first auto grow sunakard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunakard2000

Reaction score
hey all so i finally got my seeds after only a week of waiting... yay... so anywho heres what i got.
ordered
5x Budda Purple Kush (auto fem)
freebies
1x Auto Purple Fem
1x White Widow X Amnesia Haze Fem
1x Northern Lights X Northern Lights Fem
2x Sleetstack X Skunk Reg

today is currently the last day of week 4 for my Sour Diesal plant currently in flower, 5 or 6 weeks to go till harvest, so im gonna wait a few weeks before i pop some of these in some soil, gonna start with the 5 budda purple kush and the 1 auto purple fem, giving me 6 plants which should fit perfectly in my 4x4.5 flower area, now for a few questions, first off whats the best storage method for seeds, i currently have them in film like containers and inside a tacklebox in my grow room, should i move them into a cooler area? for lighting iv decided on 24/0 for veg and 20/4 for flower as it seems to be the most used light schedule for autos around here, so should i put them under my 4ft 4bulb T5 veg fixture till they are showing pistiles then move to my 600watt HPS flower area? or should i keep them under the HPS for their whole life? this is as i said my first run with autos and my intention is to go with regular photo period seeds from now on but i need a quick turn over and was kinda itching for some purple plants. i would prefer, if there isnt much of a difference, to keep the plants under the veg light for like 21 days or till they show pistiles then move to the HPS flower area so i can let my photoperiod SD plant finish up

All the research Ive done I came to the conclusion for an easier setup and such , just leave them on the HPS the whole time...just adjust the height accordingly. If you have a dimmable ballast, there is another option as well.

If you have the lights already I would go with T-5 until pistals because of light spectrum (as long as T-bulbs are right spectrum for veg)
If you can run all lights w T5 as side lighting and not have heat issues for flower I would do that as well again for light spectrum reasons

And you don't have to move autos into flower area. I believe it's better to do 24/0 than 12/12 even during flower, but I could be wrong. They say 20/4 is best though

yeah moving my 4ft 4bulb T5 HO fixture for side lighting is kinda outta the question. got a blueberry veging atm, just popped up this morning, so gotta keep the veg area whole, still thinking of veg then flower area,

IMO if you have a seperate veg and flower area...why run autos? The ONLY reason I am doing autos next run is that I dont have the space/money to add a separate area, and outdoors is not an option where I live.

i guess you could say to learn, as lame as that sounds i like trying everything, iv done a few grows, chemical nutes, full organic set up which i love, and iv done a few DWCs, just to list a few. i just like trying everything, iv found things i like and dont like about each method iv tried so far so why not try something else, just nice to have experience under your belt.

sunakard2000 said:
got a blueberry veging atm, just popped up this morning, so gotta keep the veg area whole, still thinking of veg then flower area,

Is there a certain reason you think you need a flower room for the autos?

You won't need flower area until you're ready to flower your photo strains, your best option is keeping autos in your veg room and if you have a timer set it to 20 on 4 off, it will be plenty of on time to keep photo strains in veg and is best for your autos.

The only reason I would put my autos into a flower room is if my veg room was to full and my photo strains were more important

I read ya loud and clear buddy, I am the same way with stuff, especially my trade.

But Thor is right about the separate flower area.

cuz i figured that an HPS during the plants flowering stage would be better then a 4 bulb HO T5 with 4 10,000k veg bulbs. figure that even though autos are based on age not photo period that the red spectrum would be better for the plant then the blue veg spectrum, as i said i went with them outta pure curiousity, gotta try it all lol

That is fair
The spectrum would be better with hps but as long as your veg area has adequate lumens per foot I think the lights on 20 hours gives you larger yield than an hps on 12 hours. Assuming the flower room was true 12/12 flower room.

Is all I'm trying to warn.

aah i see what you were getting at now... lol yeah i am awair of prefered light schedule, once this sour diesal i have in flower right now gets chopped in about 3-4 weeks, ill be changing the flower area from 12/12 to 20/4 for the autos then back to 12/12 after the autos have served their purpose.
thanks again everyone i got quite alot of help here.

1x Northern Lights X Northern Lights Fem

Curious this one.... did you mean to say Northern Lights x Big Bud Fem? That was a freebie I just got. :confused2:

nope on Sea of Seeds recent ordered items, my order its self and the packaging they came in say NLxNL. i too am curious about it. havnt done a whole lot of research on the more specifics of breeding and the genetics of plants, iv always had an intrest in genetics back in school so ill defently do some reading sometime more on the subject, but atm i can only assume its simply a pure northern lights strain, but then again im not sure.

Latest posts

Back