first DWC Super Lemon Haze problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teddy d

Reaction score
I started this 3 gal DWC as a learning experiment to see if i wanted to switch from soil. the clone has been in the hydroton about 4 weeks or so. It took a while before i saw roots when I finally did i got some humbolt root enhancer.
I have a strong light but it is quite far from all the plants due to the small tent.

ph: 5.7

ppm: 450-500

air: 2X large golf ball size stones and 2 hose fish tank pump (plenty of air)

tent: 2x4

light: 1000W HPS air cooled

temp: 85-90F

water temp: 72F

photoperiod: 24/0

thoughts?

ROOTS.jpg

WILT.jpg

TENT.jpg

I find it really hard to look at sideways pictures. Can you turn it so it is oriented correctly and repost?

I think she is too hot myself. It looks like you don't have any air stirring in the tent. You need a small fan to get the air moving in there and you need to be exausting the air that is in the tant as well as the air in the light. I like to leave one end of the light disconnected so that the air drawn through it comes from within the room. That way you are constantly pulling in fresh air into the tent for the plants. They must have constant supply of CO2 for photosynthesis and good growth.

:yeahthat:

Your temps are high and I see nothing about ventilation---what do you have set up for ventilation?

Hushpuppy said:
I think she is too hot myself. It looks like you don't have any air stirring in the tent. You need a small fan to get the air moving in there and you need to be exausting the air that is in the tant as well as the air in the light. I like to leave one end of the light disconnected so that the air drawn through it comes from within the room. That way you are constantly pulling in fresh air into the tent for the plants. They must have constant supply of CO2 for photosynthesis and good growth.

actually the intake end of the light fixture was going out of the tent and ten back into the tent (as you can see in the photo ) on the right bottom to exhaust the tent. I switched it so the hose goes out of the tent and in through the roof, pulling air from right above the cool tube. and I put a large box fan in there hanging mid- tent on low.

the temps are around 84 now. all the soil plants (including tomatoes) are thriving, why is the DWC doing crappy? the water temp?

what is the optimal DWC water temp.

some of the leaves are getting crispy so I upped the ppm to 600

T.H.G. you asked about the ducting.. it is a 6" cool tube reduced to 4" with a 190 CFM fan that we talked about in the tread bout y new tent.

it seems to be doing the job ok. but i asked before with no reply:
" isnt there a limit to the reduction of radiant heat coming through the glass on the cool tube? like a hot sun burning you inside a car with AC on?...

i wlmost dont care about this anymore everything in soil is great. im losing my drive to learn a new meathod:(

I have found that soil is more forgiving to temp extreemes than hydro. It could be that the DWC water is too warm. I wouldn't let it get more than 75*f and no cooler than 65*f. JMO, I think your air flow isn't enough if you are still in mid 80s temps. The radient heat is certainly a factor, and that is why a fan blowing lightly across the canopy is important. However, if you can hold your hand (palm down) over the tallest plant and it not be uncomfortable to you then it should be fine for the plants.

I hate it for you that it is not going well but there is a difference of function between soil op and hydro op. I think people forget when running different plants or setups together that one function doesn't fit all. If you forget and apply soil methods to hydro or vise-versa then you will have problems arrise.

i checked the water and it was about 78/80F so im guessing that is the cause for sure. i bumped the ppm up to 800 since all the stems are purple...

all i want is a few cuttings off this thing and im done with it. and it will have 2 branches cutting size in a week or two.

Latest posts

Back