First Closet Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.GreenThumb

*The Sinsemilla Sheik*
Reaction score
A little bit about my setup, closet space is 3x12 and i'm using a 250 watt MH balast. For exhaust i'm using a Hydrofarm 180 cfm fan attached to top of light as well as a 13 inch fan to help move air around inside closet. This is a soil grow (as you can see) with light on a 24 hour cycle. For the most part light remains about 12 inches away from the light. Temps range from 80-85 degrees, and humidity is 40-50%. Feel free to give any advice or feedback, I will update this as I go, sit back--grab one of thoes "you know what's" and enjoy.:D

From the beginning I was caught kinda off gaurd as to all what I would need to complete the grow up to my standards. Up untill week 3 I had ph issues with my soil and not checking the h2o that I was using, it stayed about 7.5-8.0. I HIGHLY recommend a digital ph pen its a must have imo...

1. Day 21
2. Day 24
3. Day 25
4. Day 27

2-5-06 (Medium).JPG

2-8-06 (1) (Medium).JPG

2-9-06 (Medium).JPG

2-11-06 (Medium).JPG

Growth was stunted and after ph level was fixed she began to grow nicely. The new growth then started to turn a light lime color, a change from the lower leafs, researched and was starting to loog like a mag defiency. After watering with 1 tbps epsom salt to a gallon of spring water the leafs again started to get back to normal. I did use pure blend pro veg formula but was not sure if that helped any or not to be honest.

1. Day 30
2. Day 32
3. Day 35
4. Day 40

2-14-06 (1) (Medium).JPG

2-16-06 (1) (Medium).JPG

2-19-06 (4) (Medium).JPG

2-24-06 (2) (Medium).JPG

Since I was not to happy with the prior nutes I decided to go a different route. I went with foxfarm and got their Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, and Big Bloom formulas. I started to flower on day 42 she was 1 foot 5 inches tall, and using a 230 watt hps conversion bulb. I started off at half recommended nute strength and during the first week she had a growth spurt of approx six inches. We finished out day 50 at 2 feet 2 inches tall.

1. Day 46
2. Day 50
3. Day 50

3-2-06 (Medium).JPG

3-6-06 (1) (Medium).JPG

3-6-06 (2) (Medium).JPG

The buds are now starting to form, still growing like a weed :D at 2 feet 10 inches tall this is day 12 flowering. You can start to smell the aroma of the bud so I added a can-carbon filter to the exhaust fan. I am very happy with the results so far....

1. Day 54
2. Day 54
3. Day 54
4. Day 54

3-10-06 (4) (Medium).JPG

3-10-06 (1) (Medium).JPG

3-10-06 (2) (Medium).JPG

3-10-06 (3) (Medium).JPG

Stoney Bud said:
Great looking crop man! What day are you on right now?
Thoes last pics were as of 45 min ago. This forum as taught me just about all I have learned so far....my bud is your bud.;)

wow. Nice journal, very neat and clean. Great pics , nice lil set up in there. What stran is that?

sicnarf said:
wow. Nice journal, very neat and clean. Great pics , nice lil set up in there. What stran is that?

Thanks for the compliments, I was told Northern Lights #11, or a strain called Flo. I do not know which one.

looking good Dr. GreenThumb. keep up the good work and you will be smoking in no time.

The color of the larger fan leafs are turning to a more lime color again, so I do not think I have completely won the magnesium battle yet. Luckly the smaller sets of leafs where the buds have formed are fine at this point.

Day 63 of grow, and day 22 flowering.

3-19-06 (Medium).JPG

3-19-06 (4) (Medium).JPG

3-19-06 (1) (Medium).JPG

3-19-06 (2) (Medium).JPG

3-19-06 (3) (Medium).JPG

3-19-06 (7) (Medium).JPG

3-19-06 (6) (Medium).JPG

whats up DOC. your lady is looking great.
fing25.gif
i see you have been taking good care of her. she is filling in very nice. who says big isn't beautiful.
719.gif
keep those pics coming. i love to see great progress.

Bravo! Bravo!

I love that traditional look of a plant that has been allowed a natural shape. The Kola is going to be sweet!

Great job man!!!!

Very healthy looking plant.

PARTY AT DOCS HOUSE!!!!
icon10.gif

Very good lookin plant ya got there Dr. Green!

Thanks everyone, seems like the plant really likes the fox farm nutrients she is about 3 feet 3 inches tall, and I counted approx 25 bud sites. I'm just lookin to get through the grow, get the feel for what I'm doing and hope to have some good smoke for all my hard work. I'm trying not to get to excited as I dont know what the yeild is going to be...

Green Thumb looks good i like your grow journal you got pics posted for us all the way through the grow!

Day 66 of grow, day 25 flowering.
I wanted to get a shot of the fan leafs, the oldest ones have been fading and soon I anticipate them dying. I have realized that my grow container is defently to small as I will upgrade to 5gal buckets in the future. The kola is filling in nicely as are the rest of the buds. Watering schedule has stayed about every 3-4 maybee 5 days. Using fox farm nutes with every other watering.

Kola (Large) (Custom).JPG

Kola 2 (Large) (Custom).JPG

Middle (Large) (Custom).JPG

Full Shot (Large) (Custom).JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

whats up Doc. i like saying that. damn she is looking great. are you using any fox farm big bloom for the buds? i cant wait to see her when she really starts to fill out. i can tell shes gonna be a big one.
061.gif

Latest posts

Back