First Grow got wind burn!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been giving my ladies double doses of Tiger Bloom and they are turning a nice dark green. The leaves around the bloom are covered with crystals. They are looking great. I"ll take some more pictures later this week!!

WOO HOO!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Here are the latest pics.

I've also taken a shot of the new veg box I made. It's just a single storage bin with (4) 1300 lumen CFL's. I lined the inside with mylar, including the lid. I put an exhaust fan on the bottom of the box, but because I want it to extract the heat from the top of the box, I created a channel with some cardboard and duct tape. Passive intake on the bottom front of the box. IT's really small/short, but I'll LST the plants and only veg them for about 4- 6 weeks. in there - then into the flower box. It's also really warm - 84 on the bottom of the box and up to 90 at the top. I figure this will be ok for veg. As long as I'm vigilante. I'm considering adding a low CFM intake fan to see if that cools it down in there.

PICT0048.jpg

PICT0049.jpg

PICT0053.jpg

Started some new seeds. Keep watching for updates on this batch. I"m going to start a new Journal for the new Jock Horror seedlings. Same strain, but I've built a veg box and want to document progress with it. It's pretty short, so I hope to LST these gals and develop a bonsai mamma.

I'm about 4 weeks or so from harvest of this batch, so the thinking is, at that time, I'll have some space free up in the Flower box. I'm also gonna switch from round buckets to small square pots. It will give me uniformity and maximize my space. They'll definitely be micro grows, but this way I can be harvesting every few weeks. I bet this way I'll be able to get at least 3/4 of an ounce ever few weeks. I only smoke a few times a week, and in small doses. A gram lasts me 2 weeks at least. With that much bud I can share with friends.

As for these ladies, they are growin great. One is becoming quite bushy with many bud sights. the other is a bit more squat single cola. I tried to LST it, but it didn't develop nearly as many grow tips. A couple of baby ones. But the main bud is certainly the largest. I'll take some more pics soon. They already look quite different.

May i say the ladies are looking great. :aok: Like i always say whatever your doing keep it up because the ladies will reward you in the end. ;)

Looking great! Nice and tight. Is that from LST'n?

Thanks guys!

I suppose the LST does help keep them tight, as it allows the light to penetrate more. However, I've had the lights right on top of these ladies - within 2-3 inches - from the begining, so that's probably why they are so tight. Also, this is a very small space that I'm working in. I've got (6) 2600 lumen, 2700k CFL bulbs over them. That alone gets me over 6000 lumens per square foot in this small box. Plus, I have (2) of the same bulbs and (2) 1700 lumen bulbs in each of the 4 corners of the box. That's an additional 8600 lumens coming at the plants from the side. They've got plent of light.

I didn't want to go with any HID lights because I didn't want to setup any aditonal cooling system. As it is now, the box stays at a good temp and the plants seem to be thriving. I may be sacrificing a bit in my final yield, but things are looking good so far. I've got about 4-5 more weeks left!

This is why I don't grow inside, too much trouble. Looks like you got em under control though, good work.

Growin indoors has it's pluses and minuses. For a micro grow, just for personal stash, it's perfect. I have a nice hidden space for everything - I can even have people over to my house, my gf's parents, anyone, and they won't be the wiser - no smell - very stealth. You could even be standing right next to my grow box and not know it. Because it's in my place, I can check on it as often as I need. This is my first grow, so I'm checkin' em out every night, except for some business trips. For the next grow, I'll have a better idea of what to expect and can let them go for a few days. I hope to set up a simple drip system so I won't even have to check them often at all.

Can anyone reccomend a good single plant drip system or design, or somehting small for 2-4 plants?

THanks

This is your first grow!? Man, I wish I had pics of my first attempt. Straight out of a Cheech and Chong movie. 5 foot tall sativas surrounded by shop lights, until they got too tall for the closet, finished out next to my bed with the floros and a pair of garage halogens....timer goes off in the AM....oh maaaaan!!!
I thinks you may be a natural ~

Thanks for the props!

I did my research. Did a lot of reading and planning. Even then I ran into several snags. Still, these ladies came back to life. The one with all the skinny shoots was the one near death. And how cool is it to get two very different but beautiful plants.

:)

I really enjoy your GJ because it's so detailed. I'm looking to grow my own small batch like you're doing, but my problem is finding the space. You're doing a great job with your plants. I hope you get great results. Sending some GREEN MOJO to you. Keep up the great work. BTW, how long did it take you to research before you set out to do this?

thanks again everyone, I'll be posting new pictures after the holiday..

Here are the pics I promised.
This is two plants. One is Jock Horror - the skinny bushy one. The other is a bagseed mystery strain. Looks indica dominant, yes? ANyone wanna take a stab at what it might be? It has one large cola with a few smaller ones growing also. It gets very sappy in between the colas.

SHould I be worried about that being a potential spot for mold? My box is pretty clean and I have a furnace filter (rated to filter out mold spores) on the intake - but still, the door opens and closes, etc.

I know this yield is less than what an HID light would provide, but at about 2-3 weeks from harvest, I'd say this is pretty impressive, especially for an ALL CFL grow. The colas are getting fatter and fatter.
:D

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0006_2.jpg

PICT0049.jpg

Does anyone have any comments regarding my concerns in the previous posts?

since u seem desperate, idk much at all.. leaves are supposed to die off as harvest approaches, 2-3 weeks doesnt sounds too early for this to be going on. Attack that potential mold problem with something quick, dont wanna hurt your harvest

well... I just went thru yer whole thread quickly, so I can make a few comments, if you'd allow me to indulge myself...

about yer nitrogen deficency problem... in the veg stage, nitrogen is a very important element... so ... I use a hydro fert of NPK 5 - 0 - 3 during pre flowering to get up to a 1800PPM strength. When I switch to a 12/12 light schedule, I just start adding hydro flowering nutes at 800PPM and work up to full strength 1800PPM both ferts till harvest... and give some special juices along the way...

u know what?... I was thinking I was getting mold probs nearing the end of the flowering cycle too... until I looked closer. the "mold" that I thought was forming on my buds, was actually all the trichomes starting to cloud over.;) it just means cropping is just around the corner... :hubba:

Thanks guys for chiming in!

My plants are quite healthy, now. I'm not worried about anything, necessarily, right now. I don't think I have any mold right now. I was just concerned, since some of the branches are quite sappy, some mold would form in the moisture created by the sap. There isn't any mold yet. I just wonder if any of you with experience have had mold grow if there was too much "sap." I'm so close to the finish line, I would hate to lose to mold and so I'm trying to be proactive. Thanks for the tip regarding the clouding of the trichomes. That might have made me nervous!

Also, i was hoping you guys can comment on my yield. For a CFL grow, it looks good to me, but I've never grown anything else before. :)

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!

Latest posts

Back