First attempt.....suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did as HP advised and sprinkled dolomite lime(1/4 cup) onto the soil before I watered(about a quart) on Tuesday....

Dark green coloration isn't always a good thing. Sometimes that is a sign of too much Nitrogen. MJ in veg can vary in greeness, seen it myself many a time, don't sweat it unless there's serious yellowing at the top of the plant.

Rootbound plants get a lil peaked yellow on the bottom leaves due to deficiency. You can transplant if that happens (if the plant is still producing leaf vs. bud) if you haven't already, it won't hurt them at this stage of its life.

:peace: and mojo,

7greeneyes:D

p.s. Your plants look really happy right now. :) :aok:

Im more concerned with the brown edges and most of the newer bottom growth is really slow and most of it dies off? I have been seeing some lower leaves die off as well...........

Should I be concerned with the tip curl and the few brown spots I am seeing?
Maybe I am overthinking it...........
according to the fertilizer schedule I should feed them tomorrow but I am a bit hesitant because of the various little symptoms I am seeing...
l

almost forgot....where they are gets a ton of direct sun but now that they are getting bigger I would like to camouflage them by putting them near some fern and other plantlife in the yard, however the area I am talking about gets about half the amount of sunlight.
Is this a problem?

I would go ahead and give them a light feeding. My plant outdoors is in mostly shade but she gets intense sun when she gets it. She stretched a lot because of shade, but I think it will be ok. If she goes all leggy and pale, move her back to the sun. I don't know where you live, so don' t know how hot you get. Mine gets about 3 hours of sun at noon and some more late in the day until it sets. Green mojo.

I am starting to think that even though I am growing organic, I should get a soil test kit and or ph meter so that I know what is really going on instead of guessing...........I have seen test kits on Amazon that say they test the N,C, M, P, of the soil??

i am not an expert by any means but maybe calcium or magnesium deficient? i think a lot of folks use epsom salts for that.

Old fogey nailed it....Cal/Mag deficiency...I would treat...:)

If you try and treat with egg shells or something like that, in the soil...it may take too long too take affect....I would grab some Cal/Mag....I use General Organics Cal Mg+.....or Nutri Plus Cal/Mag.

Good luck! :)

they look better after the feeding last night......I erred on the side of caution and only used half the recommended amount of fertilizer and after seeing what the feeding did I wish I had given it the full amount......Areas that were starting to yellow on top are now light green again!! The Cal/Mag is going to have to wait till Friday................Hopefully they wont show any new issues between now and then!!

This being an organic grow should not use a synthetic calmag additive but rather he should use Dolomite lime or an organic calmag additive. This type of lime will buffer the pH to proper levels for organic soil grows, and it supplies both calcium and Magnesium to the plants. For organics the Dolomite lime is the better choice.

I don't believe he is experiencing a bad Magnesium or calcium deficiency at this point. The spots and necrosis appear to be only on the lower leaves and are random at this point. A true deficiency will present with a growing pattern that more uniformly affects a segment of the plant. We also have to consider that these plants are being raised outside where they are more subject to the elements of nature. I am more inclined to believe at this point that the plants are a little underfed and slightly deficient in several elements as well as needing a better functioning microbe herd.

Like was said....if you treat a Cal/Mag diff through the soil...it will be ridiculous by the time you get a handle on it....:) Everyone understands that there is very, very little Cal/Mag in rainwater.....right? :)

Wow. I want to start growing but being on here makes me realize I need some major help & information. Keep growin every one. I will try to catch up!

Rain water definitely isn't always the best water to use. That is why it can be more tricky to grow in containers outside than in the ground. You try to control what goes into the enclosed environment of the pot of soil but then nature continuously throws you curve balls. :)

Wow. I want to start growing but being on here makes me realize I need some major help & information. Keep growin every one. I will try to catch up!

The more you know, the better your chances of a successful grow. There truly is a whole lot more to it than throwing seeds in the ground and waiting for bud. You are a step ahead when you realize right off the bat that it does take knowledge and study to grow this wonderful plant.

This thread is awesome! My dad is currently growing outdoors and he has being asking questions left and right. Outdoor growing is much different than indoor.

I've been taking notes

Thank you,

sorry for the lousy picture but they are definitely balls!!!!! :evil:

I should have known....it was looking like it would be my biggest producer!!!!

Latest posts

Back