First Grow got wind burn!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what I'm thinking is... if you are really worried about anything... put a fan in there to get the air moving around in the box... and damn!... your stuff turned out nice from the first pics u posted at the start. great job :D

Yeah, I bought an oscillating fan small enough to fit in my little box, but I was going to wait 'til the end of this grow to mount it. I suppose I may as well do it, but I've been so busy lately. I was also thinking about your comments about nutes. I understand the nutrient neccessties, but I didn't understand why my good Fox Farm Soil seemed to not provide enough N for a Jock Horror seed to get going. It seems that strain just needs a bit more N than others as I have some bagseed growing next to one in a new grow that have done fine in the exact same conditions. I've been using FF Grow big and my urine to revive them. That works, but I wonder if I'm sacrificing some yield by tweaking the PH, even if it's just a tiny bit. Your comments made me consider buying some bottles of straight N for Jock Horror seeds.

I'm also planning on taking some JH Clones. Do you think the clones will require the same type of N boost at the beginning? I know I can use a rooting gel, but I bet the soil will need to be rich with Nitrogen to keep them going.

Can't wait!!! Harvest is 'round the corner!

ok... I'm probably wrong, but here's what I'm thinking... nitrogen is important in the vegging stage, quite obviously. giving nitro boosts to seedlings and clones (at the start) is advised against. I agree it would be advantages early on, I would go really weak at first, however. for clones, which is how I generally propegate, I just soak the peat pellets in a weak rooting solution, along with the rooting hormone on the cuttings (some samples I'm using up, and seems to work 'the cat's but').

once you got roots, then the nitrogen heavier ferts can be used - that's what I do... for my vegetables, I mean... :hubba:

and the thing about your apparent nitrogen dificiency... commercial potting soil is suppost to be just that... just soil - no nutes.
the reason the nitrogen is deficient for your levels, is cuz it is being used up the most by the plant, so therefor needs to be added.

k... i'm gunna stop talking now

No - keep talking - and thanks for that. This is my thinking almost exactly and it certainly helps when someone can confirm my inexperienced logic. So no extra nutes other than cloning solution 'til they root. Then, I'll start them with a 1/4 strength watering.
I don't think the mystery strain will require the same care. They do just fine a bit longer before requiring nutes.

Thanks again!

More pictures to come this week.

just a quick update --

I've harvested and am in the process of drying/curing the buds.

It's winter and my apartment gets mighty dry, do to the GFA heat blowing all the time. The mystery strain felt like it dried way to quickly when I had it hanging upside down. After about 3 days, it was crumbling and the stems were about at that snapping point. I jarred them. Their moisture level seems to have balanced out.

My Jock Horror strain I harvested a week later. I skipped the hanging porting and went right into the brown paper bag. Left that there for about a week and they also became crumbly, but not quite at the point of snapping twigs. I jarred it anyway and have been opening the jars and pulling all the buds out every day. Removing fan leaves as they dry off completely (there aren't many left to begin with. Separating the buds a bit to let the inner reaches breathe a bit.

They seem to be doing well, but it they smell a little odd. I don't see any mold, but maybe I'm missing something? It seems that when I let them air out a bit, they smell like good buds- more normal, but when I first open the jar, they stink awful. Could that just be the smell of the mystery strain?

Anyway, they smoke report of a quick dried bud... on a scale of 1-10 - jock horror gets about a 7.5. It doesn't have a big flavor (though I'm hoping the cure will improve that) but it does have a fairly strong high. It is quite cerebral. No draggy sleepy feeling. Definitely better than the mystery strain which isn't as strong and definitely more of an indica high.

Anyway that's it for now...

maybe it smells cuz ur pourin piss on ur plants? justa thought.LOL

Latest posts

Back