First ever MJ grow on the balcony

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you'll get banned either way ya trouble maker...
I know Im like a scorpion no matter how hard I try I can not resist the urge to sting
giphy.gif

My first sprouts :)

Decided to go for in-soil germination.
One planty has the shell stuck to it :rolleyes:.

Also, I'm thinking to grow in room until leaves will reach cups' edges and then to transplant moving to the balcony.

Attachments

• IMG_20220722_075203.jpg
    IMG_20220722_075203.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220722_075149.jpg
    IMG_20220722_075149.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
If you have autos check out cartys auto thread a lot of step by step tips that are proven to work so many things I've learned from going over that thread and you get to see some badass buds along the way !!!! Welcome btw and can't wait to see them in action

If you have autos check out cartys auto thread a lot of step by step tips that are proven to work so many things I've learned from going over that thread and you get to see some badass buds along the way !!!! Welcome btw and can't wait to see them in action
This thread is over a year old. I don’t think sepo stuck around.

Hello.

I am completely newbie in the business and already "high" to start my very first grow.
(Happy to be on this forum also 😌).

Recently i've read a number of articles on how to grow outdoor, indoor and also specifically on the balcony / terrace.

It seems that balcony would be an easier way for me to start with.
(Though i'm still not completely sure).

Some questions / clarifications i do have and would appreciate anybody's feedback.

I will first describe my conditions.

Seeds

I have all "auto" seeds:
- Sweet mix auto (just pack of 10 random-fortune seeds)
- Auto Bubble Gum XXL
- Auto Northen Lights XXL
- Critical Kush Auto
- Dos Si Dos Auto
- Fast Buds

Climate

We leave in the southern country.
The summer season starts here in the beginning of May with temp raising during the days up to 30-35 C.
Jun, Jul and Aug are damn hot (35-45 C) and humid (around 85-95 %); even at nights it's humid from time to time.
Then September cools down just a little (similar to May).
And from Oct to Apr the weather becomes comfy to live, breathe etc.

There are really scarce rains in here.
Can easily be completely dry with not a single drop from Apr to Jan. And the rest of months, from year to year might get rainy, but not much.

Also, it can be quite windy from time to time, with lots of dust floating in the air.

Balcony

My balcony resides south-east (guess I'm lucky with that).
The sunrise is around 5.30 am and it goes down at about 7pm.
The direct sunlight points the balcony from around 6.30 am till 1.30 pm.

Then the sun escapes to the other side of the building but my balcony still has lots of indirect sunlight (so there aren't any obstacles which would shade it).

I live on the height floor.
The gales of wind can be quite some strong here.

Sometimes birds stop over my balcony and fly away getting bored of it.

---

So after I've read many pages on the matter, I kind of decided to start "simple" in the balcony for the following reasons:
- easy setup (at least I think so)
- plenty of natural sun & ventilation
- not seen by neighbors

However, i do have the following concerns.

What to do with the very strong sunlight ?

I guess it can potentially burn the plants.
And should I bring the plants inside rooms during flowering stage ?
Is there going to be some sort of enriched watering mode ?

How to deal with occasional wind blows ?

Is the high humidity an issue ?

How to protect from insects ?

I've read one can plant companion plants close to my MJs.
But I'm not ready to care for other ones excepts for the precious ladies so far.
So I'm looking for easier options here, but of course completely natural.

Which soil to use for this particular setup ?

Can birds eat my crops ?

Thanks in advance & appreciate who'll help to clear some of those

Hello.

I am completely newbie in the business and already "high" to start my very first grow.
(Happy to be on this forum also 😌).

Recently i've read a number of articles on how to grow outdoor, indoor and also specifically on the balcony / terrace.

It seems that balcony would be an easier way for me to start with.
(Though i'm still not completely sure).

Some questions / clarifications i do have and would appreciate anybody's feedback.

I will first describe my conditions.

Seeds

I have all "auto" seeds:
- Sweet mix auto (just pack of 10 random-fortune seeds)
- Auto Bubble Gum XXL
- Auto Northen Lights XXL
- Critical Kush Auto
- Dos Si Dos Auto
- Fast Buds

Climate

We leave in the southern country.
The summer season starts here in the beginning of May with temp raising during the days up to 30-35 C.
Jun, Jul and Aug are damn hot (35-45 C) and humid (around 85-95 %); even at nights it's humid from time to time.
Then September cools down just a little (similar to May).
And from Oct to Apr the weather becomes comfy to live, breathe etc.

There are really scarce rains in here.
Can easily be completely dry with not a single drop from Apr to Jan. And the rest of months, from year to year might get rainy, but not much.

Also, it can be quite windy from time to time, with lots of dust floating in the air.

Balcony

My balcony resides south-east (guess I'm lucky with that).
The sunrise is around 5.30 am and it goes down at about 7pm.
The direct sunlight points the balcony from around 6.30 am till 1.30 pm.

Then the sun escapes to the other side of the building but my balcony still has lots of indirect sunlight (so there aren't any obstacles which would shade it).

I live on the height floor.
The gales of wind can be quite some strong here.

Sometimes birds stop over my balcony and fly away getting bored of it.

---

So after I've read many pages on the matter, I kind of decided to start "simple" in the balcony for the following reasons:
- easy setup (at least I think so)
- plenty of natural sun & ventilation
- not seen by neighbors

However, i do have the following concerns.

What to do with the very strong sunlight ?

I guess it can potentially burn the plants.
And should I bring the plants inside rooms during flowering stage ?
Is there going to be some sort of enriched watering mode ?

How to deal with occasional wind blows ?

Is the high humidity an issue ?

How to protect from insects ?

I've read one can plant companion plants close to my MJs.
But I'm not ready to care for other ones excepts for the precious ladies so far.
So I'm looking for easier options here, but of course completely natural.

Which soil to use for this particular setup ?

Can birds eat my crops ?

Thanks in advance & appreciate who'll help to clear some of those questions.
Autos are bred with Ruderalis, a type of cannabis that's known for low THC resin. IMO people choose autos for the shorter grow cycle. If you're looking for real potency, choose feminized beans in the future.

Hello sepo and welcome aboard

what is your general location? America or Europe?

1. Strong sunlight?…….no problems , cannabis can take the heat , leave the plants outside , and yes , when it gets hotter the plants may need more water

2. Wind blows…….no worries , use some bamboo stakes to hold them together

3. High humidity…no problems , especially if the wind is blowing and your plants are trimmed of excess fan leaves so the air can freely circulate in and around your plant

4. protection from insects……spray your plants every 2 weeks with Spinosad and that will keep most bugs away…get something like Pyganic and Azamax for some backup n case you get more bad bugs

5. what soil? you have a lot of choices and you need to do some homework by reading up on soils…but for an easy answer , like weedhopper suggested

6. can birds eat your crop?….yes , if 3 or 4 chickens land on your balcony , they will do some damage…but if the bird is an eagle , a crow , a pelican , a red headed woodpecker , or an owl , you will be ok

good luck!

cheers
big
I live in a hot dry windy conditions. Birds usually leave my plants alone. The cats and dog are another story. You will be surprised how resilient cannabis seedling can be. I have not had any damage from winds. Boy do we get the winds and blowing dust. The bamboo steaks are what I use they work well. I just harvested this maybe 4 days ago it was 61 inches.

Thank you guys :)

That will get me started with more confidence.

(I will keep updating this thread along my first grow journey)
Do not overwater that is one of the common mistakes newbs make. Myself included. Stick your finger knuckle deep if it dry give them a drink. I live in hot dry south so just check. Northern lights is one my favorite I have tried so far.

Do not overwater that is one of the common mistakes newbs make. Myself included. Stick your finger knuckle deep if it dry give them a drink. I live in hot dry south so just check. Northern lights is one my favorite I have tried so far.
Dang I fell for this twice darn cookies

Latest posts

Back