First Fungus Grow Journal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just burnt VIVOSUN down with this review of their Products...

Like most all Cheap Chinese Crap, there are no real useable Instructions, just a Commercial for their other $hit. I opened the Filter Box & was instantly covered in Carbon from the Filter, the Bag that wrapped it was full of it, as was the Box...even the Bag Leaked! Here are the instructions for Putting it all together:
1 - Remove any plastic from fan blade. (DUH)
2 - Check airflow direction (DOUBLE DUH)
3 - Attach mounting hardware (No illustration, no nothing, the diagram shows you how to Plug it in)
THAT'S IT...THIS IS BULL$HIT SENDING ENTIRE ORDER BACK, GONNA ORDER SPIDER FARMER!

All this is 100% true, sure I could eventually figure it all out, but I didn't buy USED Figure it out goods...I bought New, don't feel like figuring it out goods. Not sure how much carbon those filters hold/use...but at least an ounce is on my living room floor, in the Bag/Box or on me...IS THIS NORMAL? Really bummed out right now, I dread even seeing the Lights when they get here Wednesday, don't even want to see them, they're going back, no longer trust this Company (VIVOSUN), their Vent Kit is Cheap Chinese CRAP, going to check the tent now, it looks well made it's NOT a VIVOSUN, still gonna check every seam & Zipper! I Hate a Company that spends more money on their Corporate ID then their Products!

I just burnt VIVOSUN down with this review of their Products...

Like most all Cheap Chinese Crap, there are no real useable Instructions, just a Commercial for their other $hit. I opened the Filter Box & was instantly covered in Carbon from the Filter, the Bag that wrapped it was full of it, as was the Box...even the Bag Leaked! Here are the instructions for Putting it all together:
1 - Remove any plastic from fan blade. (DUH)
2 - Check airflow direction (DOUBLE DUH)
3 - Attach mounting hardware (No illustration, no nothing, the diagram shows you how to Plug it in)
THAT'S IT...THIS IS BULL$HIT SENDING ENTIRE ORDER BACK, GONNA ORDER SPIDER FARMER!

All this is 100% true, sure I could eventually figure it all out, but I didn't buy USED Figure it out goods...I bought New, don't feel like figuring it out goods. Not sure how much carbon those filters hold/use...but at least an ounce is on my living room floor, in the Bag/Box or on me...IS THIS NORMAL? Really bummed out right now, I dread even seeing the Lights when they get here Wednesday, don't even want to see them, they're going back, no longer trust this Company (VIVOSUN), their Vent Kit is Cheap Chinese CRAP, going to check the tent now, it looks well made it's NOT a VIVOSUN, still gonna check every seam & Zipper! I Hate a Company that spends more money on their Corporate ID then their Products!
Everything inexpensive is made in China…

Everything inexpensive is made in China…
I ordered my first grow tent as a kit from spider farmer. It came with everything I needed for the first grow and although the “directions” were not all that great there were enough pics and with some YouTube help on where to install the filter and vent fan (as you have choices…) everything went up without a hitch. I have been very happy with all of the quality of their products. The tent kit could have been purchased seperatly I’m sure with using no name products but I usually make a decision based on customer reviews. I’m sorry that this happened to you. Nobody wants to spend a lot of money and see anything inferior come in their boxes. I think you will like the spider farmer order. Sorry you have to wait but they ship pretty quick so it shouldn’t be that long. I do hope your tent is ok after unpacking it it would be a bastard getting it back in that box it came in. Good luck with your new order and keep your chin up, things will turn around soon. This is just one of many times in your future that things don’t go perfectly as planned. There are alway many ups and downs in growing weed and riding that rollercoaster can be a real thrill or a panic attack. You will get more use to things not going the way you planned it and will get better at adjusting your disappoint button to a higher tolerance level. Good Luck @Fungus Amungus 🥰
just realized I wrote this on Fogeys response. silly me😜

Sorry everyone, I just blew my Top when the first thing I opened covered me in Carbon (Charcoal) Dust, I have a bad Irish/German Temper that's taken years to get under control, learned a while back that writing about it, cools me off. Still mad at VIVOSUN, their instructions, are filled with "We are not responsible if... disclaimers. Someone or a group of someones musta sued their A$$'s Off!

Is it common to have Carbon dust fall out of the Filter during shipment, or have I got a Legit complaint?

Sorry everyone, I just blew my Top when the first thing I opened covered me in Carbon (Charcoal) Dust, I have a bad Irish/German Temper that's taken years to get under control, learned a while back that writing about it, cools me off. Still mad at VIVOSUN, their instructions, are filled with "We are not responsible if... disclaimers. Someone or a group of someones musta sued their A$$'s Off!

Is it common to have Carbon dust fall out of the Filter during shipment, or have I got a Legit complaint?
I bought a vivosun sun 6" inline fan with carbon filter, I have no complaints and it didn't come with carbon dust. May have been treated rough in shipping. Takes the smell out and saved me compared to other options.

I have a few carbon filters. I have found carbon dust in a couple of them when unpacking but not a lot of it. Usually just inside the filter housing though.

In my Never Ending Search for Original Genetically Pure Sativa Strains...I stumbled across 2 Seed Banks that have, until now, eluded me. The first one has an entire collection of Supposedly Pure Seeds from around the World...

World of Seeds

and the Second is...

I Love Growing Marijuana

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of these Companies & if they're trustworthy or not?

Still cannot find any Mango Biche (what we called Columbian Red Bud), another I just remembered is ThunderFu*k, have seen Alaskan ThunderFu*k, but not sure it's the same thing. Anyway, on with the search. Will be glad when the Shopping is over & growing begins, ready to start Popping Seeds.

I purchased from ILGM but was not happy with my last seeds. They were willing to exchange but I was leery to buy from them again. Not saying that they don’t have good seeds tho. Great Lake genetics I agree is good. Ordered from them as well my last order of seeds. Very quick shipping quality packaging and freebies too

Just a word on ThunderFu*k, I bought an Ounce from a fellow worker, who said a friend had Created it thru Cross Breeding & rolled & smoked one in my car after work (5:00pm)...at Midnight I was still sitting there & still too Fked up to drive, the next day I GAVE it back to my Co-worker, who said his friend wouldn't take it back & I said just to take it, way too much for me!

you tell ‘em Fungus!
I did tell them Last Night, they made the Mistake of sending me a "How do you like us So Far" email...so I told them and included my Review. They messaged back saying my Request What Request? is now being reviewied by their Committee on New Offers. HUH? What Offer? even told them I was currently giving them FREE ADVERTISING...have a feeling I'll be hearing more from these Pinheads!

Just a word on ThunderFu*k, I bought an Ounce from a fellow worker, who said a friend had Created it thru Cross Breeding & rolled & smoked one in my car after work (5:00pm)...at Midnight I was still sitting there & still too Fked up to drive, the next day I GAVE it back to my Co-worker, who said his friend wouldn't take it back & I said just to take it, way too much for me!
I would not smoke an entire joint by myself with how potent weed is these days but the again, one hit is usually all I need. I am a lightweight…

My lungs wont let me smoke to much at one time without coughing my fking head off. 🤪

Latest posts

Back