first GJ, many auto strains, 1000w HPS, 2x4x6.5ft tent.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokinherper

python reguis addict!!!
Reaction score
well this will be my first grow. theese are the strains i have:
World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder Autoflowering Feminized
SAGARMATHA SEEDS Strawberry D-Lite Feminized
Short Stuff Seeds Onyx
Short Stuff Seeds Mi5
they are sending me 1 free bean of these strains aswell(which is awesome): BUDDHA SEEDS DEIMOS AUTOFLOWERING FEMINIZED
BUDDHA SEEDS RED DWARF FEMINIZED AUTO
BUDDHA SEEDS QUASAR FEMINIZED
BUDDHA SEEDS WHITE DWARF FEMINIZED AUTO
Buddha Seeds Syrup Automatic Feminized coming soon
Emerald Triangle Seeds Emerald Jack Feminized
Emerald Triangle Seeds Grapefruit Krush Feminized
Emerald Triangle Seeds Super Sour OG Feminized

i planted them all about 2 days ago, maybe a little less. i have heat tape and a thermostat keeping the temp of the cubes right. i plan to use this 400w metal halide set up the way is is in the pic. the temps are well under control, the glass is like 1/2 inch thick. but is there such a thing as too many watts? i was originally going to use cfl's but i have the 400 watter just laying around. can this cause any harm?

heres whats going on now.

example of how im useing the theremostat

here the tent they will be moved to

im a newb so all and any pointers will be appreciated.

cropped.png

cropd.png

kroped.png

You need to save the pics to this site and not load from another, this is your issue. Use either paint (already on computer) or I use Picasa to edit and size, then post here...simple!!

400w MH will veg, a T5 will also do this at a bit of a cheaper operating cost, but the 400 will veg fine, just need to keep the plants far enough away as to not burn the tops (check with back of hand, if not too hot then OK for plants). Getting too far away will promote stretch, too close means burns...be careful!

Have you got ventilation figured out? What about bud lighting? The MH is ok for vegging, but HPS is the favorite for budding (or a mix of both).

Good luck and if you don't mind, I'll pull up a chair and watch!!!

picnik is also really simple. its what I use :D

Roddy said:
You need to save the pics to this site and not load from another, this is your issue. Use either paint (already on computer) or I use Picasa to edit and size, then post here...simple!!

400w MH will veg, a T5 will also do this at a bit of a cheaper operating cost, but the 400 will veg fine, just need to keep the plants far enough away as to not burn the tops (check with back of hand, if not too hot then OK for plants). Getting too far away will promote stretch, too close means burns...be careful!

Have you got ventilation figured out? What about bud lighting? The MH is ok for vegging, but HPS is the favorite for budding (or a mix of both).

Good luck and if you don't mind, I'll pull up a chair and watch!!!

please watch and watch me closely:eek: i'd hate to screw this up. the third pic is where they will be going when they grow a couple sets of leaves. did ya'll see the pics?

they have sprouted!
how often do you generally have to water the cubes in the dome?

100_2252.JPG

100_2253.JPG

off topic but i noticed that the tent i'll be useing for this auto grow will hold 72 4" cubes. i have a 10'x10' tent set up for hydro. could i make the small tent my veg tent and large flowering? i guess what im really asking is will the plants be large enough in the 4" cubes to move straight into a flowering light cycle?

just about everyone is up and out. there are a few that have fully sprouted, but are still stuck in the shell. should i try to remove it?

is anyone even looking at my grow journal?!?:( i check this thread like every 5 minutes to see if anyone has said anything. this is my first grow and im really excited. i'd like to share that excitement somehow. i cant talk to anyone else or show anyone else. just let me know your still with me. i know its just boring seedling pics to everyone but me.(im through whining)

they dont seem to have any stretch im them. i've planted many seeds ( never finished one) and they have always been a couple inchs stretched by this point indoors or outdoors. is this because they are autos? or is it because they have no need to stretch with that 400w so close?

100_2255.JPG

Shouldnt there be more moisture in that chamber? Arnt you supposed to spray the top daily? Oh and I feel the same way some times TokinHerper, some days it just seems like no one is out there anymore! lol I think ive posted the last 7 posts in my thread besides one, lol but its ok! Everything is lookin good to me, might wanna moisten that up a bit I think.... Good luck man and hang in there!

I think u will only be able to fit 4 plants in the small tent for flowering..IMHO

rotten_socks420 said:
Shouldnt there be more moisture in that chamber? Arnt you supposed to spray the top daily? Oh and I feel the same way some times TokinHerper, some days it just seems like no one is out there anymore! lol I think ive posted the last 7 posts in my thread besides one, lol but its ok! Everything is lookin good to me, might wanna moisten that up a bit I think.... Good luck man and hang in there!

i've just been keeping water in the bottom tray. its right on the heat tape so it gets a little steamy. i'll start misting them now. i have to go out of town for like 4 days this week. will they be ok by themselves our do i need to have someone tending to them? i was hopeing to just give them a good watering and they would be ok for a few days. thanks for the replies/entertainment:D

v35b said:
I think u will only be able to fit 4 plants in the small tent for flowering..IMHO

i would be flowering in a 10x10. im asking if the 4 inch rockwool cubes could sustain plants in veg until they are ready to move to the flowering tent?

tokinherper said:
hydro, ebb & flo flood tables

i was actually thinking about instead of useing pots, just filling up my flood tables with hydroton.

tokinherper said:
i was actually thinking about instead of useing pots, just filling up my flood tables with hydroton.
You would most likely run into over crowding because the roots will be free to grow into to its neighbors, just a thought. Also 4 days should hurt them as long as you water them right before you leave and right when you get back. I have always been under to impression that you should mist the top of the inside of the dome not the plants them selves once a day, if anyone has any knowledge about the misting that'd be kool.

tokinherper said:

How many gallons will it hold? I would think about 4-5gal/plant.

v35b said:
How many gallons will it hold? I would think about 4-5gal/plant.

75 gallons only fills it up 3/4 so i'd say 100 gallons. will the cubes work in the veg tent??

Ye as long as you have the space..U need to give the roots lots of space to grow..Root growth=plant growth...

well im back from my San Diego trip and it was FANTASTIC!!!!! despite some downfalls i had a blast and the people are great and it was sucha beautiful place. everywhere i looked was something beautiful! i had planned to go to the seedless party where snoop dogg was playing, but i re-newed my expired license before leaving and apparentlly now they give you a temperary paper i.d. and mail you your real one. so they wouldnt let me in. it sucked. i had a 6 gram/8 strain blunt rolled for the show(i know its a waste but i bought way too much and couldn't fly home with it). but i smoked it with some awesome locals which was best anyways. i wanted to try the best strains in the despisaries. the locals hooked me up. i tried:
grape ape
L.A. confidentail (2 strains)
strawberry cough
blackberry
bomb berry
purple skittles
day dream
lemon OG
XJ-13
black kush
green crack
cheese

no way i could pick a favorite.
heres where the plants are right now. everything germed and sprouted but one of the Mi5 couldnt get out of the seed and died while i was gone. hopefully that would've been a male anyway:D how soon should i move them to soil and HPS?

100_2391.jpg

100_2393.jpg

Latest posts

Back