is a weed growers second home. hahahaha. I'm always in there pickin something up for my grow room.

lol..you gotta love it..Wal Mart..it has everything you'll ever need..guns to carrots..socks to 40 watt fluoros..televisions to baby car seats!

Now if we can just get them to stock HID and Hydro equip. then it would be true heaven. hahahahaha

Mutt said:
I have heard that nick name for years. I have no idea where it came from because the founder was Sam Walton. :confused:
Wal-mart is a weed growers second home. hahahaha. I'm always in there pickin something up for my grow room.

i totally agree...many good finds at wally world ...even us Canadians who have only gotten Wal-Marts in the last few years call it Wally World...but same as you Mutt..dunno why

nice looking stuff FireWeed ...i'm looking forward to following along

LdyLunatic said:
i totally agree...many good finds at wally world ...even us Canadians who have only gotten Wal-Marts in the last few years call it Wally World...but same as you Mutt..dunno why

nice looking stuff FireWeed ...i'm looking forward to following along

Hell GDG, you make it sound like us Canadians are living in the backwaters of society, on the fringes or somethin lol..I thought Wal Mart had been in Canada for a long time..20+ maybe even 30+ years?? am I wrong??

Keep in mind that 20+ and 30+ years is longer than I've been alive so I could easily be wrong about this ;)

PS Sorry for the thread jack Fire Weed, your plants look great man! I really like that little box you're using, a perfect little vegging box!

Thanks for the comments everyone. I planted 6 more germinated seeds so in the next day or 2 well see how many sprout. I got the measurement of that box.

Length-1' 9''
Width-1' 3''
Height-1'

and the way that fluoro on top has that hood gives them some more room to grow before i have to move them.

hey insane ..maybe they have been here for a while now :confused: ...damn...i am getting old now that i look back and try to figure it out

FireWeed ...back to your thread...can we have more pics...i love pics :D

LdyLunatic ill have some more pics up in a couple days lettin them grow a little and seein if anymore of the new ones i planted sprout.

Day 9

Yesterday i had 5 of those new seeds i planted sprout. So i have 7 seedlings now. The new ones are 1 week behind the first 2. Also i went to wal mart today and got the wallyworld light setup Bgrunt posted in the lights section. And i think my friends giving me a speaker box that i will put this light in and maybe put 4 of the seedlings in at first then when they start growing out ill probally keep 2 in.

plant1.jpg

plant2.jpg

once my plants are 2 weeks old is it ok to start giving them a weak amout of fertilizer. And how often should i fertilize them. Lots of people say Miracle Gro is bad but i have 2 kinds all purpose plant food and tomato fertilizer. The Tomato Fertilizer has the right ingrediants just its Miracle Gro so i want to see what some peoples opinions are. The Tomato Fertilizer is 18-18-21

Fertilizer1.jpg

Fertilizer2.jpg

Latest posts

Back