First Auto Flower Grow and need some advice!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decent harvest, but I'm going for a huge harvest this time😆👽.
IMG_20211006_224132277.jpg
IMG_20211006_224428800.jpg
IMG_20211006_224451301.jpg
IMG_20211006_232455939.jpg
IMG_20211006_232555720.jpg
IMG_20211006_232628596.jpg

Does #4 or soil like Ocean Forest require flushing to remove salts/nutes from the prior re-use?

Bubba
That's a good question, I would think you would need to flush a soil like Ocean Forest. It's very hot with nutes anyway. I started growing with Ocean Forest and got nute burn on every plant and had to transplant into coco and perlite and they were fine after. But I would also like a solid answer on that. I will look into it tonight.

Ocean Forest is a grow soil already mixed with all the nutes you need for veg and ever into flower , at some point you need to start teas or syn-nutes, I feed a lite mix in veg but not what the bottle says to.
I would not flush any expensive soil you get, they built they nutes into it for a reason...........................
Do the 10days water only at the end before harvest.
Start seeds in rapid rooters and then after the seedling is growing healthy and thriving plant in the Ocean soil.

That's a good question, I would think you would need to flush a soil like Ocean Forest. It's very hot with nutes anyway. I started growing with Ocean Forest and got nute burn on every plant and had to transplant into coco and perlite and they were fine after. But I would also like a solid answer on that. I will look into it tonight.
I've heard people say it's hot, I use it for seedlings, sprouts, veg, flower the whole deal, never had it burn anything. Several different strains, mostly indicas, or indica dominate if that makes any difference?

Bubba

I've heard people say it's hot, I use it for seedlings, sprouts, veg, flower the whole deal, never had it burn anything. Several different strains, mostly indicas, or indica dominate if that makes any difference?

Bubba
Yep and some seed strains can not take the higher nutes as others can withstand when seedlings,

True that. Most of the indicas are pretty tough customers, that's all I have experience with. Of course, they are more susceptible to rot, with their typically heavy cola growth...

Bubba

How's the smell NukeHead?
I keep thinking the NukeHead Auto smells like lemon heads Candy. And the White Widow smells like medicine I guess 😅 Had a little sample of each last night and they are very heavy hitters. The White Widow is potent but doesn't put you to sleep, as where the NukeHead Auto is very potent as well but you won't be doing much the rest the day 😂

Bubba
I think when I started with Ocean Forest I was running nutes as well. That's probably why I got nute burn. I've learned a lot since then.

True that. Most of the indicas are pretty tough customers, that's all I have experience with. Of course, they are more susceptible to rot, with their typically heavy cola growth...

Bubba
I was actually concerned about this with the large colas on both of these plants. I just made sure they were the last part of the plants to start curing. I just removed the colas and other large buds from drying rack today and have them in a cure by themselves so I can monitor them😁✌️💚👽

I think when I started with Ocean Forest I was running nutes as well. That's probably why I got nute burn. I've learned a lot since then.
Well, like
I was actually concerned about this with the large colas on both of these plants. I just made sure they were the last part of the plants to start curing. I just removed the colas and other large buds from drying rack today and have them in a cure by themselves so I can monitor them😁✌️💚👽
I don't hang my plants. I wet trim and have the buds on an slightly elevated cookie/cake rack to dry. Once they can be in jars over night and are holding low 70's, then burp down to approx. 63 or so, put a boniveda 62% in the jar.

Bubba

Nute burn....seems like most cases are from following the directions. I have only tried about 4 different commercial grow nutes, so can only speak from experience on them. It does seem others stories here suggest the same. Most listed instructions seem to lead to over mute burn.

If I use 1/2 the recommended"dose" nothing seems starved, some maybe a little too dark green, or close.

I once read that the best employee suggestion found in a company's "suggestion box" was a cosmetic company I don't now recall, was to add the word "repeat" after the use instructions on shampoo.

I suppose it would naturally be in the best interest of the bottom line that we would use it up fast as possible, I suppose?

Ode to accidental self inflicted nute burn!

Bubba

Nute burn....seems like most cases are from following the directions. I have only tried about 4 different commercial grow nutes, so can only speak from experience on them. It does seem others stories here suggest the same. Most listed instructions seem to lead to over mute burn.

If I use 1/2 the recommended"dose" nothing seems starved, some maybe a little too dark green, or close.

I once read that the best employee suggestion found in a company's "suggestion box" was a cosmetic company I don't now recall, was to add the word "repeat" after the use instructions on shampoo.

I suppose it would naturally be in the best interest of the bottom line that we would use it up fast as possible, I suppose?

Ode to accidental self inflicted nute burn!

Bubba
Yes, I learned in my very first grow. Half to start them out and I can increase slowly through veg period. They obviously want to sell more but once you realize you only have to use half it seems like a better deal for the prices. I also found fox farm nutrients are way stronger. I switched to advanced and I haven't had any issues. But I still start with half now that I have that fear of nute burn. 😆✌️💚👽

Latest posts

Back