First DWC Grow Nute Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorBudMan

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am about to start my first hydroponic grow using a Deep Water Culture setup. Previously to this grow I have only done soil. I know for a DWC setup you want the Ph of the water around 5.5 but what kind of Nutes should I use? Any suggestions will help. Thanks

For new growers I recomend Floranova grow from GH, its 1 part nute so its just mix with water and grow.
Its all you really need in vegg stage but then you may want to go to something more advanced like GH 3 part to flower later, really many choices I believe all can grow good bud.

I have been using "cutting edge solutions" but others will chime in...

What kind of nutes did you use for your soil grows? If those nutes are usable for a hydroponic setup you may want to use them since you have some familiarity with them.
General Hydroponics is one brand that a lot use, but I think the biggest thing is learning the kind you choose, not so much the brand.
You want to be sure to get a good ppm and ph meter. You need to keep a close eye on both of those on a regular basis in order to dial in your nutrient line and keep the plants happy.

If you can control your ppm and ph and then pump about twice as much air into the bucket as you think you need, you could have amazing results.

I like gh 3 part nutes. I run DWC and they work great. I loosely follow the instructions in veg. and in flower I follow the Lucas formula which just use the bloom and micro of the 3 parts. They work really really great.

Latest posts

Back