First Grow Journal~ AK-47 and BC's Sweet-Dreams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puasurfs

da kine brah
Reaction score
:D Aloha one and all and welcome to my very first grow ev'a!

I was a bit apprehensive to begin at, well... the beginning, but some kind words here and some prompting by members has given me the courage to try.

Here's where I stand as of today (some of this is a repeat from the introduce yourself thread, but anyway, I digress):

I have a Mother Keeper grow kit from HTG that is just sweet as can be. Included were the lights: T5 HO 6500k x 4 Lumen output that I thought would be perfect for clones (eventually), seedlings, and Mom too. I set her up in a newly painted and cleared room that has many outlets on their own circuits and central a/c. Test run today with all things fired up to include temp/humidity without the fans first and then the difference it made once I turned them on, something like super low humidity 53% (?) and 77 degrees. No negligible light leaks and so we're good there.:aok:

I have 20 beans each of AK-47 & Sweet Dreams. I did not germ them I just followed what ppl said and just sowed them: 10 each. This is the part where I say I know I want all females but it'll still be plenny if only half are. I wanted to give myself the opportunity to be successful and find the strongest most viable female to clone from. See? I've been reading, reading, reading!

I saturated the peat pellets with distilled water and after a good soaking I squeezed out excess, fluffed up the peat for aeration and threw in those beauties... and they were too! All mottled and striped and cool looking... Anyway, after that I placed them into the tiny hole from my chopstick covered them slightly and lightly then added a cap full of H2O to set them in for the night.

They are currently being warm in my grow tent with all lights off and a little crack in the case for O2. I am in the process of acquiring another tent for flowering. I see I have some time before I need to worry about that but I will get it in order b/c I'm OCD that way, js!:holysheep:

I am reading everything I can find and am pretty certain that I will continue on to an organic/soil process... we'll see b/c there is still more time for me to be indecisive at but another juncture...

I am sure I will make many mistakes along the way but like my dad always said, "if ur not making mistakes then ur just not living". And the best part is I have you guys. So... lemme see if'n I can upload some pics of my empty tent... :hubba:

S7300123.JPG

S7300122.JPG

S7300124.JPG

S7300125.JPG

:farm: :watchplant: Hold this while I pull up a chair, please!! :bong2:

sick tents are so simple!!!!

i got a nice tent too just like that. Ill definately be watching in on this and cant wait to help u dial this in.

t-5s are perfec for veg growth. your mother/clones will love it.

What kind of light were you planning on flowering under?

:48:

Nice tent, What are the dimensions? I need a bigger one for flowering.

Sounds like you have done allot of reading, Unlike some who come on thinking they can grow using anything.

Will be pulling up a chair and following along. Green Mojo for the grow.

:welcome: Everything looks great! cant wait for them to pop :D

Looks like you have done your homework and prepared as well as you can.
Sure you will make mistakes, we all do and most of us still do. Lots of people who are willing to help here and remember, no question is stupid. Its the questions that dont get asked that are stupid.

Got my chair pulled up,
Green mojo on its way.
Stay frosty. W

off to a good start. mojo for the babies...peace...

I am so glad you started a journal. Let us know if we can help. Good luck, very green mojo, and lots Sweet dreams (and ak47) coming your way.
Glad you are here Pua.

:yay:

what a Great adventure you are about to do...Cant wait to see that Tent all PAcked with Phat LAdies...Mojo For the grow..and welcome to your first grow..ev,a!!!!

Thank you puasurfs for doing your homework befor starting your adventure. So many times people come on here and say they have bag seeds and pretty much, asks us to grow them for them. It's refreshing to see someone that is so prepared.

:yeahthat: youre in the club! :banana: MoJoMOjomoJO!!

Thank you one and all for the aloha and GREEN MOJO!!! I suspect I will need it, and besides, that green mojo is the positive vibes coming off of all of you! Much appreciated and welcomed.

Mother keeper is 51.5"W x 24.5D x 48"H. It came with the inline exhaust and small fan. The T5 Lights are crazy bright and with a/c running and fans, internal temp can be managed... so far. But it's gonna get super hot here so we'll see down the line.

I am preparing to buy a bigger tent for flowering. I am looking @ 56" x 56" x 78" only because i am scared to death of not having the space just in case some freak thang happens and I end up with more females then expected.. (Laughs @ more females than expected - I wish! :) ~Psst... I'm reading about altering hormones with trace elements and heat and light to produce more females after third set of true leaves appear; it's worth a try!)

OG brah asked about the lighting for that. I was wanting the 600W with exchangeable lights (HPS & MH) and a digital ballast for reduction of heat? Not too bad of a price I think b/c well... I'm just "rollin' in the dough"... NOT! I'm still waiting on my acceptance into the broke-n-toke club, js!

I hate to admit it but I am like a happy and nervous expectant mother, tapping my feet outside the tent, drumming my fingers on my desk... patiently waiting to give some love!

:D Wait until it's bud time, the buds are forming nicely and the smell is starting to get enticing......ahhh, exciting times! :hubba: :hubba:

just wait and see how you feel the first time you have to leave them alone for a few days.... :rofl:

with tents, and a/c tho you can sleep like a baby!! it's the guess and test setups that REALLY cause the worry!

So... here's an update: Nada... But I just looked @ 1st posting and it's only been three days since I stuck them in the peat pucks. I've been reading constantly, keeping them warm and moist (not too moist tho) and dark... what more can a nervous expectant Mother do?

*Whistles as I pace up and down the hall...* I even have the cigars ready in anticipation of their birth.

I know, roddy, right? Can't imagine what that will be like. Well that's not exactly true b/c I DO imagine it! Hey is that the "visualization" part of this? LOL
Ben if I can just get 'em to come on out I promise NOT to leave 'em... until I harvest them...

:holysheep:I lied... I just checked on them this morning and THERE IS LIFE!

I am a little :shocked: b/c it's only been 3 days and I did not pre-germ 'em and I was reading how some ppl had some problems with those lil jiffy pucks (after I already had them, of course).:rolleyes: Maybe those cool beans have super-powers or something... my guess is it's from all the GREEN MOJO you guys/gals have been sending my way. Much aloha for dat!

I am currently reading the 'Indoor/Outdoor Med. Bible and now I need to read about what to do since they have different sprout rates (not by much because more than half have sprouted already:woohoo:)

& b/c I wanna give them what they need when they need it. I cannot locate the specific info. right now but my guess would be to leave in the dark and warmth until they get their true leaves? Or just the cotyledons? Will I give them full on T5 lighting or will they need to be shaded a bit with a screen first? Inquiring minds want to know!

So besides that I will be home reading, of course, & :dancing: cause I can't help myself right now and :watchplant:

Please, a ROUND OF CIGARS on me... I'm a proud Mom today!:D

I will now attempt for the 3rd time to upload the pics of my sprouts. The first is of the AK-47's x 4 (sprouts), the 2nd is of the Sweet Dreams x 4, and the 3rd is of the AK's peeking thorough the top. To me they look like they can't wait to arrive, js!

S7300129.JPGS7300130.JPGS7300131.JPG

:fly: :headbang: :yay: :aok: :banana: :ccc: :ciao: :bongin: :dancing: :cool2:

babies!!! mojo mojo mojo

Og Brah~ You're an Uncle!! Laughs @ Uncle OG! Seriously tho'? You would have thought that I had a kid for realz... (I actually do have new sprouts and they are my babies so...) Much aloha brah! Now back to my regularly scheduled program of reading...

1). read about when and how to give "first" light.
2). read about the PERFECT potting soil mix to use.
3). read about organic nutes.

Good lawd that "nute-study" from here is crazy intense... I'm still trying to get through THAT one! :eek:

Latest posts

Back