first experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi, my plant is in week 4 of flowering, indoor.
135 w cfl warm light
1 month of vegetative growth
20 inches height
how much will i get from this plant?
i know it is impossible to say..but about 20 grams? is it possible?
any advice to increase the harvest??
pictures:

4.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

Oh, such a sweet looking first plant.

No, I don't think you will get that much dried, sorry.

When you start your next grow let us help you out and you will get lots more.

I have some ideas and other will too on how to up your grow.
Congrats on your first time.

To increase your yield, you really need more/better light and probably a bigger pot. This is one of the problems with plants that stretch (generally caused by not enough light)--you simply do not have very many budding sites. From the looks of the plant right now, I would say that it looks like maybe somewhere between 1/4 to 1/2 oz.

Like Rosebud said, there are many talented people here that can help you out.

Yeah, I agree with the ladies. If you raise the light levels right now you may be able to get close to an oz but that will take somewhere in the area of 250watts of HPS light in an area 2'x2'. The one key to getting the most out of your harvest is to get your plants in an inclosed area that has white or fully reflective walls, and then have the level of light that you can achieve at least 5000lumens per square foot of floor space. Then of course you will also need good ventilation to pull out any heat build up and bring fresh air to the plant.

On the up side, you did a good job of bringing your first plant to flower. congrats for that. If you don't want to go all into getting the whole setup now you can simply increase the lighting with some T5 high output lights in the bloom spectrum. This will certainly help the plant produce bigger and denser buds, and you will be able to use them on the next grow as well. :)

We are glad to help yu as much as we can as we like to see successful grows :)

Thanks guys.. Now i put lights near the lower flowers and we will see if they are going to increase a little bit..
How much time before the harvest?
Usually two months ?
One month anymore...
Is there some product that helps to increse buds production?

only time will allow the buds to gain size and swell with resin. give it another 4 or 5 weeks.

The best bud increaser is just good and proper feeding either through the soil or through added nutrients, and lots-O-light.

I would definitely give her at least 4 more weeks. Get a good 30x magnifying lense(jewelers loupes work the best. you can get them at any hydrostore or online, EBAY) Use that lense to look at the little resin glands that are going to start developing in the next couple weeks. All those buds will get really "frosty", "crystally" looking as the resin glands(aka trichomes) grow and swell.

By 8 weeks they will be real obvious and when you look at them under the magnifier, you will see that they look like little clear lollipops. You keep watching them until you see them getting all cloudy, milky looking. When they get to the point that all of them that you can see are cloudy, milky looking, then she is ready to harvest. That may be at the end of 8 weeks minimum or several weeks longer depending on the strain of the plant. :)

Now i have 8000 lumens in my grow.. It is a Closet covered with aluminium foil..
A computer fan and an umidifier.. Humidity is about 40/50 %
I can add one more light 1200 lumens..
Thanks for advices..

francorossi189 said:
Now i have 8000 lumens in my grow.. It is a Closet covered with aluminium foil..
Thanks for advices..
Are you flowering with CFL's, or are you vegging right now? CFL's are only quality enough for vegetation, I believe. Also, aluminum foil has poor reflectivity. You should consider purchasing a roll of mylar.

francorossi189 said:
Thanks for advices..

Take down the foil. It is a very poor reflector of light. You are far better off with flat white paint on the walls. Your humidity is a bit high. Why are you running a humidifier?

There is more than lumens to consider. While you may have 8000 lumens at the light, CFLs lose intensity rather quickly and the bottom of the plant is getting very weak light. In addition, you are running 135W and only getting 8000 lkumens. A 150W HPS would give you 15,000 lumens--only 15 more W and almost double the lumens. In addition, the penetration is much better.

its not too late to bend(LST) that pretty girl..and get as much light to the plants lower growth as posible with your lighting..the stalk looks thin enough to still have quit a bit of flex in it(pulling from the very top of plant)..

Get a good light over it and use some others for sided lighting so the lower buds develope better. Good nutrition is a must.

a nice side light lol. add ur 2nd light on side, go close as possible to it without burning it.
congrats on a 1st.

i' m running an umidifier because without that humidity is under 20 %..

my lights:

[hXXp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/269/img0312v.png/[/URL]

hXXp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/img0313.png/[/URL]

unfortunately my humidifier just broke..
is it a problem for the plant if humidity is 20 % when lights are on and 50 % in the night??
should i buy a new humidifier??

could it be a problem for the buds if humidity is too lower?
because if too low humidity doesn't make buds swelling i will buy a new humidifier

i have flowered between 18-24% everytime, never an issue.

now when your ready to dry the bud it maybe an issue, it will dry to fast and you may want to slow it down then by adding a humidifier.

francorossi189 said:
could it be a problem for the buds if humidity is too lower?
because if too low humidity doesn't make buds swelling i will buy a new humidifier

You have been misinformed somewhere. You WANT a low humidity during flowering. I generally have below 20% humidity. You do not need a humidifier. You need more better light to get your buds to swell.

Latest posts

Back