First grow ever!! Any tips?

Flower

Reaction score
How funny, I was born in Scituate Mass. & moved to Chicago in “72 … my dad like u always called Massachusetts taxachusetts…
Anyway, ph test samples here turn water “purple” off the charts.
I’ve made several friends wives aware of this for watering house plants, & now they go thru extra pain in the ass of properly ph water & wow my plants actually grow…they say, yep we are living on limestone here in MO.

My water comes from a spring out back that flows directly out of a small limestone cave.
My water is always at 7.
I just kind of assumed that any water flowing through limestone would naturally have a neutral ph, because, well, it’s lime.

oldfogey8

Grouch
Reaction score
My water comes from a spring out back that flows directly out of a small limestone cave.
My water is always at 7.
I just kind of assumed that any water flowing through limestone would naturally have a neutral ph, because, well, it’s lime.
I think lime is used to raise the pH of soil. I saw articles that say it’s pH is 10+.

Bubba

Reaction score
My water is always at 7.
You should consider getting a still with that limestone water! It's supposed to be the best for whiskey.
Bubba

boo

old goat
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
My water is always at 7.
I live on an island of lime stone and it is some of the most alkaline water you could possibly use. I would highly suggest getting a pH pen and testing your water pH before you feed your plants. I have to put 9 mL of pH down in 5 gallons of water to get my balance to 6.2. I have also stopped using Cal Meg as the minerals in my water seem to do a fine job. Like others have mentioned, every day is a new learning experience when you’re growing marijuana

Latest posts