First Grow Journal~ AK-47 and BC's Sweet-Dreams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yea that was a few hour read for sure.

babies are babies. my dog is my baby. she is asleep on my lap. i would expect the same when i plant seeds. lol ...small fragile things need lots of care. full grown adults need it given to them str8! :rofl:

your doing good brah! your going in the right direction!

:D Having some trouble with pics today so... no pics butt they are pretty cute though (my sprouts)!

Ok, so.. Yesterday I went driving all ov'a in an attempt to the find the next few items I will be needing. It's only been 5 days since I put those beauties in the j-pucks but as of this morning ALL 20 have sprouted and most have their first pair of true leaves:holysheep:!! Seriously? All 20? They took instantly to the T5's and got super GREEN in moments!

Anyway... I read that @ about 1 week old they could receive a lil bit of nutrition, I was thinking 1/4 - 1/8 strength? However, after driving for hours yesterday with multiple stops @ Lowe's, Home Depot, Garden Center, etc., it has become clear to me that there isn't an adequate selection of organic nutes to choose from in those hyper-commercial establishments geared more for the ppl planting trees and flowers and tomatoes. Or.. more likely, I don't know enough yet to pick and choose the correct ingredients :doh:!

I read that Sea Kelp is good for the lil ones and for vegging and purchased MaxiCrop Liquid Sea Kelp to use super mildly???

Also, I'm trying to wrap my lil brain around a great Organic soil mixture that isn't too complex, yet bio-diverse enough to give them what they need now and adjust it as their nutritional needs change. Those MP Grow Vids are great and give as one suggestion something like:

Peat moss
Vermiculite
Perlite (sp?)
Lime/Dolomite Powder for PH
Fruit bat Guano (is this mix considered "soil" or soilless?)

I wanna try to go completely organic for taste and so the search continues. None of the 5 or 6 stores I drove to yesterday had PH meters except one, I bought it and it sucks... when I tested it in water it said it was dry:confused2:?? I'll get a better one today.

I will try to submit a few pics later after more coffee. I know YOU know what sprouts look like, but I'm not so sure that these just aren't the most beautiful ones eve'a, js!

Thank you Jericho I will check that out right now! Appreciate bro!

Okay so here are those pics.. they're NOT much to look at :rolleyes: but it is painfully clear to me that I need the practice uploading stuff... This is just the tent with the babies, RED=AK & BLUE=SD... :hubba:

S7300138.JPGS7300140.JPGS7300142.JPGS7300143.JPG

:giggle:Any opinions on my using 1/4 - 1/8 strength Liquid Kelp for the babies in the next few days? They need to be watered today and I was waiting to hear...

P.S. The lights are actually closer to the babies then in the first pic.. I have 'em about 2-3" from the T5's.

I don't feed for 2-3 weeks depending on when they start to look hungry...it is very easy to fry the lil buggers so be patient....looking good brosef. Keep it up.

Thank you Ham-Man & Jericho! Will wait till da lil babies get older and get hungry!

looking good. can't wait to see these babies take off!

Hey PUA, looking good man,hey when i fill in what i did and when i did it on my calender from kaua'i, I saw today was Prince Kuhio day, wanted to say aloha brah, have a good one. lots of partying, big parade!!

SKAGITMAGIC said:
Hey PUA, looking good man,hey when i fill in what i did and when i did it on my calender from kaua'i, I saw today was Prince Kuhio day, wanted to say aloha brah, have a good one. lots of partying, big parade!!

Mahalo Skag Brah~ A little late with da response :D ... I have had the "crud" for da past week... babies all good. will get some pics up laytah today/tonight and update the gj. Hawaiians know how to party, yeah? We sure know how to grind (eat) and suck-em-up (drink, just in case... LOL). We have da okole's (butts) to prove it! :hubba:

rotten_socks420 said:
How cute! lol Good job bro

TY rotten~ I think they're the most beautiful sprouts ev'a... ummmm.. they're my first, but still! :p

:D Aloha one and all~

Wanted to update my gj since it's been a week or so since. I have had the "crud" going on a week now and although it may have kept me from my keyboard and eating regular food it has not kept me from crawling into my room and checking on my babies, ad nauseam (no pun intended).
:rolleyes:

This is where I stand (or lay, as it were) as of today: This much I know... the more I read the more I know that I do NOT "know" anything. I read so much about soil, and soiless "soil", that I thought my brain was going to implode and not just b/c of my temperature from the flu either.
:eek:

Thanks to everyone for all the help and direction toward all the resources pertaining to soil and other plant mediums and ultimately I decided, as I'm sure everyone does, on what I thought would be the best for me at this juncture. Stuff like prices and availability and keeping it organic and not too complex for my lil febrile brain. I am doing a mix of FF products to include Ocean Forest @ 50% with the other parts of coco coir, and light warrior with some additions. I also purchased today my PH up and down and Pure Blend Pro Veg. & Flower for soil. Mix for flowering a little different but still the same FF products. Whew... can I get an Amen!

In addition to soil for tomorrow I will also buy large containers... 20 of them, maybe even 22 just cause. I know my pictures kinda suck right now esp. close up I will endeavor to get a better camera after...

I cannot express to you enough my gratitude for all the help and advice I could not have made it even this far had it not been for you! Your kind words, journal entries, and comments have helped me immensely. My AK's are the biggest and about to get third set of leaves as are the SD's, but they're coming in all purple on the edges, dark and wantin to get in the dirt... like me I guess.

(Laughs @ they're 12 days old! :))

S7300145.JPGS7300148-2.JPGS7300146-2.JPGS7300150-1.JPGS7300152-1.JPG

P.S. As much as I like those NEW light hangers I have tried to delete that pic from here and cannot... juss sayin. :)

Attachments

• S7300153-1.JPG
    S7300153-1.JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 57
They kinda look droopy on the tips of the leaves, remember that when your growing in soil, that marijuana likes to keep it's feet dry, make sure they dry out well, most small container growers tell by weight, they wouldn't dream of watering without picking up the pot first, over watering is a common mistake when first starting, you just wanna help so bad.I thought i knew patience when I first started, you know a little extra nutes and on and on, my second shot at growing i had to empty my pots and wash the roots and repot them,I just had to keep that strain, and it worked, anyway the tips look kinda weird to me.

SKAGITMAGIC said:
They kinda look droopy on the tips of the leaves, remember that when your growing in soil, that marijuana likes to keep it's feet dry, make sure they dry out well, most small container growers tell by weight, they wouldn't dream of watering without picking up the pot first, over watering is a common mistake when first starting, ...anyway the tips look kinda weird to me.

I know, right? I asked someone earlier b/c I thought they were curling back due to light placement (T5's too close) But no... thing is I do let them do that dry/wet cycle but... The leaves themselves are strong and not all of them are curled back that way so... Will most def. exercise patients with these guys, and thank you for reminding me and keepin me on track!

Will shoot a better pic of the tops to show wide variation among same strain!

~~~I just rechecked the babies and I decided the only variable may be the cheap lil pots I found (not exactly jiffy-pots I think) and put them into. I can see a black staining on the sides, water marks, etc. I am putting them in dirt right now so I'll see if that helps them or kills them, or something in between that. :watchplant:

:D Aloha~

Just wanted to send some new pics of da babies. Transplanted them into soil @ 4 - 5 days ago, got their first REAL watering early this morning and seem to have grown since then.
:holysheep: So far they all look better than they did in those faux jiffy-pots, however, I do see a few of them with leaf discoloring. I looked at our MP "sick-plants" section and saw the leaf chart.... " to me it looks kinda like a Potassium deficiency, apparently. There are 3 that are that way and the rest look fine, better than fine really. @ 12 days old I gave them MaxiCrop liquid seaweed @ 1/8 - 1/4 strength. They turned color right after that. :doh: They are 18 days old today.

~~~Question:
:confused2: Will the plants discolor in it's effort to consume/decompose the kelp by using it's nutes, there by becoming deficient? Today they all look great except for the few mentioned. I have added a couple of pics of the whole tent and all the plants, the babies with some leaf discoloring and I think there is one of my babies that looks great.

~~~Question: :confused2: Will they return to good health and vigor or did I just totally blow it and should hold their funeral ASAP? No but seriously, will they grow through this? The new growth looks the same, almost? js...

S7300155.JPGS7300161.JPGS7300163.JPGS7300167.JPGS7300170.JPGS7300171.JPG

I dont know much about kelp, but cannabis is a surprisingly strong plant; I think they will be fine :D

Surfs, I forgot to sign my rep point to you, but as I said, anyone taking time to read the nutes chart is OK in my book!!

MosesPMG said:
I dont know much about kelp, but cannabis is a surprisingly strong plant; I think they will be fine :D
Thanks for that Moses~ I hope so. I bet next grow I won't be so twisted about it all... I mean that in a good way! :rofl:

Roddy said:
Surfs, I forgot to sign my rep point to you, but as I said, anyone taking time to read the nutes chart is OK in my book!!
:holysheep:Thanks so much brah~ I appreciate a good read, you know? Hey that nute study on here, Wow!!!. Intense. If I thought I knew anything before that I now realize I know even less now, js!

Mahalo Brah~

:watchplant:

Latest posts

Back