first grow ever help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good first attempt but you have a soil problem, it looks so compact I'm afraid the roots are having a hard time getting air. This also affects your wet dry cycle. The plant looks healthy, it is just sorta small and stretched for a five week old plant. I would re-pot that into some seed starter mix..... Fox Farms Light Warrior is a good one, but not the only one. You want your mix to be "light" it needs to hold some moisture but drain well, she don't like it when her feet are wet. And I'm not sure what type of lighting you have but it is not sufficient, the plant is stretching because its looking for better light. I think you have a good start and everything that needs to be addressed is fairly easy and when you re-pot bury the stem up to the 1st set of leaves and you will be set. Hopefully that was helpful. :)

Well, how do I say this gently? She is green and that is good. Do you have lights? She is stretching already because she isn't under the right light.

The soil looks not so good. Looks like it has no drainage or much air for the roots. At 5 weeks she isn't doing so hot.

Ok, but you are here now and we all can help. What is you plan for this fragile baby? Out doors? Indoors? Tell us.
PS, Glad you are here.. welcome to the best place to learn.

As others have said, soil & light appear to be big issues.

After that, having a fan blowing lightly on her will help strengthen/thicken the stem.

I have a small fan that's how I got her stem to strengthen up originally, she is under a florescent and two cfl lights as of yesterday was just one cfl. I just bought an all natural organic soil with N to repot her asap. Maybe I need to rethink the positioning of the lights as well. Thank you all, all of the given info has been helpful and reassuring I think if I address those main issues we'll be on our way, sounds funny but we already have a bond haha. I know she wants to grow. Thanks again every one will def. Show her back off in a couple weeks for more feedback.

Been researching for months and know have have tons to learn thank you for being forgiving in your critique.

Yeah that soil is not doing you any favors for sure...it should be a lot bigger for 5 weeks. Better soil and more light are needed.

If you can get away from CFL as she gets bigger, it will benefit you greatly. I know lights are expensive, but THG recommended this one to me (as I'm on a tight budget) and it's gotten me through one successful grow so far: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-GLK600GW19-Digital-Dimmable/dp/B004L3AQ1U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1431799860&sr=8-2&keywords=apollo+600w[/ame]

It's nothing fancy, but it has everything light-wise you need - bulbs, ballast, hood, ratchet hangers. And if you've got more you can spend, the sky is the limit with lighting.

Thank you big help I have another half to answer to haha as far as what I spend....im making lee way with her slowly in how much I spend it takes coaxing haha

It is an intial investment. I was buying before I grew, so in the long run i am saving money, but that is after 7 years growing. Truth of it is, if i was buying i wouldn't be smoking this much too.. Good luck with the wife.. We need her on your side. lol

Ty she's gettin there so far I have gotten permission for multiples and the complete use of one of our four closet. Giving her the growing fever.

She could be a great helper. Invite her to join your grow..Tell her i said hi.

She's def. Getting into it, she researches herself now will come out with random info I love it. I'm hoping it becomes a team effort.

I hope it becomes a team effort, too--that makes it a lot more fun.

Tell us how much money you have to work with and the size of your closets and we can help you. I am going to advise you to do a whole whole bunch of reading and start over.

There really is a reason that cannabis is expensive--it is expensive to set up a proper grow and difficult to grow. It takes about 4 months from seed to harvest and a hundred things can go wrong during that time that can wipe out your crop. The more you know about things like good soil mixtures, what to feed them, how much light and what type of light they need, ventilation needs, nutrient needs, etc, etc. Start with good genetics-do not use bagseed! Do not expect this to be easy or cheap, it isn't. But it is impossible to put into words just how wonderful it is to grow your own and this can be a wonderful hobby for a couple to do together.

So, let us know what you are working with and we will help you get you set up the best we can.

I am considering a complete do over yes because I dont need all my closets occupied with plants because I've had to separate because of growth stages and different grow environments needed. I will get back to you on exact money figures I really want to do this and I want to do it right. I'm am determined as all hell.

This is her after a repot a temporary state of being. She seems much happier just over night. I will continue to baby and nurture only because. But I will be researching a bit more before I start a new batch I hadn't realized how unprepared in material I was. I feel bad trying to keep growing under not ideal conditions. I've put my other sprouts to rest choosing to just concentrate on her in particular for now.

View attachment WP_20150517_18_44_39_Pro.jpg

View attachment WP_20150517_18_44_17_Pro.jpg

well everybody above gave you some great advice! listen an do some research an you will be fine! BtL

You are going to want to get more seeds going right away....but you also need a good place to put them, so let's get you going as soon as we can with a suitable set-up. With an attitude like yours, I am sure that you are going to be a great grower--you have the want and enthusiasm.

The reason that you want more seeds going is that your one little plant could be male or if you used bagseed, it could hermy, or (heaven forbid) it could die.

In addition to the amount of money you can spend on this project, tell us about your closets, do you rent or own your home, what is the summer climate like where you live? This will also help us advise you.

Let's get you growing! Your baby plant looks salvageable, but your new medium looks really barky. While it is better than soil that is too dense, your soil is very important...it is where the plant roots live, breathe, and grow. What exactly is it?

The soil she's in now is organic garden soil brand Just Natural it was what I had at the time and I knew I had to repot her soon which I'm glad I did roots.were growing up the pot walls back to the top. I'm putting together a budget now researching light prices. My closet space I will be using is like 3x3.5 with a half shelf about only 10" from the floor which I thought might prove useful if you need a pic for a better mental pic just let me know.

I do rent but I have permission so they wont have to be suddenly moved just because my landlord needs to look around for any given reason. I live in Connecticut. I am prepared to grow through the cold season. Each one of our rooms has its own thermostat for heat and the closet I'm using is in the third bedroom which is used for nothing so if I got really serious I could use the whole small bedroom.

Would you be allowed to provide me with a good reasonably priced seed site? Hemp Goddess :)

Latest posts

Back