First auto grow northern light from ILGM Outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1684766078297.png

Well third time the charm. I lost 6 plants total to animals. Two of three of the first set of seeds and four of five the last set got mowed down. So here is to another restart. 2 gal fabric pots with happy frog with extra perlite and down to earth organic fertilizer 4-8-4 in bottom half of pot. Top half of pot is straight happy frog but I will need to find a heavy nitrogen fert like bat guano to top dress in a few weeks. They are in my shed on the work table and maybe they will not get a trim at ten days old. Seriously thinking about putting them in a tent.

Attachments

• IMG_1202.jpeg
    IMG_1202.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1201.jpeg
    IMG_1201.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
I really think I will get another tent for these girls as I already have a light. Update on the northern light plant that made it from the first batch that got ate. She has really growled the last couple days and I hope she continues to do so as she is on the small side imo.
I have one seedling at about 8 days old and 3 new seedlings so hopefully I’m about to get busy.

Attachments

• IMG_1211.jpeg
    IMG_1211.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Whatever is eating them is doing one hell of a job I have the five seedlings started as well and they looked great when I told them good night. Maybe it is a mouse I had these setting on my boat and I figured being off the ground and partial sun it would be a great place to start😡
I would be out there with a pellet gun and a scope, LOL.

The happy frog is preloaded but it seems to be on the milder side. I know several weeks in veg my photo plants want nutes.
what makes you think it is on the milder side? You might have a bag like that, but I found Happy frog to be way too hot. I switched to Ocean Forest and had many good grows, then I hit a hot bag that fried things. Now, its promix, no nutes at all, so you can control what is fed.

Bubba

what makes you think it is on the milder side? You might have a bag like that, but I found Happy frog to be way too hot. I switched to Ocean Forest and had many good grows, then I hit a hot bag that fried things. Now, its promix, no nutes at all, so you can control what is fed.

Bubba
Well I noticed during my first grow of happy frog it needed nutes within a few weeks so I do no think it is hot

Possibly Damping off
Damping-off refers to the rotting of stem and root tissues at and below the soil line. In most cases, infected plants will germinate and come up fine, but within a few days, they become water-soaked, mushy, collapse at the base and die.

I have had it happen were seedlings just fall over and die off.
View attachment 328942
Next time put potting soil around the stem to about the middle of where that seedling collapsed. If you do that it’s stronger just being propped but it also grows roots into the potting soil which slows stretch considerably and increases stem size.

Next time put potting soil around the stem to about the middle of where that seedling collapsed. If you do that it’s stronger just being propped but it also grows roots into the potting soil which slows stretch considerably and increases stem size.
I usually do after they are a week or to older maybe I need to start doing it earlier

Well I noticed during my first grow of happy frog it needed nutes within a few weeks so I do no think it is hot
Keep using it. That's what I used to say about Ocean Forest. Good luck!

Bubba

Keep using it. That's what I used to say about Ocean Forest. Good luck!

Bubba
I would like to try a mixture of ocean forest and happy frog. I will have to just experiment more with it. It seems to be ok with the 1/4 nutes and I plan on using half in a week or two. I will try to add more until the plants tell me different.

My northern lights is growing nicely. I plan to up the nutes next feeding and start some training. Waiting on my photo plant to finish out in my tent hopefully 4 more weeks so I can get this one in. Has anyone noticed smaller yield when growing auto on 12/12? As of right now she goes in the tent for 12 hours at night under the lights and then sits by my shed window for the sunlight during the day.

Attachments

• IMG_1237.jpeg
    IMG_1237.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Grow baby grow. Long weekend I did get a 6x6 room built in my shed. I will be ordering a 4x4 tent this week to get a couple of my autos plants put in. I will save my 2x2 tent for a starter tent. I still have to run some electrical and do some things to the room. I do not have much room to work with but a 4x4 tent and 2x2 tent should fit ok I will incorporate shelves etc to keep the 2’ of floor space that is not covered with a tent uncluttered. I will be running an a/c during the day to keep tent air below 80 degrees. I also will be installing a dehumidifier as Florida humidity is terrible.

Attachments

• IMG_1248.jpeg
    IMG_1248.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Busy week for me I finally got my 3x3 tent in a week late. My northern lights plant is doing ok I got transferred to the new tent. It out growed the veg tent and got a little light burn on the top. I think she will bounce back just fine. The seedlings are coming along and I’m introducing nutes a little at a time. My second round of seeds I popped of northern lights got transplanted today it is the only plant that made it that round. So it went into a 2 gal fabric pot with happy frog and some roots organic flowering and bloom mixed in the bottom proportion of the soil. I will give it a bat guano tea( I’m sure I spelled that wrong) every week until it gets to preflower and then switch to a tea for blooming period if it needs it.

Attachments

• IMG_1369.jpeg
    IMG_1369.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Bro, what a journey of discovery and lessons you've been on eh? We both had plants eaten by Animals, cept mine was my own dog.. he won't touch a bud, he wants the leaf.. so he at 2 plants before we caught him... grrrrr...
Looks like your doing much better, wait till you get that tent setup...

Hate to see you give up on Autos... be happy to help a brudda out... and I recommend if the seed is feminized, start it off in the 2gal felt pot, just don't keep soil soaked...
10 days old.. Like I should of done with these... need to order new pots..
PLL 2b.jpg

Bro, what a journey of discovery and lessons you've been on eh? We both had plants eaten by Animals, cept mine was my own dog.. he won't touch a bud, he wants the leaf.. so he at 2 plants before we caught him... grrrrr...
Looks like your doing much better, wait till you get that tent setup...

Hate to see you give up on Autos... be happy to help a brudda out... and I recommend if the seed is feminized, start it off in the 2gal felt pot, just don't keep soil soaked...
10 days old.. Like I should of done with these... need to order new pots..View attachment 331786
I agree Carty on starting in a 2 gal pots. I’m in love with the space in my 3x3 tent and I’m anxious to feel her up. I’m still trying to dial in the tent and finish my small grow room. Autos intrigue me they are here to stay and I like a good challenge. I will be starting a birthday grow as well in a couple weeks so I definitely should be busy. Really considering Durban poison and triangle og or blueberry.

I hope the plant in preflower fills out more. It didn’t have any space crammed in my 2x2 and was fighting for light. It did a little stretching and got up close and personal with the light.

Keep using it. This forum is filled with folks that got hot bags. I nay sayed until I hit a hot one. I hope you don't, mine ruined some of my more rare seeds, From Goat and Monkey, 🐒. Ouch!

Bubba

Latest posts

Back