First Grow - Comments/Advice Welcome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBoost

Reaction score
Well this is my first attempt at growing, so far I've got 2 kryp plants started. One is about a week old the other is about 2 weeks. I have pictures from week one and were going on week two. I was looking at Big Bud's grow and His plants seemed to have grown alot faster than mine I really don't know too much about this aside from watering and monitoring the PH level. I was told 6-8 weeks I can transfer then into my Hydroponic system and I won't even have to worry about watering them but how much should I be watering them as of right now ?

Setup
Plants in Galon Pots
4 150w Compressed Halogen Bulbs w/hood about 3-4'' away from the plants.
Miracle Grow potting soil ( I was told after I started that that may have been a mistake , not sure yet )

Here are the pictures from week 1 after sprouting
The first one wasn't put under the light as early as I'd like to so it stretched out some, the other one got light early so its kinda short.

stuff3.jpg

weed009.jpg

Week1.jpg

weed023.jpg

Here are pics of the first plant almost 2 weeks, 2nd plant about a week.

Weed028.jpg

Weed029.jpg

Weed030.jpg

Weed031.jpg

ok looking good the stretched one should be fine just put soil around it so that your soil is up to the top of the cup. because those stems are very fragile trust me i broke one and it took me 2 1/2 weeks to get it to grow roots again. as for your miracle grow i dont use it but one of the vets here TBG does and has great results check his grows if your interested. also get a fan on those itll beef up those stems real nice. other than that good luck ill be watchin some green mojo goin your way:D :D

learnin to gro said:
ok looking good the stretched one should be fine just put soil around it so that your soil is up to the top of the cup. because those stems are very fragile trust me i broke one and it took me 2 1/2 weeks to get it to grow roots again. as for your miracle grow i dont use it but one of the vets here TBG does and has great results check his grows if your interested. also get a fan on those itll beef up those stems real nice. other than that good luck ill be watchin some green mojo goin your way:D :D

Alright I'll check out a fan, I was wondering how to beef up the stems a little bit. I'll post up some pics after a few more days, thanks again!

Whats up BigBoost. I see ya got yourself a nice little set up with some babies. Get a bit more dirt in the cups like LTG said and a fan blowing and you should be fine. ;)

Just wanted to post a quick update, its the beggining of week 3, I got a fan a few days ago and the stalks are starting to beef up a little, their looking good to the best of my knowledge, my light fixture slowly went down a little bit and started burning the tips of 2 of the leaves on the taller plant but I raised it back up and I havn't had a problem since. Here are some pictures, the taller one is about 4-5 days older than the shorter one. I never added any soil to the pots I'm just going to wait until I transplant them again. Should I leave them in the gallon pots until the 6 week mark when I transfer them into the hydro system, or should I put them in a 5 gallon bucket before I put them in the hydro setup??

Here is the older of the 2.
Weed007.jpg

Weed001.jpg

Weed002.jpg

Here is the younger shorter one, that was under the light alot sooner so it didn't stretch like the other one.

Weed003.jpg

Weed005.jpg

Weed004.jpg

Your babies are looking great. IMHO they should be fine in the gallon pots until you put them into the hydro system.

Had a quick question, on the shorter of the two the lower leaves are beggining to turn yellow, I'm assuming its because they arn't getting as much light anymore because of being covered up, should I clip them or let them grow, or any other sugguestions, is there any reason why one of my plants has kinda droopy fat leaves and the others leaves are completly erect, is that due to it being of different strands ? Or is there a way to correct this.

ClapOnCannabis said:
Kryp plants? Any chance youre in Florida?

lol, im scared to answer this, but yes, there kryp plants, yes im in florida, north florida to be specific.

i think you should leave them in the 1 gal pots 1 week until your about to put them in to flower so that why i gives them a week of healing once you transplnt them to the 5 gallon pots. plus since you have just two plants you should leave them in the soil and flower them so you will know if they are male or female. then once you have found out. take cutting form the female and put those in your hydro again leave you mothers in the soil pots so you will have ready cuttings when you need them

Latest posts

Back