First Grow got wind burn!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and what should I be eating/drinking before dosing?

dont really matter, your body strips it of viables to us anyway, give her a good whirl and just pee on em outside or in the shower or something lol

I'm tesing Nitrogen and PH in my urine. (I know, funny)

I diluted it with water. The water I know has a balanced PH from previous tests.

The sample shows a pH of about 5.0 or 5.5, acid. The Nitrogen is still processing.

Won't that through the PH of my soil off if I use it to try to fix a nitrogen deficiencey?

welp as i see, lol you gotta do something, might as well try it

or go pay some money for superthrive and bat guano.

I don't mind doing that. I'm just puzzled by the soil. It supposed to have Bat Guano in it. Could it have been depleted in such a short time. I should test a bit of fresh shoil just to see. I've already added Grow Big, but it's 6 4 4 and my soil test shows a slight surplus of Phosphorus. So it seems this is a combination of N def and P surplus? What are teh symptoms of Phos surplus. I didn't find any in the guides. Can anyone shed some light here?

I also included a picture of my ghetto humidifier and a reptile terranium humidifier I bought. I saw plans to make one online, but this wasn't expensive, about $20. I figured this and the ghetto one together would work well. My box now reads only 35%RH. I'm experimenting with the exhaust fan. Perhpas it's too strong and is drawing the moiture out too quickly. I turned it off to see if the humidity goes up. The ghetto humidifier cools the air, so I'm hoping it will have an AC effect and keep the temps from getting to high. If this works, I'm going to get a lower CFM rated fan.

I'm nervous about using the urine fert. I just added Grow big, so I want to wait and see what happens. What do you guys think? I tested it with the soil test kit I have and it says it has adequate Nitrogen. If I put it in with the Grow big, that would be too much, right? Wait 'til next feeding?

PICT0017.JPG

PICT0018.JPG

PICT0019.JPG

PICT0020.JPG

PICT0021.JPG

PICT0022.JPG

PICT0023.JPG

PICT0024.JPG

The ladies look better today. Leaves are up and perky, I think the Grow Big and a diltuted dose of my own urine seems to have made them happy. I"m gonna keep them on just the Grow Big now. Next watering will they'll get 1/4 dose.

Things are looking up!

Hooray for nitrogen!

They are so much happier today.

Now I think I've finally hit my stride. The box is till a bit dry at a consisten 30% RH. Not bad for flower, low mold possibilities and more resin. But my seedling state can be accomodated with a humidity dome, which I'm keeping over them. Under the domes, the humidty is up to about 60% RH. I'll do this 'til they outgrow the dome or I sex them, whichever comes first. This should increase my chances of females, yes?

THANKS for the TIPS EVERYONE!
:fid:

PICT0025.JPG

PICT0026.JPG

PICT0027.JPG

PICT0028.JPG

PICT0029.JPG

YES, glad to see your ladies(fingers crossed) pull through, those are looking way way way better, you know what might help them a bit with the shock is some superthrive, its micro nutrients(mainly vitamin b-12) that the plant can access immidiately

dc

p.s. looks like those lil leaves are reachin up for the light, hows your light situated?

get a pic of that ;P

The lights were farther away, to help keep temps down while I was trying to sort out why they were dying. I'm pretty confident they needed N now, so I moved the lights back about 3-4 inches from their tops to get them closer now. TEmps stay around 82 when they're closer instead of about 78 when they are farther. I think they'll be ok like that as others have commented they their rooms get hotter. Plus, 82 feels kinda nice on a summer day, so I imagine the plants don't mind if I don't.

I bet they're going to take off now. This is the end of week 3. They sprouted on Oct 17th. I was going to flower them at 4 weeks. We'll see what they look like then. I might go an extra week or two, but I'd really like to harvest by 2nd week of January. So we'll see. Since they're stunted, they're only about the size of 1 or 2 weeks.

Lesson learned - When using Fox Farms Ogranic Soil (not FF Ocean Floor, which I should have got) it is important to give nutes, especially Nitorgen, right at two weeks or at the first sign of yellowing at the cotyledon.

THanks again

Time for an update!

Everything's coming along swimingly!
My OG plant that was near death is really strong now! I didn't think it would make it. Once it got some nutes, it took off. Flowering cycle to start soon!

I want to clone soon. I posted a question in the propagation forum. Check it out along with some cool new pictures...

here's the link
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=173929&posted=1#post173929

Well, know you all prefer differnt lights for flower, but I'm using CFL's for my mini grow.

I've got (6) 2600 lumens CFL bulbs above the ladies under a reflector of mylar and carboard. In each of the four corners of my 2.56 sq ft box are 1300 lument CFLs. Those will stay on the sides of the plants as they grow taller. That's a combined 20,800 lumens, distributed around the box. That gives me 8,125 lumens per sq ft, well over the suggested 5000 lumens/sq ft for flower. I expect good results.

I just set my timers and the first dark cyce of 12 /12 will begin tonight at 8pm. The seeds sprouted the 16th of october. So they are exactly 1 month old.

New Pictures soon... :D

i have those same lights and if u leave the metal on they get way to hot even with the 2 im using. u should take the metal off and keep the light close to the tops of the plants.

Thansk for the tips one love -

The metal actually didn't get hot at all. Actually, I think it worked like a heatsink, distributing the heat from the CFL balast. I changed them anyway, so that I can have them all on one chain. I took a $7 bathroom light bar from Home Depot and put some of those y connectors to hold two bulbs. I made a reflector with mylar backed with some cardboard. So much better and easier to work with.

As for nutes, I feel good about the schedule they're on. I tested the soil and had a deficiency of Nitrogen and surplus of Phosphorus. I had them on a schedule with Fox Farms grow big, but they showed signs of that phosphorus surplus, which masks as an Iron defficiency. I did some reading and found a phosphorus surplus can do this. So, I gave them a water flush and a dilute dose of urine. I'm going to give them one more water and then one more feeding of Grow big. Then I'm going to switch to Tiger Bloom as I just started the flower cycle.

UPDATE: Here are some pictures -
Jock Horror, Seeds Sprouted Oct 16th.
3 week of 24 hour light with (7) 1300 lumens 5500k CFL's
1 week of 18/6
2 days of 12/12 with (6) 2600 lumens and (2) 1300 lumens 2700k cfl's. The two smaller bulbs are in the back corners of the box and will stay on the sides of the plants. I'll be adding 2 more of the 2600 lumens CFl's for the front corners of my box.

They are being LSt'd also, and are already showing multiple grow sites.

Fingers crossed for ladies!

PICT0030.JPG

PICT0033.jpg

PICT0034.jpg

you got the right idea with the heatsink, lol you peepee plants are lookin awesome!!! glad that they survived.

Dc

Been flowering since the 16th of November now- about a week. Out of 3 plants, it appears one is male. The other two appear female. Hopefully they;ll stay that way. Pictures haven't come out clear enough to confirm sex with you guys. I'll try this week with a different camera. No good macro lens available.

What should I do with the male? It's LST'd and I suppose if grown straight it would be about 12- 14 inches tall. Lots of nice fan leaves. Should I try that alcohol has oil I've seen made here. Isopropyl alcohol to soaked and drained leaves, alcohol evaporates leaving some hash like goop. Will it be worth the trouble? It sure is a stinky plant. Can scent be a measure of potency/THC content?

Thanks!

Well, here are my ladies!!
I've been flowering for about 3 weeks now. Things are lookin pretty good. THey look a bit sick, but I think it's because I had to leave em for a little over a week for a business trip, so they didn't get their regualr feeding shcedule. Looks like a nute deficieny, yes? I gave them a regular dose of Tiger Bloom yesdterday. I'll give them a foliar feeding of TIger today. I'll wait anotehr day or two and give them a little bit of a heavier dose, then back to normal feeding.

The drag is I have two more week long business trips before harvest. I'll have to look into a drip system I suppose. They seemed to do ok with water, but they certainly needed the nutes. After the trip, the soil was dry, but not as dry as I was expecting. Just a lot of yellowing. Oh well. I'll come up with some plan. Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks everyone! I can't believe i'm about a third of the way with flower! I'm planning on letting em go about 10-12 weeks. We'll see.

PICT0046.jpg

PICT0047.jpg

Latest posts

Back