first experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No ventilation or anything, probably figured itd stink the house up.

More light is gonna play key.
What size space is that cfl in?

To get better buds you're going to need about 20 of those cfl's, or a good HPS. Check out buyagrowbox.com and that will give you a good idea of what you need. Stay safe. :)

i know that hps lights are better than cfls.. but in my first grow i have used cfls beacuse i have them in my garage.. for my next grow i will buy a good hps..
now in my grow i have 5 cfls total 150 w and 10000 lumens total
my grow is :
59x20x20 in.

I assume you mean 20x20x59 (LxWxH). Right now your illuminating just over ~2500 lumens per square foot. A 150 watt hps would achieve 50% more light using the same power (15000 lumens). The minimum for making a grow worth the trouble is ~5000 (I run around 10k). So to imagine having a problem, even very minor, and still trying to get a harvest out of it seems slim. You working over thin ice assuming everything will go perfect. I would definitely add more intense light.

:)

how do you do that?

i'm doing ( in feet) :

width(1.67) x depth(1.67)= 2.78 square feet

total amount of lumes available (9450) :

9450/2.78 = 3399 lumens / sq feet

I rounded 20 inches to 24 ;)...regardless your 3,400 is still not adequate. Why grow under the shade of a tree when you can move it into full sun?

I ALWAYS round up.

Unless its money I owe, then I round down :shifty:

where i live now there are 13/14 hours of light..
i could finish the flowering outside but i don' t know if it is a good idea..
temp is 22 ° celsius day and 13/14 night

OGKushman said:
Why grow under the shade of a tree when you can move it into full sun?

I believe the point was to get more light not move them outside.

You just need to go buy you a good 250w HPS light, ballast, reflector combination and get it over that plant asap, and then you will see the buds swell more as you still have 4-6 weeks of flowering left to go.

When you get the HPS, take down the CFLs and only use them for vegging plants. :)

It is also not just the lack of lumens, it is also the lack of penetration. While penetration is not really the right word, the lumens from a CFL diminish over distance quite rapidly. In essence, the bottom 1/2 of your plant is getting very little light. A 150W HPS will do a lot better. A 250W HPS would be even better.

Check around and be creative if money is a problem. I once found 2 150W HPS security lights at a yard sale for $2 each. I turned them into a dual 150W cooltube setup for around $30.

No no no :rofl:

I was not directing him to move them outside hahahaa but I can see how you could read that. I was using it as a comparison. Under the shade of a tree in mid summer mid day is 3500 L/sf. Mid day sun direct is over 10k L/sf...just an analogy :D

And "penetration"... I think you mean intensity?:D but I like penetration! ;)

I understood your analogy OG. I was more or less following your statement with, What to me, is The obvious solution. :)

Latest posts

Back