first grow,, finally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bro i would use a mix of the hps and led, the hps will give bigger buds but the led will make them frosty as hell. i'm running a mix of 400w metal halide and warm white 2700k and 3000k leds. if you flower with mh the buds are smaller but better. i know some folks on another site the use just mh and some the use mh and hps then some that use mh hps and led.

AM ,, please don't worry about it,, everyone has their problems,, how r u doing these days?? i'm here Florida,, tryn to get used to this crazy weather,, n U what type of weather u got ??

Giggy how do ya mix the LED n HPS together,, n the CFL's do U use them for on the sides of the plants that r not a lot of light ???

AM ,, please don't worry about it,, everyone has their problems,, how r u doing these days?? i'm here Florida,, tryn to get used to this crazy weather,, n U what type of weather u got ??

Sorry about that Lovbnstoned. It won't happen again.

I'm in the Midwest on the west side of Lake Michigan. The weather here has been cold with freezing rain....YUK. It's better than NY though lol. They got hammered with snow.

How are the young'ns doing so far?

We do worry about it, people like that are just taking their bad day out on others, attacking others because they themselves are under attack. Landing knew he was being a little %#&$@, but he didn't know that that's not appreciated behavior in here. Now...

I'm here in SoCal, weathers been pretty fair, but looks like we do have a doozy of a storm blowing in for Friday, but I will be running up the coast to the Emerald Cup, praying that the storm and I pass each other on my way up, lol.

Giggy how do ya mix the LED n HPS together,, n the CFL's do U use them for on the sides of the plants that r not a lot of light ???
i got a 400w metal halide high bay overhead (1 of 2), as well as 2 par 38 led floods (19 and 20.3 watts) and a wall pack led flood (18 watts) overhead. as time goes i will add my led high bay(78 watts) overhead and move the 2 par38's a little lower. i also have a 100w hps that i set on the low side in the middle to add more red as time goes by. if i use the cfls in this box they will be side lights. you have to be careful with white leds as they will bleach out the plants, i have bleached the sour diesel twice and they were not that close. the last run i had, the smaller leds were about 12" away with no problems, this time it was 18" to 20" away and i had to raise them to stop the bleaching. i'm thinking of turning a old upright freezer to a veg box and will use cfls in it.

Why the heck do you care?

Obviously because I'm curious. Why else would I ask?

Are you just here to troll people or what?

So my harmless question is trolling, despite my having absolutely no history of trolling, but your popping out of the blue and harassing me is A-OKAY?

You really need to keep yourself in check, friend.

AM ,, please don't worry about it,, everyone has their problems,

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. What was your problem? I'm glad you recovered, whatever it was.

Also, good luck on your grow :)

Landing we don't tolerate rudeness as you have displayed on this thread. This is your warning.

Lovb, greenest of mojo for your grow.

doesn't bother me,, n thanks Rosebud,, that was nice of U n hope that things r going well for everyone,, i enjoy friends coming buy to see how my grow is going,,
here a pic,, was wondering,, should i brace the train wrteck sprout ,, that is leaning over,, is that common ??View attachment DSC00060.JPG,, plus the plants r 5 inches from the light is that close enough ???

doesn't bother me,, n thanks Rosebud,, that was nice of U n hope that things r going well for everyone,, i enjoy friends coming buy to see how my grow is going,,
here a pic,, was wondering,, should i brace the train wrteck sprout ,, that is leaning over,, is that common ??View attachment 220532,, plus the plants r 5 inches from the light is that close enough ???

Looking good, I would only brace it if it began to want to kink or fold the stem, other than that I let em ride, and build strength. If I do brace them I usually just bend a lil copper wire in to a holder. Light position is looking a lot better, your lil ones will thank you.lol

looking good, i would only brace it if it began to want to kink or fold the stem, other than that i let em ride, and build strength. If i do brace them i usually just bend a lil copper wire in to a holder. Light position is looking a lot better, your lil ones will thank you.lol
+1

i thank U all for ur helpful knownledge,, n hope that all my fello tokers:joint: n hitters :bong2:stay high

Landing we don't tolerate rudeness as you have displayed on this thread. This is your warning.

Lovb, greenest of mojo for your grow.

I'm sorry.

I was honestly just asking about OP's medical condition.

I didn't realize I was being rude, but since he's not responded to me, I guess he must feel the same.

So, again, sorry OP. It's your choice if you want to keep it private.

here a pic,, was wondering,, should i brace the train wrteck sprout ,, that is leaning over,, is that common ??View attachment 220532,, plus the plants r 5 inches from the light is that close enough ???

i do more then not. i use garbage bag ties, tight on the stake and a big lose loop around the stem. looks like they are moving along.

Is the fixture HO or just regular t-5?

If regular they can just about touch the lamps, HO I keep plants 2-3 inches away.

For starting plants out(vegetative growth) lights are on for 18, and off for 6, unless you're popping "Autos" again, they require 24-0. The light spectrum lamp for this is 5000k-6500k, and the more lamps on the better so... Hope this helps a lil.

Actually, most of us leave our veg lights on all the tome. The 18/6 is more old school thinking--we did use to believe that plants needed a dark period. But we know know that cannabis does not need a "rest" as it is in a class of plants that does not require a dark period. What we have found is that plants that are vegged 24/7 have less stretch and more bud sites than those vegged 18/6. In addition, it will veg faster as it it getting 25% more light than the 18/6 plants.

Even T5HOs should be able to be kept pretty much right on top of the plants. I do not get burn unless my plants actually grow right into the light where leaves are resting against the tubes. You are getting the stretch because your lights are too far away. You are probably going to want to think about repotting them soon and burying the stem....and then keep those lights right on top of the plants.

What is your medium? It looks a bit dense--don't see anything like perlite in the mix. I am wondering about the drainage capability of the soil as it looks "muddy". If you need to change medium, this would be the time to do it.

Latest posts

Back