First Auto Flower Grow and need some advice!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNukeHead

Reaction score
I just got some Auto seeds and I have a couple of questions before I start them. Because of my space I am concerned about NOT defoliating at all (which some are saying it's okay and others say No) So I pose the same question here. Is it okay to defoliate and how badly will it slow down growth? Also is LST, topping or super cropping a bad idea with Autos?

If you had a rose bush would you start picking the leaves off it? No? Then don't do that to your plants.
I only ask because I have done different training with my grow right now and have had good results. I just know that because autos have such a short life span that it may be good to not mess with them, but thank you for the response! :)

Yeah i wouldn't do to much to an Auto. It only has so much time before its ready. I grow them and i know pruning is not really beneficial.

Yeah. I'm thinking, anything that slows them down, is not a good idea. They'll flower no matter they are 6" high or 2 ft high.
Oh! that was another thing I wanted to ask. With autos what is the average height? I have a separate smaller tent that I have been using to start veg. While photoperiods are in flower in the bigger one. I'm concerned with putting the autos in the "nursery" tent due to the height of 36". I guess my real concern is, is my light going to burn them before or if I get to switch tents? My light is full spectrum led 1000w and has internal fans that keep it very cool.
16266116119426390462363992199738.jpg

Oh! that was another thing I wanted to ask. With autos what is the average height? I have a separate smaller tent that I have been using to start veg. While photoperiods are in flower in the bigger one. I'm concerned with putting the autos in the "nursery" tent due to the height of 36". I guess my real concern is, is my light going to burn them before or if I get to switch tents? My light is full spectrum led 1000w and has internal fans that keep it very cool.View attachment 275520
Is the light LED, can you hold your hand right under it next to the light closely and hold you hand next to it without burning or pain?
Then the plants should be fine I have had them grow right up against the light and not burn with LEDs. Led says start at 24inches and work your way down from there as plants grow closer to like 12inches even less as above.

The answer is yes I can lay my hand right on it without burning. That is great to hear. I'm so excited about starting the autos. I have Northern lights auto, NukeHead auto and White Widow auto coming by Wednesday.

REALLY 1000W? What does the mandatory label say its power consumption is?
Here are the specs
Specifications:

-Dimensions: 12.36x8.54x2.4 inches
-Item Weight: 5.73 lbs
-Double switch,ideal for all stages of plant growth

-LED:60Pcs

-Full band(380nm-800nm),full Spectrum
-Perfect for 2.5x2.5ft vegetative coverage at 24" Height
-Perfect for 1.2x1.2ft flowering coverage at 18" Height
-Input Voltage: AC100-240V

-Wave length: 380nm-800nm
-Frequency: 50-60Hz
-Lifespan: >50,000hours

I've been running it for a month and it's only brought my bill up like 10 bucks. And my other ladies in there seem to be doing well but I'm going to move them to my bigger tent when my ones in flower are done. I have a lot of time in my hands 😆

Yes, but what is the power consumption? Most of these lamps make ridiculous claims.

Most likely only 100watts from wall not 1000w
Who makes the light what new is on it and what site did you buy
Amazon can you post like to the site with light?

Latest posts

Back