First grow in Promix, 2 weeks in and plants showing rust spots???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sun- I have thought about that but I've decided to go back to my original plan. I got out of if for a while and when I came back all the hype was on organic and supersoil. But I don't feel like paying for shipping and I've given up on organics. I'm getting wet! But thank you for the suggestion, I did give that a thought just too expensive and I like the idea of hydro.

THG- I would have to agree, although I haven't been able to show it yet, that I too would be better at hydro. I'm more hands on and I like to be involved more. And giving more attention is more what I want to do anyways. I'm going to run with these and do the best I can, and learn what I can, but I'm currently in the process of planning and designing with pup some 30 gal totes running a 2 plant perpetual cycle every 4-5 weeks. Stay tuned :)

Hush- No PM. Had to be the x-plant.

And Melvan, damnit! I've been saying this a lot lately, I should've gone with my gut. I added the castings and lime and the stuff I added ended up being infected with gnats. The store I have available to me is garbage. And that's not just my words, more than one. More like a couple hand fulls. I do have half a bale left of some HP and I might use that in my setup me and HushP are working on but I might just got 75/25 Coco/Perlite. And I'll run the Botanicare until I'm out unless they're just bad, but I seriously doubt it then I'll switch to GH or AN, their 3 part lines.

I just like the control of hydro. I can't just water and sit around. I like to be up in my plants biz and always checking on them. That's why I was having an issue the first week of over watering. I know the curve will be high for hydro, but originally it's what I did all my studying on in the first place. So it's not unfamiliar territory. I still have my layout plans for DWC from 07! Hahah. But I'll let these ride out, and I may even take some cuttings if I get there and pop them in some rockwool and get it rollin' with my new setup.

If you want to see recent pics I updated my journal. I believe this thread is done I just had necrosis on the first leaves from original over watering most likely and ph issue since I was dropping it lower than needed because I was treating it as JUST promix. I've been hitting 6.8 on my last 2 water/feedings. Thanks to all!

Latest posts

Back