first attempt, possible genious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmeracre

Reaction score
this is my first time trying growing. i have just germinated 14 mid-grade seeds, nothing special, its how i germinated them, i did 5 in water, 2 in a combo of lime juice and water, another with pure lime juice, one floating in water, and another floating in lime and water. i believe this is a good idea because of the vitamins in lime, especially C. what do u guys think?? another idea i have, i live on the coastline, is it possible to germinate in brackish water (mix of salt and freshwater) or even transplant the plant into the body of water, or close to shore? feedback would be appreciated. im going for maximum yield in minimum time

Lime juice is not needed and you want to stay well away from water with an elevated salt content.

i was thinking the same, the salt would dry it out, but what about the other nutrients in the sea? hm.. decisions. im thinking ill grow in a tent and leave the window and top off to keep pests out and bring maximum air/sunlight

Never heard anything like you stated ... With the lime ... But if you had sucess good for you ;)
I think that the salt is not going to be good for the plants.

im not sure if itll work at all, thats why im experimenting with one seed variables, and the majority of them are germinated in paper towels in regular water. but maybe ill hit gold and get the best buds in town. worth a shot LOL

Sorry, but I do not think any of these methods, other than plain water is going to be any good. Salt water will kill all freshwater plants. Brackish water can contain disease and pests. I would stay away from lime juice--it is far too acidic for seedlings. Just because we can utilize the vitamins in lime, does not mean that the plant can--they metabolize "food" entirely differently than people and have entirely different needs. In addition, seedlings need NO fertilizer (vitamins)--feeding too early can kill them.

I would suggest getting the basics down and learning something of the biology of the plant and what it needs to thrive. I think you are quite off base on your germination ideas here....some ideas are worth experimenting with, some we know will not work and they are not worth experimenting with.

I am also of the opinion that the method of germinating (as long as they actually sprout) is going to make very little difference in the finished product. Do you have a grow space set up? What you do after germination is going to determine the quality of your bud.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Sorry, but I do not think any of these methods, other than plain water is going to be any good. Salt water will kill all freshwater plants. Brackish water can contain disease and pests. I would stay away from lime juice--it is far too acidic for seedlings. Just because we can utilize the vitamins in lime, does not mean that the plant can--they metabolize "food" entirely differently than people and have entirely different needs. In addition, seedlings need NO fertilizer (vitamins)--feeding too early can kill them.

I would suggest getting the basics down and learning something of the biology of the plant and what it needs to thrive. I think you are quite off base on your germination ideas here....some ideas are worth experimenting with, some we know will not work and they are not worth experimenting with.

I am also of the opinion that the method of germinating (as long as they actually sprout) is going to make very little difference in the finished product.

thanks, im not sensitive to critisizm, just figured id try everything. i thought about the acidity of vitamin C too, i discovered the forum after i had germinated. if thy die the seeds are easy to come by so im not too worried.

Salt will tie up your nutes and screw with pH. Brackish water is as salty as the tide is high, but never unsalty at low tide. If you're coastal, your tap water probably has a high salinity also--I'm forty, fifty miles inland and mine is still pushing at the high end of acceptable water quality. And, seeds don't need vitamin C or anything pop and get up outta the ground.

one plant has sprouted to about 4 inches already! another is ready to be planted. that wil make 3 in the dirt now. :)

I think a true genious would go through the threads here and copycat the most sucessfull grow that his finances would allow him too.

farmeracre said:
im thinking ill grow in a tent and leave the window and top off to keep pests out and bring maximum air/sunlight

Huh??:doh:

I am officially confused.

farmeracre said:
i was thinking the same, the salt would dry it out, but what about the other nutrients in the sea? hm.. decisions. im thinking ill grow in a tent and leave the window and top off to keep pests out and bring maximum air/sunlight
what other nutrients in the sea?

Vitamin C for seeds?

window on a tent?
im with hammy

:confused:

and can someone please urban dictionary "genious"
:rofl:

dude i just woke my girl and my dog woke barking cause i was laughing so hard at your avatar dman.

bahahahaaaaa :rofl:

I knew I shld have taken a cpl hits before the wife dragged me out to Target.....:)

Can I see pic of this tent of yours with windows and a detachable roof?
It doesnt have a street number attached to it does it? Do you pay mortgage or rent on this "tent"? Is mail delivered to this "tent"?

Lots of questions because inquiring minds want to know....:rolleyes:

lol u guys are relentless. its a regular camping tent u buy at walmart with a screen roof with a tarp that goes over the tarp and the window is on the door and unzips. im not complaining with the lime results at all, working great for me. when theyre all in soil ill post pics, but atm, im too lazy. lmao.

farmeracre said:
lol u guys are relentless. its a regular camping tent u buy at walmart with a screen roof with a tarp that goes over the tarp and the window is on the door and unzips. im not complaining with the lime results at all, working great for me. when theyre all in soil ill post pics, but atm, im too lazy. lmao.

Lol....just having some fun....I figured you might be talking about an actual camping tent. Good luck farmer. Glad you have a good sense of humor...we like to joke around here a bit.

Latest posts

Back