First grow coming together

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweela

Reaction score
So, I've constructed my 2 x 2 x 4 tent in my side of the closet. Still need to hang the light, a cheap led full spectrum. I still need to put in a ventilation/odor system. Hopefully I can keep odor to a minimum, or at least not waft out the window. If anyone has any advice on what to get for that, I would appreciate it. Seeds should be here tomorrow. Green Crack auto. I'm going with soil in 3 gal felt pots. I might run tomatoes and or peppers until I get used to indoor growing equipment and get a couple of minor legal things dealt with. This is Washington. It's legal to grow if you have a medical card.

I have FF Ocean Forest and FF Light Warrior Seed Starter coming. I also have some coco. Unless there's a good reason not to, I'd like to avoid dealing with a transplant. Can I just plant in a depression in soil and let it grow into the better soil. Should I add anything? Am I likely to have gnats exploding from the bag? Will a 3lb bag be enough room for this auto?

You can start from seed directly in whatever pot you intend to grow in. That's the way I do it. Fox farm soil is already loaded so I wouldn't use any nutrients yet. Only need to put seeds about a 1/2" down

I think a three gallon bag will be good. I ran my current autos in 2Gallon pots but plan to change to 3 gallon pots next time I grow autos as they keep a bit more water available to the plant.

all the best on your grow!

plenty of experienced indoor tent growers here to help you from start to finish!

I see you are working on ventilation. In a closet you could have heat issues. A carbon filter with a good exhaust fan will help with odor but be sure you have a good source of fresh air going into the closet.

Can I just plant in a depression in soil and let it grow into the better soil.
Like layered? - I would do a thorough mix of your soil before you plant and not layer it. FF if not mixed, every once in a while can have hot spots.
Am I likely to have gnats exploding from the bag?
I don't know about Exploding but unfortunately (in my experiences only) YES somewhat but if you take some time poking around here you should be able to get it under control in short order and def before your autos start budding.
Will a 3lb bag be enough room for this auto?
3 Lb - 3 Gal - The short answer is yes. I would do 5 gal filled up with about 4 gal of soil. Again, I think after you get a run or 2 under your belt you're going to want to switch to the 5 galon ones. Auto's can be a little unpredictable in my experience as to when they will start to flower. It is not like you can just switch them to 12/12 once you are ready. End up rootbound with the buds just starting show.

My experience and opinions only... Look up as much as you can absorb by a character named "Carty" from this forum. Haven't seen him lately but he is an auto flower guru of sorts.

Yep,, now Carty can go dancing and do the twist. Come on baby,,lets do the twist. Cubby Checkers. 😁
R.68b93b9f5eb0b58a93d204c0c07a0b3d

I've read everything I can find, especially Carty's stuff. Heat and humidity are going to be interesting to deal with. That whole room gets stuffy in the winter. It's always humid.

The seeds and soil are here. Hopefully all will go well. I will definitely have to contend with high humidity. Current outside humidity is 75% or so and we haven't hit the winter rain yet.

So, I've constructed my 2 x 2 x 4 tent in my side of the closet. Still need to hang the light, a cheap led full spectrum. I still need to put in a ventilation/odor system. Hopefully I can keep odor to a minimum, or at least not waft out the window. If anyone has any advice on what to get for that, I would appreciate it. Seeds should be here tomorrow. Green Crack auto. I'm going with soil in 3 gal felt pots. I might run tomatoes and or peppers until I get used to indoor growing equipment and get a couple of minor legal things dealt with. This is Washington. It's legal to grow if you have a medical card.

I have FF Ocean Forest and FF Light Warrior Seed Starter coming. I also have some coco. Unless there's a good reason not to, I'd like to avoid dealing with a transplant. Can I just plant in a depression in soil and let it grow into the better soil. Should I add anything? Am I likely to have gnats exploding from the bag? Will a 3lb bag be enough room for this auto?

You get gnats from soil that has a lot of wood chips in it. They add that because it is natural. You shouldn't have a problem with the soils you ordered. I have gotten bags with gnats from Lowes and Walmart.

I have made a depression in the soil and put seed starter in it and I lost one seed and another did grow. So, I haven't tried it again. If you grow a lot you will lose plants but you try not to.

Latest posts

Back